|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story did Twain use his letters to write when he came home from sailing around the world?
(a) "The Lucky Man's Voyage."
(b) "The Journey of the Naive."
(c) "The Poor Man's Expedition."
(d) "The Innocents Abroad."
2. Where outside of California did Twain give lectures?
3. What character is Twain supposed to be in his sister's play?
(a) A bear.
(b) A cowboy.
(c) A cougar.
(d) An Indian.
4. What happens to Twain on his first day of school?
(a) He is teased.
(b) He is whipped.
(c) He is put ahead a few classes.
(d) He is sent home.
5. What did the author who Twain accidentally copied say is never a crime?
(a) Reusing old text.
(b) Enhancing existing ideas.
(c) Small amounts of copying.
(d) Unconscious plagiarism.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Twain describe his older brother?
2. How does Twain describe his wife?
3. Where did Twain's older brother work?
4. Which of Twain's famous characters was inspired by Tom Blankenship?
5. How did Dr. Newton say he cured Olivia?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)