|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the following words was used by Twain to describe Minister Harris?
2. When was the Hornet last seen by the Prussian bark?
(a) April 12.
(b) January 21.
(c) February 17.
(d) March 15.
3. How did Twain consider the king's income to be for the lifestyle he indulged in?
(a) Much less than adequate.
(c) Slightly less than adequate.
(d) More than adequate.
4. Where was the group inadvertently trapped by the tour guide in chapter 7?
(a) On a mountain.
(b) On the water.
(c) Between precipices.
(d) In a cave.
5. What did Twain wonder about the ministers of the Hawaiian legislature in chapter 13?
(a) Why they seemed to deliver misinformtaion.
(b) Why they never presented themselves in a clear manner.
(c) Why they were not expected to follow the same laws as the citizens.
(d) Why they never accused each other of corruption.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which description did Twain use for the islands that the men at the Saturday market were from?
2. How did Honolulu consider the recruitment of its citizens as sailors?
3. How long had Twain gone unshaven when he visited a barber in chapter 4?
4. What did the crew of the burned Hornet eat once the rations of food ran out?
5. What type of clothing did the women wear at the Saturday market in chapter 8?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)