|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 59-62.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book did Webb publish for Twain?
(a) "Sketches of a River Boy."
(b) "The Prince and the Pauper."
(c) "The Jumping Frog."
(d) "Tom Sawyer."
2. What did the author who Twain accidentally copied say is never a crime?
(a) Reusing old text.
(b) Small amounts of copying.
(c) Unconscious plagiarism.
(d) Enhancing existing ideas.
3. What word does Twain use to describe Harte?
4. What does Twain say he never had to work at in his life?
(a) Believing in God.
(b) Finding gratitude.
(c) Being funny.
(d) Writing a book.
5. Which of Twain's famous characters was inspired by Tom Blankenship?
(a) Tom Sawyer.
(b) Injun Joe.
(c) The Pauper.
(d) Huckleberry Finn.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Olivia help Twain in his writing career?
2. How much time passed before Twain saw the man who first refused to publish Twain's first book?.
3. Why was the publishing company nervous about releasing "The Innocents Abroad?"
4. What does Twain contrast lecturing with?
5. What did Twain see some Irish boys doing one night after he left Nevada?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)