|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Twain say his mother thought of the trouble he caused as a boy?
(a) She hated it.
(b) She was confused by it.
(c) She expected it.
(d) She liked it.
2. How does Twain describe his wife?
(a) She was both calm and passionate.
(b) She was both a girl and a woman.
(c) She was both innocent and worldly.
(d) She was both strict and compassionate.
3. Where outside of California did Twain give lectures?
4. What did Twain once give a man in jail?
(a) A cigarette.
(b) A knife.
(d) Some food.
5. What did Twain see some Irish boys doing one night after he left Nevada?
(a) Giving alcohol to a baby.
(b) Stoning a Chinese man.
(c) Killing a dog.
(d) Harassing a policeman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Twain go after leaving Nevada?
2. What was the name of Twain's older brother?
3. How did Harte survive financially at the end of his life?
4. What happens to Twain on his first day of school?
5. What does Twain contrast lecturing with?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)