|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where outside of California did Twain give lectures?
2. How does Twain describe his older brother?
(a) The most confused and innocent man.
(b) The most happy and alarmed man.
(c) The most revered and deranged man.
(d) The most miserable and hopeful man.
3. What does Twain do with his daily dose of pain killer?
(a) Pours it out the window.
(b) Gives it to his brother.
(c) Takes it obediently.
(d) Feeds it to the cat.
4. Which of Twain's famous characters was inspired by Tom Blankenship?
(a) Injun Joe.
(b) Tom Sawyer.
(c) The Pauper.
(d) Huckleberry Finn.
5. How does Twain describe his wife?
(a) She was both innocent and worldly.
(b) She was both strict and compassionate.
(c) She was both a girl and a woman.
(d) She was both calm and passionate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Twain accidentally copy in his book about his sailing trip around the world?
2. How long does it take for Twain to find out which girl saw him naked as a boy?
3. What does Twain contrast lecturing with?
4. What was the name of Twain's older brother?
5. What does Twain say his mother thought of the trouble he caused as a boy?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)