|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marjorie say about Noel to try to talk him up in Chapter 28?
(a) She talks about his passion for the arts.
(b) She praises his musical ability.
(c) She lists a number of shows he has written.
(d) She mentions his past successes on Broadway.
2. What role does Flamm offer Marjorie in Chapter 22?
(a) A small, but important, role.
(b) A role as an understudy.
(c) A secondary role in a comedy.
(d) A lead in a melodrama.
3. Who writes a letter of introduction for Marjorie in Chapter 22?
(a) Her piano teacher.
(b) Her drama instructor.
(c) Her writing tutor.
(d) Her singing coach.
4. How many weeks does it take Noel to become disenchanted with his job in Part 4?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) A month.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Five days.
5. How does Flamm react to Marjorie's acting abilities?
(a) He is underwhelmed.
(b) He is shocked.
(c) He is disappointed.
(d) He is impressed.
6. Who is Noel traveling with in Chapter 40?
(a) An old friend from college.
(b) His family.
(c) Two elderly couples on a sight-seeing tour.
(d) A woman named Mildred and another couple.
7. What is the name of the ship Marjorie takes in Chapter 40?
(a) The Queen Victoria.
(b) The Queen Eleanor.
(c) The Queen Margaret.
(d) The Queen Mary.
8. Who calls Marjorie looking for Noel in Chapter 28?
9. What does Imogene do to support herself in Chapter 28?
(a) She sings.
(b) She models.
(c) She acts.
(d) She dances.
10. How is Guy's office described in Chapter 22?
(a) As modern.
(b) As spacious.
(c) As rundown.
(d) As cozy.
11. Where does Marsha invite Marjorie in Chapter 33?
(a) To a tennis match.
(b) To lunch at the Plaza.
(c) To her home for dinner.
(d) Shopping uptown.
12. What does Marjorie notice about Noel's behavior at her graduation?
(a) He is extremely hyper active.
(b) He is nervous around her.
(c) He is more positive than he used to be.
(d) He is much more subdued.
13. Why does Marjorie telephone the director in Chapter 37?
(a) To quit the production.
(b) To recommend a new talent.
(c) To ask for directions to the rehearsal venue.
(d) To inform him that she will be late for rehearsal.
14. Where does Marjorie graduate from in Chapter 21?
(a) Hunter College.
(b) Lampton College.
(c) Victoria College.
(d) Blue River College.
15. Who is Guy Flamm?
(a) A casting director.
(b) A director.
(c) A writer.
(d) A producer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Marjorie's role in the play in Chapter 39?
2. Why does Flamm offer Marjorie the role?
3. What is Noel's term for a generic Jewish boy?
4. Why does Marjorie pin all her hopes on a reconciliation with Noel in Chapter 40?
5. What does Marjorie learn about Noel's health in Chapter 40?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)