|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 51-52.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the first publisher to turn Twain's first book down?
2. How much money did Twain live on while writing "The Innocents Abroad"?
(a) $48 a week.
(b) $12 a week.
(c) $24 a week.
(d) $36 a week.
3. What book did Webb publish for Twain?
(a) "Tom Sawyer."
(b) "The Jumping Frog."
(c) "Sketches of a River Boy."
(d) "The Prince and the Pauper."
4. How much was Twain paid as Orion's apprentice?
(a) $3.50 a month.
(b) $35 a month.
(c) $3.50 a week.
(d) $350 a year.
5. Who ended up paying all the business debts when the company failed?
(c) The Bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggested that Twain should write a book?
2. In what court did Twain's father take a position in 1847?
3. What did Orion buy when he moved back to Hannibal?
4. What does Twain say Rogers did for him during his business failure?
5. Who owned Twain's copyrights after the business failure?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)