Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Twain's father die of?
(a) Pneumonic plague.
2. What does Twain think could have happened if the person who died in 1907 had some education?
(a) He could have been a famous writer.
(b) He could have been a successful business man.
(c) He could have delivered great sermons.
(d) He could have taught at colleges.
3. What did Twain decide to do after becoming a local celebrity?
(a) Write a book.
(b) Take photographs.
(c) Give lectures.
(d) Teach seminars.
4. Of what ailment did a faith doctor cure Twain's mother?
(a) A fever.
(b) A headache.
(c) A toothache.
(d) A stomach pain.
5. How did Twain study the human race?
(a) He studied himself.
(b) He read old journals.
(c) He watched people.
(d) He read psychology text books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Twain say his mother thought of the trouble he caused as a boy?
2. What does Twain say his intimates rarely see in him?
3. What made Twain a local celebrity?
4. What was the name of Twain's older brother?
5. What was the name of the newspaper Twain wrote for in Nevada?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)