|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Twain describe Captain Mitchell in chapter 15?
(a) Selfless and steadfast.
(b) Patient and steadfast.
(c) Selfless, patient, and steadfast.
(d) Selfless and patient.
2. Where did Twain ride in a buggy to after staying too long at the government prison in chapter 6?
(a) Kanaha Pond.
(b) Mauna Kea.
(c) Diamond Head.
(d) Iao Valley.
3. As Twain reports in chapter 15, how long was the crew of the burned clipper ship, the Hornet, adrift at sea?
(a) Thirty five days.
(b) Forty three days.
(c) Twenty three days.
(d) Fifty five days.
4. How did Twain respond to Mr. Brown's criticism of his omission of Hawaii's negative aspects?
(a) He expressed his plans to discuss them in fuiture letters.
(b) He wrote about Mr. Brown's pessimism.
(c) He dismissed them as trifles not worh mentioning.
(d) He claimed that he never observed the negative aspects of Hawaii.
5. What type of clothing did the women wear at the Saturday market in chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition was Twain in after his trip to Hawaii, while writing his letter in chapter 14?
2. What position did Twain's principal interview subject, John S. Thomas, have aboard the Hornet?
3. What caused an attractive young woman to think that Twain was drunk in chapter 7?
4. Where was Twain observing the lovely scenery at the beginning of chapter 11?
5. What did Twain write about the Hawaiian horse traders in chapter 6?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)