|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 51-52.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Twain's father die of?
(d) Pneumonic plague.
2. Which of Twain's books did Webster stall on publishing?
(a) "A Connecticut Yankee In King Arthur's Court."
(b) "The Hopping Frog."
(c) "The Reign of King George."
(d) "The Prince and the Pauper."
3. What book did Webb publish for Twain?
(a) "Tom Sawyer."
(b) "The Prince and the Pauper."
(c) "Sketches of a River Boy."
(d) "The Jumping Frog."
4. Who owned Twain's copyrights after the business failure?
5. What did Orion buy when he moved back to Hannibal?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A saloon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the publishing company nervous about releasing "The Innocents Abroad?"
2. Who suggested that Twain should write a book?
3. How much was Twain paid as Orion's apprentice?
4. What illness did Webster suffer from?
5. Twain's father takes what position at a court house in 1847?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)