|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story did Twain use his letters to write when he came home from sailing around the world?
(a) "The Lucky Man's Voyage."
(b) "The Journey of the Naive."
(c) "The Poor Man's Expedition."
(d) "The Innocents Abroad."
2. How does Twain describe his wife?
(a) She was both innocent and worldly.
(b) She was both calm and passionate.
(c) She was both a girl and a woman.
(d) She was both strict and compassionate.
3. Where did Twain's older brother work?
(a) A publisher.
(b) A newspaper office.
(c) A printing press.
(d) An editor.
4. What happens to Twain on his first day of school?
(a) He is teased.
(b) He is sent home.
(c) He is put ahead a few classes.
(d) He is whipped.
5. What did Twain hope to do after returning from his trip around the world?
(a) Write a book.
(b) Give more lectures.
(c) Be promoted.
(d) Create his own magazine.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Twain when he had his first crush on a girl?
2. What was the name of Twain's older brother?
3. How did Harte survive financially at the end of his life?
4. What does Twain do with his daily dose of pain killer?
5. Who did Twain see in person that made him very happy?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)