|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Maxwell Greech?
2. What additional task at South Wind does Noel offer Marjorie during a dinner date?
3. What is Marjorie's real surname?
4. Where did Marjorie and her family used to live before the start of the novel?
5. How much salary will Marjorie receive for the job offered to her by Mr. Klabber?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marjorie believe the South Wind staff would be shocked to learn about her relationship with Noel?
2. What does Marjorie learn about Noel Airman when she sees him at Wally's show at the Waldorf?
3. What does Marsha tell Marjorie about the counselors at Camp Tamarack?
4. What is one reason Marjorie refuses George's marriage proposal?
5. How does Noel describe West Side girls?
6. What does Wally Wronken want to do at South Wind?
7. Where does George work and why?
8. Why does George decline Marjorie's invitation to her brother's Bar Mitzvah?
9. What does Marsha tell Marjorie about her acting ability in Chapter 6?
10. What makes Marjorie dread her brother's Bar Mitzvah?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the genre of the novel "Marjorie Morningstar"? What are the elements associated with this genre? What are some other novels of this genre? What do these novels have in common with "Marjorie Morningstar"?
Essay Topic 2
What happens at the end of the novel "Marjorie Morningstar"? Is everything resolved? Are there any surprises at the end of the novel? What happens to the principle characters? What does the reader learn about Marjorie's life?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and interpret the character Noel. What are his defining character traits? What is his connection to Marjorie? How does Noel influence Marjorie's life? Is he a good influence?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)