|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Noel travel to in Chapter 31?
2. Why does Flamm offer Marjorie the role?
3. What book does Noel read after his epiphany?
4. What does Noel's epiphany at the Seder lead him to do?
5. What is the name of the play Marjorie is involved with in Chapter 39?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sends Marjorie into a tailspin of worry in Chapter 28?
2. What is Guy Flamm's real reason for offering Marjorie a part in his play?
3. Who does Marjorie see Noel with on board the Mauritania?
4. What role does Guy Flamm offer Marjorie in his play? What does Marjorie think of Flamm's play?
5. What does Mike Eden tell Marjorie when he takes her out onto the lake in Chapter 44?
6. After working at the advertising agency for a year, what does Noel decide to do with his savings?
7. Upon graduating from college, what has Marjorie gained acclaim for, and what prospects does she have?
8. Why does Sam Rothmore contact Marjorie in Chapter 28? How does he describe Noel to her at lunch?
9. Who does Marjorie find at Noel's apartment in Chapter 28? Why does she become upset?
10. How does Noel criticize the Broadway play Marjorie has found a part in in Chapter 38? What does Noel believe Marjorie's destiny is?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of family in the novel "Marjorie Morningstar." Is family important to Marjorie? How does her family influence her decision-making and her relationship with Noel? How does Noel's family influence him?
Essay Topic 2
What happens at the end of the novel "Marjorie Morningstar"? Is everything resolved? Are there any surprises at the end of the novel? What happens to the principle characters? What does the reader learn about Marjorie's life?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and interpret the secondary characters of the novel. What are their defining character traits? What are their roles in the story? Describe their relationships with the protagonist, Marjorie.
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)