|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marjorie's apartment building overlook?
2. What are Marjorie's parents always on the look out for?
3. What is Marjorie's ethnicity?
4. What is the name of the resort Marjorie visits in Chapter 4?
5. What is Wally's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does George work and why?
2. What does Marjorie learn about Noel Airman when she sees him at Wally's show at the Waldorf?
3. Describe Marsha's parents.
4. Before having an epiphany, what had Marjorie planned to do as a career?
5. What faults does Marjorie see in Sandy in Chapter 5?
6. What does Marsha tell Marjorie about the counselors at Camp Tamarack?
7. What is Marjorie struggling with at the end of Chapter 3?
8. How does Marjorie go up in the esteem of her classmates in Chapter 5?
9. How does Marjorie's performance in The Mikado go over?
10. In Chapter 2, who are Marjorie's parents said to always be on the lookout for? What do they think of Sandy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the genre of the novel "Marjorie Morningstar"? What are the elements associated with this genre? What are some other novels of this genre? What do these novels have in common with "Marjorie Morningstar"?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and interpret the relationship between Marjorie and Noel. What do they feel about one another? How do they treat one another? What issues arise in their relationship? Are they able to resolve them?
Essay Topic 3
What is an epiphany? When does Marjorie have an epiphany and how does it change her life? What does Noel realize when he has an epiphany following the Seder? Does it change his life?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)