|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Captain Mitchell attempt to raise his crew's spirits during the ordeal of being lost at sea?
(a) With music.
(b) With humor.
(c) By playing games.
(d) By telling stories.
2. How long did Twain say it would be before he was able to write again at the end of his letter in chapter 12?
(a) Five or six days.
(b) Two or three days.
(c) Five or six weeks.
(d) Two or three weeks.
3. How did Twain compare the government prison he visited to its American counterparts?
(a) It was bigger.
(b) It was smaller.
(c) It was cleaner.
(d) It was not as clean.
4. How did Twain react to the American song selections of the Hawaiians?
(a) He was confused.
(b) He was amused.
(c) He was impressed.
(d) He was annoyed.
5. When did Twain arrive at Hawaii?
(a) Saturday morning.
(b) Saturday evening.
(c) Sunday evening.
(d) Sunday morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Twain's opinion, what would have happened to Honolulu without whaling?
2. As Twain explained in chapter 8, why did white people remain indoors before the laws were formed in the Saturday market?
3. Which of Jarves's book did Twain quote to prove Mr. Staley wrong in chapter 14?
4. How did Twain describe the past days of whaling?
5. What does Twain warn about the wash woman's use of rocks?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)