|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20-21 | Chapters 22-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Twain resign from the Civil War?
(a) His mother fell ill.
(b) Fatigue from retreating.
(c) A shoulder wound.
(d) He wanted to join the Union.
2. Which of Twain's famous characters was inspired by Tom Blankenship?
(a) Huckleberry Finn.
(b) Tom Sawyer.
(c) The Pauper.
(d) Injun Joe.
3. What happens to Twain on his first day of school?
(a) He is whipped.
(b) He is teased.
(c) He is put ahead a few classes.
(d) He is sent home.
4. How does Twain describe his older brother?
(a) The most revered and deranged man.
(b) The most confused and innocent man.
(c) The most happy and alarmed man.
(d) The most miserable and hopeful man.
5. How old was Twain when he had his first crush on a girl?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Dr. Peake from?
2. What is the name of the boy who came to stay with Twain's family when he was 15?
3. Where did Twain's older brother work?
4. What does Twain do with his daily dose of pain killer?
5. Of what ailment did a faith doctor cure Twain's mother?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)