|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 59-62.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the first publisher to turn Twain's first book down?
2. How does Twain describe his uncle's farm?
3. How much money did Twain live on while writing "The Innocents Abroad"?
(a) $36 a week.
(b) $48 a week.
(c) $24 a week.
(d) $12 a week.
4. Where was Orion when he died?
(a) At church.
(b) In his bed.
(c) At the kitchen table.
(d) On a train.
5. How did Higbie get a job?
(a) He put in an application under Twain's name.
(b) He volunteered his labor at first.
(c) He paid a man to watch him work for a day.
(d) He let the employers bid on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Twain say he will take to write a book?
2. Where did Twain's older brother work?
3. What did Twain once give a man in jail?
4. How old was Twain when he had his first crush on a girl?
5. What does Twain say his intimates rarely see in him?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)