|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Noel believe Marjorie's destiny to be?
(a) To help the needy.
(b) To marry a respectable man and raise their children.
(c) To fail at everything she tries.
(d) To become a world-famous actress.
2. What role does Flamm offer Marjorie in Chapter 22?
(a) A small, but important, role.
(b) A lead in a melodrama.
(c) A role as an understudy.
(d) A secondary role in a comedy.
3. How does Marjorie feel before receiving a call from Noel in Chapter 22?
(a) Dejected and depressed.
(b) Tired and without hope.
(c) Excited and happy.
(d) Calm and at peace.
4. What does Marjorie admit to Marsha about Noel at her graduation?
(a) She is still in love with Noel and is considering getting back together with him.
(b) She has yet to be attracted to someone as she was with Noel at South Wind.
(c) Noel used to become enraged when he drank.
(d) Noel has been calling her house incessantly for the past month.
5. Who proposes to Marjorie in Chapter 40?
Short Answer Questions
1. What invitation is given to Noel by the Morgenstern's in Chapter 27?
2. Who is Imogene?
3. What is the second job that Marjorie takes on in Chapter 40?
4. What does Marjorie notice about Noel's behavior at her graduation?
5. What is the name of the one show which Noel has done since South Wind in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sends Marjorie into a tailspin of worry in Chapter 28?
2. What is Guy Flamm's real reason for offering Marjorie a part in his play?
3. Why does Marjorie think Noel has fled to Europe in Chapter 40?
4. What epiphany does Noel claim to have had after he left the Seder?
5. What does Mike Eden tell Marjorie when he takes her out onto the lake in Chapter 44?
6. What do the Morgensterns invite the Ehrmanns to attend in Chapter 27?
7. After working at the advertising agency for a year, what does Noel decide to do with his savings?
8. Who does Marjorie see Noel with on board the Mauritania?
9. Who does Noel blame for his failure after Princess Jones flopped?
10. Who does Marjorie find at Noel's apartment in Chapter 28? Why does she become upset?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)