|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Olivia when she was 16?
(a) She broke her leg.
(b) She got Scarlet Fever.
(c) She fell on some ice.
(d) She had a stroke.
2. How did Harte survive financially at the end of his life?
(a) He married a rich widow.
(b) He stole money from friends.
(c) He borrowed money.
(d) His father left an inheritance.
3. What does Twain do with his daily dose of pain killer?
(a) Feeds it to the cat.
(b) Takes it obediently.
(c) Gives it to his brother.
(d) Pours it out the window.
4. What character is Twain supposed to be in his sister's play?
(a) A bear.
(b) A cougar.
(c) An Indian.
(d) A cowboy.
5. How does Twain describe his wife?
(a) She was both calm and passionate.
(b) She was both strict and compassionate.
(c) She was both a girl and a woman.
(d) She was both innocent and worldly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Twain's older brother work?
2. What did Twain hope to do after returning from his trip around the world?
3. Who did Twain see in person that made him very happy?
4. What happens to Twain on his first day of school?
5. What was the name of Twain's older brother?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)