|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 51-52.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ended up paying all the business debts when the company failed?
(a) The Bank.
2. How much was Twain paid as Orion's apprentice?
(a) $350 a year.
(b) $35 a month.
(c) $3.50 a month.
(d) $3.50 a week.
3. How much money did Twain find on the road before his trip to Cincinnati?
4. What did Orion buy when he moved back to Hannibal?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A saloon.
(d) A grocery store.
5. Why was the publishing company nervous about releasing "The Innocents Abroad?"
(a) It was humorous.
(b) It was non-fiction.
(c) It was fictional.
(d) There was no romance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Twain when the company started to fail?
2. What did Twain's father die of?
3. In what court did Twain's father take a position in 1847?
4. How much money did Twain live on while writing "The Innocents Abroad"?
5. Who suggested that Twain should write a book?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)