|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 5, what categories did Twain put the people on the island into?
(a) Only ship captains, whalers, or part of the government.
(b) Ship captains, missionaries, whalers, or part of the government.
(c) Only whalers or missionaries.
(d) Only ship captains or whalers.
2. Which of the armed services did the officers aboard the steamer serve in during the war?
(a) Air Force.
3. How long was Twain's trip to the island of Hawaii that he references in chapter 14?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) One week.
4. How did Honolulu consider the recruitment of its citizens as sailors?
(a) It tried to make it illegal.
(b) It encouraged it.
(c) It frowned upon it.
(d) It only encouraged it for certain people.
5. How long was Twain on the island of Hawaii when he wrote the letter in chapter 3?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Twain characterize his horse in chapter 8?
2. Where was the group inadvertently trapped by the tour guide in chapter 7?
3. In the story that Twain recounted for chapter 16, who bested Mr. Harris during an event in the legislature?
4. Which Hawaiian islands were sighted first by Twain in chapter 4?
5. Which one of the following is not included in Twain's list of a steamer's benefits in chapter 2?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)