One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 51-52.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time passed before Twain saw the man who first refused to publish Twain's first book?.
(a) 23 years.
(b) 19 years.
(c) 21 years.
(d) 25 years.
2. What illness did Webster suffer from?
3. What is the name of the first publisher to turn Twain's first book down?
4. In what court did Twain's father take a position in 1847?
(a) Surrogate Court.
(b) Supreme Court.
(c) Appeals Court.
(d) Appellate Court.
5. How much money did Twain live on while writing "The Innocents Abroad"?
(a) $48 a week.
(b) $24 a week.
(c) $12 a week.
(d) $36 a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much was Twain paid as Orion's apprentice?
2. Where was Twain when the company started to fail?
3. Who ended up paying all the business debts when the company failed?
4. Who suggested that Twain should write a book?
5. Which of Twain's books did Webster stall on publishing?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)