|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Marsha marry in Chapter 34?
(a) Leonard Mendelsohn.
(b) Lane Morris.
(c) Lou Michelson.
(d) Larry Marvel.
2. According to Sam, what does Noel have a talent for?
(a) Manipulating people into doing what he wants them to.
(b) Casting the right person for a role.
(c) Identifying good scripts.
(d) Rewriting badly written papers.
3. What does Marjorie notice about Noel's behavior at her graduation?
(a) He is nervous around her.
(b) He is more positive than he used to be.
(c) He is extremely hyper active.
(d) He is much more subdued.
4. What does Marjorie think of the play given to her by Guy in Chapter 22?
(a) She is shocked by how horrible it is.
(b) She is impressed with the wit and humor in the play.
(c) She is confused by its literary references.
(d) She is surprised by how much she relates to the characters.
5. What is Noel's term for a generic Jewish boy?
(a) Dr. Shapiro.
(d) Rabbi Reuben.
6. What is the name of the ship Noel sets sail on in Chapter 37?
(a) The Sailing Beauty.
(b) The Mauritania.
(c) The Americana.
(d) The Queen Elizabeth.
7. Who is Imogene?
(a) An old friend of Noel.
(b) Noel's cousin.
(c) Marjorie's neighbor.
(d) Noel's co-worker.
8. Who does Marjorie see after leaving the hairdresser in Chapter 32?
(a) Dr. Shapiro.
9. What does Marjorie admit to Marsha about Noel at her graduation?
(a) Noel used to become enraged when he drank.
(b) She is still in love with Noel and is considering getting back together with him.
(c) Noel has been calling her house incessantly for the past month.
(d) She has yet to be attracted to someone as she was with Noel at South Wind.
10. How does Flamm react to Marjorie's acting abilities?
(a) He is underwhelmed.
(b) He is disappointed.
(c) He is shocked.
(d) He is impressed.
11. Who is Noel traveling with in Chapter 40?
(a) His family.
(b) A woman named Mildred and another couple.
(c) An old friend from college.
(d) Two elderly couples on a sight-seeing tour.
12. Who is Sam Rothmore?
(a) Noel's roomate.
(b) Noel's co-worker.
(c) Noel's boss.
(d) Noel's assistant.
13. What is Marjorie's role in the play in Chapter 39?
(a) She plays the lead heroine.
(b) She plays one of five whores.
(c) She plays a miller's daughter.
(d) She plays a flower girl.
14. How is Guy's office described in Chapter 22?
(a) As rundown.
(b) As spacious.
(c) As cozy.
(d) As modern.
15. What does Marjorie learn about Noel's health in Chapter 40?
(a) He contracted a type of fever in North Africa.
(b) He spent the last two weeks in bed with chicken pox.
(c) His years of smoking and alcohol abuse has caught up with him.
(d) He broke his leg while running after a taxi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ship Marjorie takes in Chapter 40?
2. Where is the office where Noel will be working in Part 4?
3. Who is Guy Flamm?
4. What does Noel blame Marjorie for in Chapter 38?
5. Who does Noel lose a radio script writing position to in Chapter 38?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)