|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Twain want to have happen to the editor who told him to resign?
(a) To watch Twain become rich and famous.
(b) God to punish him.
(c) To have his paper go out of business.
(d) To have one of his stories turned down.
2. What was Harte's first name?
3. Where did Twain's older brother work?
(a) An editor.
(b) A printing press.
(c) A publisher.
(d) A newspaper office.
4. What did Twain hope to do after returning from his trip around the world?
(a) Create his own magazine.
(b) Be promoted.
(c) Write a book.
(d) Give more lectures.
5. How did Olivia help Twain in his writing career?
(a) She pushed him to work harder.
(b) She gave him ideas.
(c) She was his editor.
(d) She was an honest critic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of epidemic spread through the town when Twain was 10?
2. Which of Twain's famous characters was inspired by Tom Blankenship?
3. What character is Twain supposed to be in his sister's play?
4. What does Twain say his mother thought of the trouble he caused as a boy?
5. How did Harte survive financially at the end of his life?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)