|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Twain write about the Hawaiian horse traders in chapter 6?
(a) They were dishonest and sold poor horses.
(b) They sold good horses and were reasonable.
(c) They were dishonest, but sold good horses.
(d) They sold poor horses, but were reasonable.
2. Which of the armed services did the officers aboard the steamer serve in during the war?
(c) Air Force.
3. What differences in Honolulu and San Francisco did Twain observe in chapter 4?
(a) Fragrant plants, culture, and unpredictable weather.
(b) Fragrant plants and culture.
(c) Unpredictable weather and culture.
(d) Fragrant plants and unpredictable weather.
4. Who did Twain give credit for taming the market?
(a) Neither the church nor the government.
(b) The church and government.
(c) The government, but not the church.
(d) The church, but not the government.
5. What card game did Twain play with the sailors in chapter 2?
(c) Gin rummy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the group inadvertently trapped by the tour guide in chapter 7?
2. As Twain recalls in chapter 1, who boarded the ship in a drunken state?
3. How did Twain characterize his horse in chapter 8?
4. Which negative aspects of Hawaii did Mr. Brown think that Twain should have mentioned in chapter 4?
5. What subject did Twain choose to write about instead of Pacific whaling traffic in chapter 9?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)