|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 | Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Twain recording his autobiography when he died?
(a) He wrote with a typewriter.
(b) He dictated to a secretary.
(c) He wrote with pencil on scraps of paper.
(d) He wrote with a quill pen.
2. How did Twain become the star of a hypnotist show?
(a) He pretended to be a hypnotist.
(b) He learned the mesmerizer's trade.
(c) He pretended to be mesmerized.
(d) He was the only one to be truly hypnotized.
3. How does Twain describe his mother?
(a) A woman who loved too much to know better.
(b) A woman with a small body and huge heart.
(c) A woman with strict way and a tender heart.
(d) A woman with a heart of gold and a fist of iron.
4. What did Twain once give a man in jail?
(a) A knife.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) Some food.
5. To what does Twain compare writing his autobiography?
(a) Painting a picture.
(b) Keeping a journal.
(c) Walking through memories.
(d) Writing love letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Dr. Peake from?
2. How does Twain describe his uncle's farm?
3. Of what ailment did a faith doctor cure Twain's mother?
4. What did Twain notice when he wrote his autobiography in pen?
5. What character is Twain supposed to be in his sister's play?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)