|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Twain do with his daily dose of pain killer?
(a) Feeds it to the cat.
(b) Takes it obediently.
(c) Pours it out the window.
(d) Gives it to his brother.
2. What happens to Twain on his first day of school?
(a) He is teased.
(b) He is whipped.
(c) He is sent home.
(d) He is put ahead a few classes.
3. What does Twain say his mother thought of the trouble he caused as a boy?
(a) She expected it.
(b) She liked it.
(c) She hated it.
(d) She was confused by it.
4. How did Olivia help Twain in his writing career?
(a) She was his editor.
(b) She was an honest critic.
(c) She gave him ideas.
(d) She pushed him to work harder.
5. What was Harte's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Twain's older brother?
2. What kind of epidemic spread through the town when Twain was 10?
3. What does Twain contrast lecturing with?
4. Whom did Twain accidentally copy in his book about his sailing trip around the world?
5. Where did Twain's older brother work?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)