|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 51-52.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book did Webb publish for Twain?
(a) "Tom Sawyer."
(b) "The Jumping Frog."
(c) "The Prince and the Pauper."
(d) "Sketches of a River Boy."
2. In what court did Twain's father take a position in 1847?
(a) Appeals Court.
(b) Supreme Court.
(c) Appellate Court.
(d) Surrogate Court.
3. How much was Twain paid as Orion's apprentice?
(a) $350 a year.
(b) $35 a month.
(c) $3.50 a week.
(d) $3.50 a month.
4. Why was the publishing company nervous about releasing "The Innocents Abroad?"
(a) It was humorous.
(b) It was fictional.
(c) There was no romance.
(d) It was non-fiction.
5. What is the name of the first publisher to turn Twain's first book down?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owned Twain's copyrights after the business failure?
2. Twain's father takes what position at a court house in 1847?
3. What illness did Webster suffer from?
4. Which of Twain's books did Webster stall on publishing?
5. What did Twain's father die of?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)