|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 59-62.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the first publisher to turn Twain's first book down?
2. Where was Dr. Peake from?
(b) North Carolina.
(c) New York.
3. How much was Twain paid for his story about the boy sliding into the party with his pajamas on?
4. What story did Twain use his letters to write when he came home from sailing around the world?
(a) "The Innocents Abroad."
(b) "The Poor Man's Expedition."
(c) "The Lucky Man's Voyage."
(d) "The Journey of the Naive."
5. How does Twain describe his older brother?
(a) The most revered and deranged man.
(b) The most miserable and hopeful man.
(c) The most happy and alarmed man.
(d) The most confused and innocent man.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what did Twain try to invest?
2. How did Twain learn that Grant was human?
3. Where did Twain's older brother work?
4. What was the name of Twain's older brother?
5. How long does Twain say he will take to write a book?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)