|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Twain's letter in chapter 2, how many months out of the year is the Pacific peaceful?
2. What did Twain write about the Hawaiian horse traders in chapter 6?
(a) They were dishonest and sold poor horses.
(b) They were dishonest, but sold good horses.
(c) They sold poor horses, but were reasonable.
(d) They sold good horses and were reasonable.
3. What differences in Honolulu and San Francisco did Twain observe in chapter 4?
(a) Unpredictable weather and culture.
(b) Fragrant plants and culture.
(c) Fragrant plants, culture, and unpredictable weather.
(d) Fragrant plants and unpredictable weather.
4. Which months of 1866 were Twain's Letters from Hawaii written in?
(a) Between February and September.
(b) Between April and November.
(c) Between March and October.
(d) Between June and December.
5. What did Twain's horse do once it realized that the group was heading for home in chapter 7?
(a) It moved slower than normal.
(b) It bolted ahead of the others.
(c) It began moving in the opposite direction.
(d) It stopped.
Short Answer Questions
1. What publication did Twain write his Letters from Hawaii for?
2. Which negative aspects of Hawaii did Mr. Brown think that Twain should have mentioned in chapter 4?
3. What ailment did Twain suffer as he went below below deck in chapter 1?
4. As Twain recalls in chapter 1, who boarded the ship in a drunken state?
5. Which of the armed services did the officers aboard the steamer serve in during the war?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)