Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 59-62.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time passed before Twain saw the man who first refused to publish Twain's first book?.
(a) 19 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 23 years.
(d) 21 years.
2. What major book did Twain stall in the middle of writing?
(a) "Tom Sawyer."
(c) "The Prince and the Pauper."
(d) "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court."
3. Why was Twain so derisive in his speech about Bret Harte?
(a) Brett swindled Twain out of money.
(b) Bret was rude to Twain.
(c) Bret was a plagiarizer.
(d) Bret abandoned his family.
4. What did Twain once give a man in jail?
(a) Some food.
(b) A cigarette.
(d) A knife.
5. What did Twain agree to without really reading?
(a) Grant's book.
(b) A new contract for Webster.
(c) A pay cut for himself.
(d) A land auction.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Twain's older brother work?
2. Which of Twain's books started as a joke?
3. How long did Murat Hallsted's career last?
4. Whom did Twain accidentally copy in his book about his sailing trip around the world?
5. Why did the minister travel anonymously?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)