|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 51-52.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the publishing company nervous about releasing "The Innocents Abroad?"
(a) It was humorous.
(b) It was non-fiction.
(c) It was fictional.
(d) There was no romance.
2. In what court did Twain's father take a position in 1847?
(a) Appellate Court.
(b) Surrogate Court.
(c) Supreme Court.
(d) Appeals Court.
3. Who ended up paying all the business debts when the company failed?
(d) The Bank.
4. How much money did Twain live on while writing "The Innocents Abroad"?
(a) $36 a week.
(b) $24 a week.
(c) $12 a week.
(d) $48 a week.
5. How much time passed before Twain saw the man who first refused to publish Twain's first book?.
(a) 23 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 19 years.
(d) 21 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Twain's father takes what position at a court house in 1847?
2. What illness did Webster suffer from?
3. What is the name of the first publisher to turn Twain's first book down?
4. How much money did Twain find on the road before his trip to Cincinnati?
5. Where was Twain when the company started to fail?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)