|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What season is it in Chapter 4?
2. Who is Mr. Klabber?
(a) Marjorie's father's business partner.
(b) The owner of Camp Tamarack.
(c) Marjorie's distant cousin.
(d) Marjorie's mother's lover.
3. What college does Marjorie go to in Chapter 12?
(a) Hunter College.
(b) Lincoln College.
(c) St. James College.
(d) Halston College.
4. How does Mrs. Morgenstern feel about Marjorie working at South Wind?
(a) She is appalled.
(b) She is proud.
(c) She is surprised.
(d) She feels worried.
5. What does George ask Marjorie to do which she refuses?
(a) He asks her to move on from him.
(b) He asks her to marry him.
(c) He asks her to travel with him to Europe.
(d) He asks her to move in with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Marjorie carried to a cab in Chapter 2?
2. What is Marjorie doing at Columbia University in Chapter 1?
3. How does George feel about Marjorie?
4. Who is Milton?
5. How are Marsha's parents described?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marsha request from Marjorie when they meet one afternoon in Chapter 13?
2. Why does George decline Marjorie's invitation to her brother's Bar Mitzvah?
3. What does Mr. Klabber offer Marjorie after her success in The Mikado?
4. How does Noel describe West Side girls?
5. Where and why does Marjorie decide to change her career plans in Chapter 1? What is her new chosen career?
6. Describe Marsha's parents.
7. What is one reason Marjorie refuses George's marriage proposal?
8. Where has Marjorie and her family recently moved to and from?
9. What does Marjorie believe the South Wind staff would be shocked to learn about her relationship with Noel?
10. What does Marjorie do in Chapter 12 to help her land roles in the productions at South Wind?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)