|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marjorie's mother arrange for Marjorie to visit the resort?
2. Which of Marjorie's attributes are most popular with men?
3. What is Uncle Samson's job at South Wind?
4. What stops Marjorie from losing her virginity in Part 3?
5. What is South Wind?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marsha request from Marjorie when they meet one afternoon in Chapter 13?
2. How does Marjorie's performance in The Mikado go over?
3. In Chapter 2, who are Marjorie's parents said to always be on the lookout for? What do they think of Sandy?
4. Where does George work and why?
5. What does Marjorie believe the South Wind staff would be shocked to learn about her relationship with Noel?
6. What does Mr. Klabber offer Marjorie after her success in The Mikado?
7. Where and why does Marjorie decide to change her career plans in Chapter 1? What is her new chosen career?
8. Where does Marjorie's mother arrange to stay in Chapter 4? Why?
9. What is Marjorie struggling with at the end of Chapter 3?
10. Describe Marsha's parents.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is an epiphany? When does Marjorie have an epiphany and how does it change her life? What does Noel realize when he has an epiphany following the Seder? Does it change his life?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author of the novel "Marjorie Morningstar," Herman Wouk. What others works did he write? What similarities or connections can be found between this novel and Wouk's other work? How is he regarded in the literary world?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of ambition in the novel "Marjorie Morningstar." Is Marjorie an ambitious person? What are her goals and dreams? Does she succeed?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)