|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 59-62.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the newspaper Twain wrote for in Nevada?
(a) The Entrepreneur.
(b) The Freedom Post.
(c) The Free Bird Exam.
(d) The Enterprise.
2. Why did Twain resign from the Civil War?
(a) A shoulder wound.
(b) Fatigue from retreating.
(c) His mother fell ill.
(d) He wanted to join the Union.
3. What did Twain decide to keep a secret from his family?
(a) His alcoholism.
(b) His religion.
(c) His drug use.
(d) His swearing.
4. What was Harte's first name?
5. How did Twain learn that Grant was human?
(a) When he admitted his fear of heights.
(b) When his book portrayed his weakness.
(c) When he got offended by being ignored by Twain.
(d) When he got sick and almost died.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Twain so derisive in his speech about Bret Harte?
2. What character is Twain supposed to be in his sister's play?
3. Where did Twain go after leaving Nevada?
4. How long did Murat Hallsted's career last?
5. What was Harte's occupation?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)