|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Wally's job at South Wind?
(a) He is a stagehand.
(b) He is a typist.
(c) He is a researcher.
(d) He is a designer.
2. What does Sandy lack when compared to his classmates?
(b) Respect for the professors.
(c) An interest in current affairs.
3. What does George ask Marjorie to do which she refuses?
(a) He asks her to marry him.
(b) He asks her to move in with him.
(c) He asks her to move on from him.
(d) He asks her to travel with him to Europe.
4. How does Marjorie react to George declining the invitation?
(a) She does not react with any emotion.
(b) She is sad.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She is relieved.
5. What does Noel think of the West Side girls he has dated?
(a) He thinks they are the same as girls from other areas of New York.
(b) He always has a good time with them.
(c) He has a low opinion of them.
(d) He dislikes them because they are always clingy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Noel Airman's job at South Wind?
2. What is George's job?
3. Where is Uncle Samson's body taken?
4. What does Marjorie think of her brother's performance in Chapter 9?
5. Why does Marsha ask Marjorie for a letter of introduction to Sandy Goldstone?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Noel describe West Side girls?
2. Where and why does Marjorie decide to change her career plans in Chapter 1? What is her new chosen career?
3. Where does Marjorie's mother arrange to stay in Chapter 4? Why?
4. What does Wally Wronken want to do at South Wind?
5. Describe Marsha's parents.
6. What does Mr. Klabber offer Marjorie after her success in The Mikado?
7. Why does George decline Marjorie's invitation to her brother's Bar Mitzvah?
8. What does Marsha tell Marjorie about the counselors at Camp Tamarack?
9. What is Marjorie struggling with at the end of Chapter 3?
10. What does Marsha request from Marjorie when they meet one afternoon in Chapter 13?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)