|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marjorie notice about Noel's behavior at her graduation?
2. Who writes a letter of introduction for Marjorie in Chapter 22?
3. What does Marjorie think of the play given to her by Guy in Chapter 22?
4. Who does Marjorie date after breaking it off with Noel in Chapter 31?
5. Where is the office where Noel will be working in Part 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Upon graduating from college, what has Marjorie gained acclaim for, and what prospects does she have?
2. Why does Marjorie go on a whirlwind of dating in Chapter 33?
3. What do the Morgensterns invite the Ehrmanns to attend in Chapter 27?
4. Who does Marjorie see Noel with on board the Mauritania?
5. What does Mike Eden tell Marjorie when he takes her out onto the lake in Chapter 44?
6. After working at the advertising agency for a year, what does Noel decide to do with his savings?
7. Why does Marjorie quit her position at the top summer stock theatre?
8. What epiphany does Noel claim to have had after he left the Seder?
9. Who does Marsha marry in Chapter 34? What causes her anxiety about her marriage?
10. Who does Marjorie find at Noel's apartment in Chapter 28? Why does she become upset?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the genre of the novel "Marjorie Morningstar"? What are the elements associated with this genre? What are some other novels of this genre? What do these novels have in common with "Marjorie Morningstar"?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the religious motif in the novel "Marjorie Morningstar". What is Marjorie's religion? Is she a religious person? How does her religious background influence her life?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Marjorie's acting career. What are some of the roles she has? What are some of the productions she is involved in? Is she a successful actress? What struggles does she face relating to her acting career?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)