|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marjorie telephone the director in Chapter 37?
(a) To inform him that she will be late for rehearsal.
(b) To ask for directions to the rehearsal venue.
(c) To quit the production.
(d) To recommend a new talent.
2. How is the state of Noel's workplace in Chapter 28?
(a) It is immaculate.
(b) It is neat but untouched.
(c) It is bare.
(d) It is in complete disarray.
3. How did Noel's show do, as noted in Chapter 38?
(a) It had a lukewarm reception.
(b) It did well but Noel grew bored of it and closed it down.
(c) It was a huge success.
(d) It was a complete failure and closed after five days.
4. Who does Marsha marry in Chapter 34?
(a) Larry Marvel.
(b) Lane Morris.
(c) Lou Michelson.
(d) Leonard Mendelsohn.
5. How does Marjorie feel before receiving a call from Noel in Chapter 22?
(a) Dejected and depressed.
(b) Calm and at peace.
(c) Excited and happy.
(d) Tired and without hope.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Flamm react to Marjorie's acting abilities?
2. Who does Marjorie see after leaving the hairdresser in Chapter 32?
3. How does Noel come to his most recent conclusion that religion is fantasy?
4. Who writes a letter of introduction for Marjorie in Chapter 22?
5. Who is Mike Eden?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has plagued Marjorie during her year-long affair with Noel?
2. Why does Marjorie think Noel has fled to Europe in Chapter 40?
3. Why does Noel leave Marjorie's house abruptly in Chapter 27?
4. Who does Noel blame for his failure after Princess Jones flopped?
5. Who does Marsha marry in Chapter 34? What causes her anxiety about her marriage?
6. What does Noel disagree with his boss Sam Rothmore about?
7. What do the Morgensterns invite the Ehrmanns to attend in Chapter 27?
8. After working at the advertising agency for a year, what does Noel decide to do with his savings?
9. In Chapter 30, what does Noel describe as the force that moves people in the world?
10. Where does Noel find a job in Chapter 23? What does he hope the job will allow him to do?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)