|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 51-52.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time passed before Twain saw the man who first refused to publish Twain's first book?.
(a) 21 years.
(b) 19 years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 23 years.
2. Which of Twain's books did Webster stall on publishing?
(a) "The Hopping Frog."
(b) "A Connecticut Yankee In King Arthur's Court."
(c) "The Prince and the Pauper."
(d) "The Reign of King George."
3. How much was Twain paid as Orion's apprentice?
(a) $350 a year.
(b) $35 a month.
(c) $3.50 a month.
(d) $3.50 a week.
4. What illness did Webster suffer from?
5. Why was the publishing company nervous about releasing "The Innocents Abroad?"
(a) There was no romance.
(b) It was non-fiction.
(c) It was fictional.
(d) It was humorous.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what court did Twain's father take a position in 1847?
2. What did Orion buy when he moved back to Hannibal?
3. Who ended up paying all the business debts when the company failed?
4. Who suggested that Twain should write a book?
5. Twain's father takes what position at a court house in 1847?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)