|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Jarves's book did Twain quote to prove Mr. Staley wrong in chapter 14?
(a) The Art-Idea: Part Second of Confessions of an Inquirer.
(b) History of the Sandwich Islands.
(c) Art-Hints, Architecture, Sculpture, and Painting.
(d) Scenes and Scenery in the Sandwich Islands.
2. What animal's constant noise was annoying to Twain on his way to Hawaii in chapter 18?
(a) A rooster.
(b) A dog.
(c) A parrot.
(d) A chicken.
3. What words did Twain use to describe Prince William in chapter 14?
(a) Unassuming and a heavy drinker.
(b) Sensible and a light drinker.
(c) Unassuming and a light drinker.
(d) Sensible, but a heavy drinker.
4. Which one of the following did Twain read in an attempt to help a sickened Mr. Brown in chapter 18?
(b) A letter.
(c) A short story.
(d) A novel.
5. Where was the group inadvertently trapped by the tour guide in chapter 7?
(a) Between precipices.
(b) On a mountain.
(c) On the water.
(d) In a cave.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Twain consider the king's income to be for the lifestyle he indulged in?
2. Who did Twain give credit for taming the market?
3. What type of clothing did the women wear at the Saturday market in chapter 8?
4. As an example of the lack of the Hawaiian legislative etiquette, what activities did Twain observe being done in the hallways?
5. How did the captain of the schooner respond to Twain's constant complaints during the voyage in chapter 18?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)