|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 59-62.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Twain say the trade of writing requires before one can be a professional?
(a) Trial and error.
(b) Tutoring from an established author.
(c) A time of apprenticeship.
2. What was the name of the newspaper Twain wrote for in Nevada?
(a) The Entrepreneur.
(b) The Freedom Post.
(c) The Free Bird Exam.
(d) The Enterprise.
3. What major book did Twain stall in the middle of writing?
(a) "The Prince and the Pauper."
(b) "Tom Sawyer."
(d) "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court."
4. What did Twain love about the person who died in 1907?
(a) His accent.
(b) His honesty.
(c) His stories.
(d) His compassion.
5. Where did Twain's older brother work?
(a) A publisher.
(b) A printing press.
(c) A newspaper office.
(d) An editor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Olivia help Twain in his writing career?
2. What does Twain do with his daily dose of pain killer?
3. What was Murat Hallsted's occupation?
4. Why was the publishing company nervous about releasing "The Innocents Abroad?"
5. What did Twain like most about Higbie?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)