|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Twain describe his older brother?
(a) The most revered and deranged man.
(b) The most happy and alarmed man.
(c) The most confused and innocent man.
(d) The most miserable and hopeful man.
2. Which of Twain's famous characters was inspired by Tom Blankenship?
(a) The Pauper.
(b) Tom Sawyer.
(c) Injun Joe.
(d) Huckleberry Finn.
3. How much was Twain paid for his weekly letters while sailing around the world?
(a) $20 per sentence.
(b) $20 per paragraph.
(c) $20 per letter.
(d) $20 per word.
4. What kind of epidemic spread through the town when Twain was 10?
5. What happens to Twain on his first day of school?
(a) He is put ahead a few classes.
(b) He is sent home.
(c) He is whipped.
(d) He is teased.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Twain once give a man in jail?
2. How did Olivia help Twain in his writing career?
3. What did Twain see some Irish boys doing one night after he left Nevada?
4. What character is Twain supposed to be in his sister's play?
5. What happened to Olivia when she was 16?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)