|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the author who Twain accidentally copied say is never a crime?
(a) Enhancing existing ideas.
(b) Small amounts of copying.
(c) Reusing old text.
(d) Unconscious plagiarism.
2. Which of Twain's famous characters was inspired by Tom Blankenship?
(a) The Pauper.
(b) Tom Sawyer.
(c) Huckleberry Finn.
(d) Injun Joe.
3. How did Olivia help Twain in his writing career?
(a) She pushed him to work harder.
(b) She was an honest critic.
(c) She was his editor.
(d) She gave him ideas.
4. How does Twain describe his wife?
(a) She was both strict and compassionate.
(b) She was both innocent and worldly.
(c) She was both calm and passionate.
(d) She was both a girl and a woman.
5. What does Twain contrast lecturing with?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Harte survive financially at the end of his life?
2. What character is Twain supposed to be in his sister's play?
3. How does Twain describe his older brother?
4. What kind of epidemic spread through the town when Twain was 10?
5. What did Twain once give a man in jail?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)