|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which description did Twain use for the islands that the men at the Saturday market were from?
(a) The cloudy isles.
(b) The windy isles.
(c) The rainy isles.
(d) The sunny isles.
2. Who did Twain blame for the bones being left uncovered in the burial ground in chapter 7?
(a) The church, but not the government.
(b) Neither the government nor the church.
(c) The church and government.
(d) The government, but not the church.
3. How did Twain characterize his horse in chapter 8?
(a) Slighlty better.
(b) Slightly worse.
(c) Much worse.
(d) Much better.
4. Which animal was Honolulu overrun with in all different shapes and sizes?
5. Why did Twain not enjoy the taste of poi?
(a) It had too much flavor.
(b) It was too sweet.
(c) It did not have enough flavor.
(d) It was too sour.
Short Answer Questions
1. What differences in Honolulu and San Francisco did Twain observe in chapter 4?
2. How did Twain compare the government prison he visited to its American counterparts?
3. Which negative aspects of Hawaii did Mr. Brown think that Twain should have mentioned in chapter 4?
4. Why was Twain disgusted by the idea of sharing a meal with anyone in Hawaii?
5. Where was the group inadvertently trapped by the tour guide in chapter 7?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)