|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of Americans did Twain notice coming and going from Hawaii while writing his letter in chapter 14?
(a) High profile.
(b) Low profile.
(c) High and low profile.
(d) Neither high nor low profile.
2. How did Twain react to the American song selections of the Hawaiians?
(a) He was impressed.
(b) He was amused.
(c) He was annoyed.
(d) He was confused.
3. What caused an attractive young woman to think that Twain was drunk in chapter 7?
(a) His jokes.
(b) His horse riding.
(c) His walk.
(d) His speech.
4. How did Twain react to Kailua?
(a) He was impressed with it.
(b) He was not impressed with it.
(c) He was amused by it.
(d) He was confused by it.
5. As an example of the lack of the Hawaiian legislative etiquette, what activities did Twain observe being done in the hallways?
(a) Eating, lounging, and yelling.
(b) Sleeping, lounging, and yelling.
(c) Eating sleeping, and lounging.
(d) Eating, sleeping, and yelling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the following was not included in Twain's description of Queen Victoria in chapter 14?
2. According to Twain's observation, what was Minister Harris's platform built on?
3. What did Twain say the king of Hawaii stopped doing in order to embrace the responsibility of leadership?
4. What words did Twain use to describe Prince William in chapter 14?
5. How many sailors did Twain write were rescued after being at sea in chapter 14?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)