|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 59-62.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much was Twain paid for his weekly letters while sailing around the world?
(a) $20 per word.
(b) $20 per letter.
(c) $20 per paragraph.
(d) $20 per sentence.
2. What happens to Twain on his first day of school?
(a) He is whipped.
(b) He is put ahead a few classes.
(c) He is teased.
(d) He is sent home.
3. How did Henry die?
(a) Was shot in the back.
(b) Drowned in the river.
(c) Boiler explosion.
(d) Caught yellow fever.
4. What did the author who Twain accidentally copied say is never a crime?
(a) Reusing old text.
(b) Unconscious plagiarism.
(c) Enhancing existing ideas.
(d) Small amounts of copying.
5. Where was Orion when he died?
(a) In his bed.
(b) On a train.
(c) At the kitchen table.
(d) At church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what ailment did a faith doctor cure Twain's mother?
2. What did Twain see some Irish boys doing one night after he left Nevada?
3. How much was Twain paid for his story about the boy sliding into the party with his pajamas on?
4. How much money had Grant's book made before he died?
5. Where did Twain's older brother work?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)