|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Twain contrast lecturing with?
2. How does Twain describe his wife?
(a) She was both strict and compassionate.
(b) She was both a girl and a woman.
(c) She was both calm and passionate.
(d) She was both innocent and worldly.
3. How long does it take for Twain to find out which girl saw him naked as a boy?
(a) 36 years.
(b) 16 years.
(c) 46 years.
(d) 26 years.
4. What story did Twain use his letters to write when he came home from sailing around the world?
(a) "The Poor Man's Expedition."
(b) "The Lucky Man's Voyage."
(c) "The Innocents Abroad."
(d) "The Journey of the Naive."
5. Whom did Twain accidentally copy in his book about his sailing trip around the world?
(a) Edgar Allen Poe.
(b) Louisa May Alcott.
(c) James Faulker.
(d) Oliver Wendell Holmes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Olivia help Twain in his writing career?
2. What kind of epidemic spread through the town when Twain was 10?
3. What did Twain once give a man in jail?
4. What does Twain do with his daily dose of pain killer?
5. Where did Twain go after leaving Nevada?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)