|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 51-52.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Twain's father die of?
(b) Pneumonic plague.
2. Who suggested that Twain should write a book?
(a) Charles Webb.
(b) Robert Wendall.
(c) Ross Weber.
(d) Frank Wall.
3. Why was the publishing company nervous about releasing "The Innocents Abroad?"
(a) It was fictional.
(b) There was no romance.
(c) It was non-fiction.
(d) It was humorous.
4. Twain's father takes what position at a court house in 1847?
5. How much money did Twain live on while writing "The Innocents Abroad"?
(a) $24 a week.
(b) $12 a week.
(c) $48 a week.
(d) $36 a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owned Twain's copyrights after the business failure?
2. What did Orion buy when he moved back to Hannibal?
3. How much was Twain paid as Orion's apprentice?
4. In what court did Twain's father take a position in 1847?
5. What does Twain say Rogers did for him during his business failure?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)