|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 59-62.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Twain agree to without really reading?
(a) Grant's book.
(b) A pay cut for himself.
(c) A new contract for Webster.
(d) A land auction.
2. What did an innkeeper do that made Twain so happy?
(a) Confessed his sins in the lobby.
(b) Gave him a room for free.
(c) Used vulgar language in front of the minister.
(d) Recognized the minister.
3. What character is Twain supposed to be in his sister's play?
(a) A bear.
(b) An Indian.
(c) A cowboy.
(d) A cougar.
4. How much time passed before Twain saw the man who first refused to publish Twain's first book?.
(a) 21 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 19 years.
(d) 23 years.
5. Who died in 1907?
(a) Jim Gillis.
(b) Bret Harte.
(c) Injun Joe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the first publisher to turn Twain's first book down?
2. How did Harte survive financially at the end of his life?
3. Where was Dr. Peake from?
4. Where was Twain born?
5. What happens to Twain on his first day of school?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)