|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take for Twain to find out which girl saw him naked as a boy?
(a) 46 years.
(b) 26 years.
(c) 36 years.
(d) 16 years.
2. How old was Twain when he had his first crush on a girl?
3. Who did Twain see in person that made him very happy?
(a) Nathaniel Hawthorne.
(b) Charles Dickens.
(c) Mark Twain.
(d) James Faulkner.
4. What did Twain see some Irish boys doing one night after he left Nevada?
(a) Stoning a Chinese man.
(b) Harassing a policeman.
(c) Killing a dog.
(d) Giving alcohol to a baby.
5. What did the author who Twain accidentally copied say is never a crime?
(a) Unconscious plagiarism.
(b) Small amounts of copying.
(c) Reusing old text.
(d) Enhancing existing ideas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Twain want to have happen to the editor who told him to resign?
2. How did Harte survive financially at the end of his life?
3. How does Twain describe his wife?
4. What was Harte's first name?
5. What does Twain say his mother thought of the trouble he caused as a boy?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)