|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marjorie think of her brother's performance in Chapter 9?
(a) She is impressed.
(b) She is proud.
(c) She is scared.
(d) She is embarassed.
2. Where is Marjorie taking acting classes in Chapter 4?
(d) NYU and Columbia.
3. Instead of marriage, what does Marjorie want to concentrate on?
(a) Her education.
(b) Her looks and health.
(c) Her career.
(d) Her financial situation.
4. What outdoor activity does Marjorie do in Chapter 2?
(a) Horseback riding.
(d) Bike riding.
5. Why is Uncle Samson working at South Wind?
(a) To make money to send his child to school.
(b) To relieve his boredom.
(c) To gain some experience before working for his brother.
(d) To monitor Marjorie's behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is George's job?
2. How are Marjorie's living quarters with her parents described in Chapter 12?
3. What is Marjorie going to school to become in Part 1?
4. What college does Marjorie go to in Chapter 12?
5. Where did Marjorie and her family used to live before the start of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 2, who are Marjorie's parents said to always be on the lookout for? What do they think of Sandy?
2. What does Marjorie do in Chapter 12 to help her land roles in the productions at South Wind?
3. Where does George work and why?
4. Who is Maxwell Greech?
5. What does Marsha tell Marjorie about her acting ability in Chapter 6?
6. What makes Marjorie dread her brother's Bar Mitzvah?
7. Where and why does Marjorie decide to change her career plans in Chapter 1? What is her new chosen career?
8. What faults does Marjorie see in Sandy in Chapter 5?
9. What does Marsha request from Marjorie when they meet one afternoon in Chapter 13?
10. Before having an epiphany, what had Marjorie planned to do as a career?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)