|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 51-52.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book did Webb publish for Twain?
(a) "The Jumping Frog."
(b) "Tom Sawyer."
(c) "The Prince and the Pauper."
(d) "Sketches of a River Boy."
2. What does Twain say Rogers did for him during his business failure?
(a) Forgave him.
(b) Taught him.
(c) Comforted him.
(d) Rescued him.
3. Where was Twain when the company started to fail?
4. What did Orion buy when he moved back to Hannibal?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A saloon.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A grocery store.
5. How much was Twain paid as Orion's apprentice?
(a) $350 a year.
(b) $35 a month.
(c) $3.50 a week.
(d) $3.50 a month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness did Webster suffer from?
2. Twain's father takes what position at a court house in 1847?
3. Who ended up paying all the business debts when the company failed?
4. How much money did Twain live on while writing "The Innocents Abroad"?
5. What is the name of the first publisher to turn Twain's first book down?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)