|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 53-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Twain accidentally copy in his book about his sailing trip around the world?
(a) Louisa May Alcott.
(b) Edgar Allen Poe.
(c) Oliver Wendell Holmes.
(d) James Faulker.
2. Who owned 9/10 of Twain's company?
3. Who suggested that Twain should write a book?
(a) Robert Wendall.
(b) Ross Weber.
(c) Charles Webb.
(d) Frank Wall.
4. What does Twain say his mother thought of the trouble he caused as a boy?
(a) She liked it.
(b) She hated it.
(c) She expected it.
(d) She was confused by it.
5. How much was Twain's first royalty check for Huckleberry Finn?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Twain's famous characters was inspired by Tom Blankenship?
2. Which of Twain's books did Webster stall on publishing?
3. Which of Twain's books started as a joke?
4. What made Twain a local celebrity?
5. Why was Suzy's vocabulary so extensive?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)