|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Twain once give a man in jail?
(a) A knife.
(b) A cigarette.
(d) Some food.
2. Which of Twain's famous characters was inspired by Tom Blankenship?
(a) Injun Joe.
(b) Tom Sawyer.
(c) Huckleberry Finn.
(d) The Pauper.
3. How did Harte survive financially at the end of his life?
(a) He married a rich widow.
(b) He stole money from friends.
(c) His father left an inheritance.
(d) He borrowed money.
4. What did Twain see some Irish boys doing one night after he left Nevada?
(a) Harassing a policeman.
(b) Stoning a Chinese man.
(c) Giving alcohol to a baby.
(d) Killing a dog.
5. What was Harte's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where outside of California did Twain give lectures?
2. What happens to Twain on his first day of school?
3. Who did Twain see in person that made him very happy?
4. How long does it take for Twain to find out which girl saw him naked as a boy?
5. What does Twain contrast lecturing with?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)