|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Olivia when she was 16?
(a) She broke her leg.
(b) She had a stroke.
(c) She fell on some ice.
(d) She got Scarlet Fever.
2. What was Harte's first name?
3. How much was Twain paid for his weekly letters while sailing around the world?
(a) $20 per word.
(b) $20 per paragraph.
(c) $20 per sentence.
(d) $20 per letter.
4. What did Twain once give a man in jail?
(b) A knife.
(c) Some food.
(d) A cigarette.
5. Where did Twain go after leaving Nevada?
(a) New York.
(c) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where outside of California did Twain give lectures?
2. What was the name of Twain's older brother?
3. What did the author who Twain accidentally copied say is never a crime?
4. What does Twain say his mother thought of the trouble he caused as a boy?
5. How does Twain describe his older brother?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)