|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Twain describe his older brother?
(a) The most confused and innocent man.
(b) The most revered and deranged man.
(c) The most miserable and hopeful man.
(d) The most happy and alarmed man.
2. What did the author who Twain accidentally copied say is never a crime?
(a) Reusing old text.
(b) Enhancing existing ideas.
(c) Small amounts of copying.
(d) Unconscious plagiarism.
3. Where outside of California did Twain give lectures?
4. What did Twain hope to do after returning from his trip around the world?
(a) Give more lectures.
(b) Create his own magazine.
(c) Write a book.
(d) Be promoted.
5. Where did Twain go after leaving Nevada?
(b) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story did Twain use his letters to write when he came home from sailing around the world?
2. How did Harte survive financially at the end of his life?
3. Whom did Twain accidentally copy in his book about his sailing trip around the world?
4. How does Twain describe his wife?
5. How much was Twain paid for his weekly letters while sailing around the world?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)