|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Marjorie's attributes are most popular with men?
(a) Her wealth.
(b) Her looks.
(c) Her nurturing nature.
(d) Her sense of humor.
2. What school does Sandy go to?
(a) Columbia University.
(b) Brown University.
(d) Harvard University.
3. What is South Wind?
(a) A fitness centre specializing in tennis and swimming.
(b) A weekly seminar on the topic of musical instruments.
(c) A place to host summer book clubs.
(d) An adult summer resort.
4. Why does Marjorie decide to accept her parents bribe?
(a) She does not want to disappoint her parents.
(b) She is finding South Wind to be rather boring anyways.
(c) She finds out that her co-workers dislike her and gossip about her.
(d) Their bribe is too tempting to pass up.
5. What is Noel's real first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Mr. Klabber offer Marjorie in Chapter 10?
2. What is Marsha's last name?
3. Where did Marjorie and her family used to live before the start of the novel?
4. Why does George decline Marjorie's invitation in Chapter 9?
5. What does Marjorie have a hard time telling George in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marsha request from Marjorie when they meet one afternoon in Chapter 13?
2. What does Marjorie do in Chapter 12 to help her land roles in the productions at South Wind?
3. Who does Marjorie's mother send to South Wind to keep an eye on her?
4. Where does George work and why?
5. What is Marjorie struggling with at the end of Chapter 3?
6. How does Marjorie go up in the esteem of her classmates in Chapter 5?
7. What does Marjorie learn about Noel Airman when she sees him at Wally's show at the Waldorf?
8. Where has Marjorie and her family recently moved to and from?
9. What happens when Marjorie is thrown from the horse she is riding in Chapter 2?
10. What does Marjorie believe the South Wind staff would be shocked to learn about her relationship with Noel?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)