|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much was Twain paid for his weekly letters while sailing around the world?
(a) $20 per sentence.
(b) $20 per word.
(c) $20 per paragraph.
(d) $20 per letter.
2. What character is Twain supposed to be in his sister's play?
(a) A bear.
(b) An Indian.
(c) A cougar.
(d) A cowboy.
3. What does Twain say his mother thought of the trouble he caused as a boy?
(a) She liked it.
(b) She expected it.
(c) She hated it.
(d) She was confused by it.
4. How did Harte survive financially at the end of his life?
(a) His father left an inheritance.
(b) He borrowed money.
(c) He married a rich widow.
(d) He stole money from friends.
5. Where did Twain go after leaving Nevada?
(c) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story did Twain use his letters to write when he came home from sailing around the world?
2. How did Olivia help Twain in his writing career?
3. What did Twain want to have happen to the editor who told him to resign?
4. How does Twain describe his wife?
5. What was Harte's occupation?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)