|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 51-52.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Twain's father takes what position at a court house in 1847?
2. Why was the publishing company nervous about releasing "The Innocents Abroad?"
(a) It was fictional.
(b) It was humorous.
(c) There was no romance.
(d) It was non-fiction.
3. What did Orion buy when he moved back to Hannibal?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A saloon.
(d) A grocery store.
4. Where was Twain when the company started to fail?
5. Which of Twain's books did Webster stall on publishing?
(a) "A Connecticut Yankee In King Arthur's Court."
(b) "The Prince and the Pauper."
(c) "The Reign of King George."
(d) "The Hopping Frog."
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did Twain live on while writing "The Innocents Abroad"?
2. Who owned Twain's copyrights after the business failure?
3. How much was Twain paid as Orion's apprentice?
4. What did Twain's father die of?
5. What does Twain say Rogers did for him during his business failure?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)