|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 51-52.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money did Twain live on while writing "The Innocents Abroad"?
(a) $36 a week.
(b) $24 a week.
(c) $48 a week.
(d) $12 a week.
2. What book did Webb publish for Twain?
(a) "The Jumping Frog."
(b) "Sketches of a River Boy."
(c) "Tom Sawyer."
(d) "The Prince and the Pauper."
3. Who owned Twain's copyrights after the business failure?
4. Twain's father takes what position at a court house in 1847?
5. What illness did Webster suffer from?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much was Twain paid as Orion's apprentice?
2. Who suggested that Twain should write a book?
3. Who ended up paying all the business debts when the company failed?
4. How much time passed before Twain saw the man who first refused to publish Twain's first book?.
5. Why was the publishing company nervous about releasing "The Innocents Abroad?"
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)