|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 59-62.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Twain's books started as a joke?
(a) "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court."
(b) "Tom Sawyer."
(c) "The Prince and the Pauper."
2. Whom did Twain accidentally copy in his book about his sailing trip around the world?
(a) Edgar Allen Poe.
(b) Louisa May Alcott.
(c) Oliver Wendell Holmes.
(d) James Faulker.
3. How much money had Grant's book made before he died?
4. Who had full control of everything in Twain's company?
5. What happened to Olivia when she was 16?
(a) She fell on some ice.
(b) She got Scarlet Fever.
(c) She broke her leg.
(d) She had a stroke.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Twain describe his wife?
2. What did Twain see some Irish boys doing one night after he left Nevada?
3. What was the name of the newspaper Twain wrote for in Nevada?
4. How did Higbie get a job?
5. How old was Twain when he began smoking?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)