|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 59-62.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much was Twain paid for his weekly letters while sailing around the world?
(a) $20 per paragraph.
(b) $20 per sentence.
(c) $20 per letter.
(d) $20 per word.
2. What did Twain like most about Higbie?
(a) His poor spelling.
(b) His sense of humor.
(c) His strange accent.
(d) His thick beard.
3. What did Twain agree to without really reading?
(a) A pay cut for himself.
(b) A new contract for Webster.
(c) Grant's book.
(d) A land auction.
4. Who suggested that Twain should write a book?
(a) Ross Weber.
(b) Charles Webb.
(c) Frank Wall.
(d) Robert Wendall.
5. What did Twain hope to do after returning from his trip around the world?
(a) Give more lectures.
(b) Write a book.
(c) Be promoted.
(d) Create his own magazine.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Henry die?
2. Why did the minister travel anonymously?
3. What kind of epidemic spread through the town when Twain was 10?
4. How old was Twain when he first went to school?
5. Who did Twain see in person that made him very happy?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)