|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Twain describe his older brother?
(a) The most revered and deranged man.
(b) The most confused and innocent man.
(c) The most miserable and hopeful man.
(d) The most happy and alarmed man.
2. How old was Twain when he had his first crush on a girl?
3. What did Twain hope to do after returning from his trip around the world?
(a) Be promoted.
(b) Give more lectures.
(c) Write a book.
(d) Create his own magazine.
4. What did Twain want to have happen to the editor who told him to resign?
(a) God to punish him.
(b) To watch Twain become rich and famous.
(c) To have his paper go out of business.
(d) To have one of his stories turned down.
5. What was Harte's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Twain see some Irish boys doing one night after he left Nevada?
2. Where outside of California did Twain give lectures?
3. How did Dr. Newton say he cured Olivia?
4. Which of Twain's famous characters was inspired by Tom Blankenship?
5. What does Twain say his mother thought of the trouble he caused as a boy?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)