|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20-21 | Chapters 22-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Twain describe his uncle's farm?
2. How did Higbie get a job?
(a) He volunteered his labor at first.
(b) He put in an application under Twain's name.
(c) He paid a man to watch him work for a day.
(d) He let the employers bid on him.
3. What does Twain say his mother thought of the trouble he caused as a boy?
(a) She was confused by it.
(b) She liked it.
(c) She hated it.
(d) She expected it.
4. Where did Twain's older brother work?
(a) A newspaper office.
(b) A publisher.
(c) An editor.
(d) A printing press.
5. What does Twain bring home from caves as a young boy?
(d) Cave spiders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the newspaper Twain wrote for in Nevada?
2. What happens to Twain on his first day of school?
3. What is the name of the boy who came to stay with Twain's family when he was 15?
4. On what river did Twain desperately want to travel?
5. How old was Twain when he first went to school?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)