|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 59-62.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Twain's books started as a joke?
(b) "Tom Sawyer."
(c) "The Prince and the Pauper."
(d) "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court."
2. How much money did Twain live on while writing "The Innocents Abroad"?
(a) $48 a week.
(b) $24 a week.
(c) $12 a week.
(d) $36 a week.
3. What did Twain see some Irish boys doing one night after he left Nevada?
(a) Killing a dog.
(b) Stoning a Chinese man.
(c) Harassing a policeman.
(d) Giving alcohol to a baby.
4. In what did Twain try to invest?
(b) Poetry books.
(d) Stock markets.
5. How did Olivia help Twain in his writing career?
(a) She was an honest critic.
(b) She gave him ideas.
(c) She pushed him to work harder.
(d) She was his editor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time passed before Twain saw the man who first refused to publish Twain's first book?.
2. How much was Twain paid for his weekly letters while sailing around the world?
3. How much was Twain paid for his story about the boy sliding into the party with his pajamas on?
4. What happens to Twain on his first day of school?
5. How does Twain describe his uncle's farm?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)