|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 59-62.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the minister travel anonymously?
(a) To escape judgment.
(b) To keep his sins hidden.
(c) To have more enjoyment.
(d) To have a real vacation.
2. Why was the publishing company nervous about releasing "The Innocents Abroad?"
(a) It was humorous.
(b) It was non-fiction.
(c) It was fictional.
(d) There was no romance.
3. What did Twain love about the person who died in 1907?
(a) His accent.
(b) His stories.
(c) His honesty.
(d) His compassion.
4. How did Harte survive financially at the end of his life?
(a) His father left an inheritance.
(b) He stole money from friends.
(c) He borrowed money.
(d) He married a rich widow.
5. Which of Twain's famous characters was inspired by Tom Blankenship?
(a) The Pauper.
(b) Tom Sawyer.
(c) Injun Joe.
(d) Huckleberry Finn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the boy who came to stay with Twain's family when he was 15?
2. How did Suzy describe her father's language?
3. How old was Twain when he began smoking?
4. What happens to Twain on his first day of school?
5. Why does Twain think the family of the person who died in 1907 never saw how brilliant he was?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)