|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 51-52.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time passed before Twain saw the man who first refused to publish Twain's first book?.
(a) 21 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 23 years.
(d) 19 years.
2. Where was Twain when the company started to fail?
3. Who owned Twain's copyrights after the business failure?
4. Why was the publishing company nervous about releasing "The Innocents Abroad?"
(a) It was non-fiction.
(b) There was no romance.
(c) It was fictional.
(d) It was humorous.
5. What did Orion buy when he moved back to Hannibal?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A saloon.
(c) A grocery store.
(d) A newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Twain's father die of?
2. How much was Twain paid as Orion's apprentice?
3. Which of Twain's books did Webster stall on publishing?
4. Who suggested that Twain should write a book?
5. What is the name of the first publisher to turn Twain's first book down?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)