|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Marjorie's living quarters with her parents described in Chapter 12?
(a) As comfy.
(b) As cramped.
(c) As minimalist.
(d) As luxurious.
2. How does Marjorie meet Sandy?
(a) They have been friends for years.
(b) He is a friend of her date.
(c) In school.
(d) He is her neighbor.
3. Where did Marjorie and her family used to live before the start of the novel?
(b) The Bronx.
4. Who is Maxwell Greech?
(a) The janitor at South Wind.
(b) An agent who hangs around South Wind.
(c) The head of human resources at South Wind.
(d) The manager of South Wind.
5. Where does Marjorie join a dramatic group in Chapter 12?
(a) The local Y.
(b) In the basement of a church in the Bronx.
(c) At the local elementary school on weekends.
(d) An ex-actor's studio space.
6. What ritual takes place in Chapters 8 and 9?
(b) Bar Mitzva.
(c) Laying a tefillin.
(d) Wedding service.
7. How does Marjorie secure a higher status among her classmates?
(a) She receives the top mark on an important exam.
(b) She becomes engaged to a notable alumnus.
(c) They learn that she has been dating Sandy Goldstone.
(d) She gets a national modeling gig.
8. What does Marjorie realize during her epiphany in Chapter 1?
(a) That she wants to become a nun.
(b) That she is destined for the stage.
(c) That she is too hard on her parents.
(d) That she wants to marry and have children.
9. How much salary will Marjorie receive for the job offered to her by Mr. Klabber?
10. How does Marsha describe Marjorie's acting skills?
(a) As stilted and stiff.
(b) As amateurish.
(c) As over-the-top.
(d) As natural.
11. What course does Marjorie add to her college coursework in Chapter 12?
(b) Creative writing.
(c) Childbirth and rearing.
(d) Expressive art.
12. What is Marjorie's real surname?
13. Who is the author of "Marjorie Morningstar"?
(a) Herman Wouk.
(b) Joseph Conrad.
(c) George Orwell.
(d) Joseph Heller.
14. What is Uncle Samson's job at South Wind?
(a) He is a groundskeeper.
(b) He is a dishwasher.
(c) He is a cleaner.
(d) He is a cook.
15. How is Uncle Samson-Aaron described?
(a) As a dashing but selfish bachelor.
(b) As a quiet and extremely private shut-in.
(c) As being an impeccable dresser.
(d) As being a buffoon and a ne-er do well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the apartment building where Marjorie lives in Part 1?
2. What is Noel's real first name?
3. What is the name of the resort Marjorie visits in Chapter 4?
4. Who does Marsha go off with at the end of Chapter 11?
5. What is Sandy's last name?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)