|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 51-52.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book did Webb publish for Twain?
(a) "Tom Sawyer."
(b) "The Prince and the Pauper."
(c) "Sketches of a River Boy."
(d) "The Jumping Frog."
2. In what court did Twain's father take a position in 1847?
(a) Appeals Court.
(b) Surrogate Court.
(c) Supreme Court.
(d) Appellate Court.
3. What does Twain say Rogers did for him during his business failure?
(a) Comforted him.
(b) Taught him.
(c) Rescued him.
(d) Forgave him.
4. What illness did Webster suffer from?
5. What is the name of the first publisher to turn Twain's first book down?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owned Twain's copyrights after the business failure?
2. Why was the publishing company nervous about releasing "The Innocents Abroad?"
3. How much money did Twain live on while writing "The Innocents Abroad"?
4. What did Orion buy when he moved back to Hannibal?
5. Twain's father takes what position at a court house in 1847?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)