|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Twain want to have happen to the editor who told him to resign?
(a) God to punish him.
(b) To have his paper go out of business.
(c) To have one of his stories turned down.
(d) To watch Twain become rich and famous.
2. What did Twain hope to do after returning from his trip around the world?
(a) Be promoted.
(b) Give more lectures.
(c) Create his own magazine.
(d) Write a book.
3. How does Twain describe his older brother?
(a) The most revered and deranged man.
(b) The most miserable and hopeful man.
(c) The most confused and innocent man.
(d) The most happy and alarmed man.
4. Which of Twain's famous characters was inspired by Tom Blankenship?
(a) Huckleberry Finn.
(b) The Pauper.
(c) Injun Joe.
(d) Tom Sawyer.
5. Where did Twain's older brother work?
(a) A publisher.
(b) An editor.
(c) A newspaper office.
(d) A printing press.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Harte's occupation?
2. Where did Twain go after leaving Nevada?
3. What was Harte's first name?
4. What did Twain once give a man in jail?
5. Whom did Twain accidentally copy in his book about his sailing trip around the world?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)