|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the party in Chapter 32 celebrating?
(a) A birthday.
(d) New Year's Day.
2. At what age does Marjorie lose her virginity?
3. Why does Flamm offer Marjorie the role?
(a) He is looking for some inexpensive novices.
(b) He thinks she is perfect for the role.
(c) He is looking for financial backers, like her father.
(d) He is in love with her.
4. How many years does Noel plan to study for?
5. Where does Noel invite Marjorie in Chapter 22?
(a) Empire State Building.
(b) In a music shop.
(c) Central Park.
(d) The Ritz-Carleton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marsha hope for Marjorie and Noel while leaving the event in Chapter 21?
2. What invitation is given to Noel by the Morgenstern's in Chapter 27?
3. Due to her successful production in Chapter 21, what does Marjorie have the possibility of doing?
4. According to Noel, who is he bunking with in Chapter 28?
5. What is the second job that Marjorie takes on in Chapter 40?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Guy Flamm's real reason for offering Marjorie a part in his play?
2. Who does Marsha marry in Chapter 34? What causes her anxiety about her marriage?
3. Why does Marjorie think Noel has fled to Europe in Chapter 40?
4. Upon graduating from college, what has Marjorie gained acclaim for, and what prospects does she have?
5. What does Noel disagree with his boss Sam Rothmore about?
6. Why does Sam Rothmore contact Marjorie in Chapter 28? How does he describe Noel to her at lunch?
7. What epiphany does Noel claim to have had after he left the Seder?
8. Where does Noel find a job in Chapter 23? What does he hope the job will allow him to do?
9. In Chapter 40, why does Marjorie believe Noel still loves her?
10. What sends Marjorie into a tailspin of worry in Chapter 28?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)