|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 51-52.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Twain's books did Webster stall on publishing?
(a) "A Connecticut Yankee In King Arthur's Court."
(b) "The Prince and the Pauper."
(c) "The Reign of King George."
(d) "The Hopping Frog."
2. How much money did Twain live on while writing "The Innocents Abroad"?
(a) $12 a week.
(b) $48 a week.
(c) $36 a week.
(d) $24 a week.
3. What did Orion buy when he moved back to Hannibal?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A saloon.
4. How much time passed before Twain saw the man who first refused to publish Twain's first book?.
(a) 21 years.
(b) 23 years.
(c) 19 years.
(d) 25 years.
5. Why was the publishing company nervous about releasing "The Innocents Abroad?"
(a) There was no romance.
(b) It was non-fiction.
(c) It was fictional.
(d) It was humorous.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Twain when the company started to fail?
2. Who owned Twain's copyrights after the business failure?
3. What does Twain say Rogers did for him during his business failure?
4. Who ended up paying all the business debts when the company failed?
5. What did Twain's father die of?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)