|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the group inadvertently trapped by the tour guide in chapter 7?
(a) Between precipices.
(b) In a cave.
(c) On a mountain.
(d) On the water.
2. As Twain explained in chapter 8, why did white people remain indoors before the laws were formed in the Saturday market?
(a) They were afraid of being robbed.
(b) They were afraid of being trampled.
(c) They did not know the language of the natives.
(d) They were unfamiliar with the customs of the market.
3. What animals were included in the livestock that passengers teased in chapter 2?
(a) A bull, chicken, and a pig.
(b) An ox, sheep, and a pig.
(c) A bull, sheep, and a pig.
(d) An ox, chicken, and a pig.
4. Who did Twain give credit for taming the market?
(a) The government, but not the church.
(b) The church and government.
(c) The church, but not the government.
(d) Neither the church nor the government.
5. Which months of 1866 were Twain's Letters from Hawaii written in?
(a) Between June and December.
(b) Between February and September.
(c) Between April and November.
(d) Between March and October.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Twain recalls in chapter 1, who boarded the ship in a drunken state?
2. What confession by Twain begins the letter in chapter 3?
3. Out of the several hundred greeters Twain described, how many were "half-naked"?
4. In chapter 5, what categories did Twain put the people on the island into?
5. What was the name of the steamer that Twain took to Hawaii?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)