|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Twain do with his daily dose of pain killer?
(a) Pours it out the window.
(b) Gives it to his brother.
(c) Takes it obediently.
(d) Feeds it to the cat.
2. Where outside of California did Twain give lectures?
3. What happened to Olivia when she was 16?
(a) She got Scarlet Fever.
(b) She fell on some ice.
(c) She broke her leg.
(d) She had a stroke.
4. What story did Twain use his letters to write when he came home from sailing around the world?
(a) "The Innocents Abroad."
(b) "The Journey of the Naive."
(c) "The Lucky Man's Voyage."
(d) "The Poor Man's Expedition."
5. Whom did Twain accidentally copy in his book about his sailing trip around the world?
(a) James Faulker.
(b) Edgar Allen Poe.
(c) Louisa May Alcott.
(d) Oliver Wendell Holmes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Twain's famous characters was inspired by Tom Blankenship?
2. How did Olivia help Twain in his writing career?
3. What was the name of Twain's older brother?
4. What did Twain want to have happen to the editor who told him to resign?
5. How does Twain describe his older brother?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)