|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 59-62.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Twain contrast lecturing with?
2. Where did Twain meet the man who died in 1907?
(d) New York.
3. How did Henry die?
(a) Drowned in the river.
(b) Caught yellow fever.
(c) Boiler explosion.
(d) Was shot in the back.
4. How did Twain become the star of a hypnotist show?
(a) He was the only one to be truly hypnotized.
(b) He learned the mesmerizer's trade.
(c) He pretended to be a hypnotist.
(d) He pretended to be mesmerized.
5. What does Twain say he has always had a talent for?
(b) Making enemies.
(c) Being swindled.
(d) Making friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Twain learn that Grant was human?
2. How does Twain describe his older brother?
3. Where was Twain born?
4. What did Twain like most about Higbie?
5. Where outside of California did Twain give lectures?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)