|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which type of columns once supported the veranda of Brennan's palace?
2. Following the start of the fire aboard the Hornet, how long did it take for the flames to burn the masts in two and cause them to fall overboard?
(a) Thirty minutes.
(b) An hour.
(c) Fifteen minutes.
(d) Two hours.
3. How long was Twain's trip to the island of Hawaii that he references in chapter 14?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) Three weeks.
4. What did the crew of the Hornet use for a water supply for the first two weeks they were at sea?
(a) Fresh water from their containers.
(b) They had no water supply.
(d) The ocean.
5. What ailment did Twain suffer as he went below below deck in chapter 1?
(a) A concussion.
(b) A rash.
(c) A migraine headache.
(d) The flu.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Twain react to the American song selections of the Hawaiians?
2. What did Twain think the bones were from at the burial site in chapter 7?
3. How long did it take the steamer to reach Hawaii?
4. Which negative aspects of Hawaii did Mr. Brown think that Twain should have mentioned in chapter 4?
5. When did the survivors of the Hornet finally reach Hawaii?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)