|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marsha describe Marjorie's acting skills?
(a) As over-the-top.
(b) As amateurish.
(c) As stilted and stiff.
(d) As natural.
2. What does George ask Marjorie to do which she refuses?
(a) He asks her to move in with him.
(b) He asks her to move on from him.
(c) He asks her to travel with him to Europe.
(d) He asks her to marry him.
3. What is Noel Airman's job at South Wind?
(a) He is the entertainment director.
(b) He is the personal trainer.
(c) He is a composer.
(d) He is the librarian
4. What course does Marjorie add to her college coursework in Chapter 12?
(a) Childbirth and rearing.
(c) Creative writing.
(d) Expressive art.
5. What does Sandy lack when compared to his classmates?
(c) Respect for the professors.
(d) An interest in current affairs.
6. Why does Marjorie decide to accept her parents bribe?
(a) She does not want to disappoint her parents.
(b) She is finding South Wind to be rather boring anyways.
(c) She finds out that her co-workers dislike her and gossip about her.
(d) Their bribe is too tempting to pass up.
7. How does Mrs. Morgenstern feel about Marjorie working at South Wind?
(a) She feels worried.
(b) She is appalled.
(c) She is proud.
(d) She is surprised.
8. What is South Wind?
(a) A fitness centre specializing in tennis and swimming.
(b) An adult summer resort.
(c) A weekly seminar on the topic of musical instruments.
(d) A place to host summer book clubs.
9. What is Wally's job at South Wind?
(a) He is a typist.
(b) He is a researcher.
(c) He is a designer.
(d) He is a stagehand.
10. What is Noel's real first name?
11. Where does George live?
(a) The Bronx.
(d) Long Island.
12. What school does Sandy go to?
(b) Brown University.
(c) Columbia University.
(d) Harvard University.
13. What kind of business does Marjorie's father run?
(a) An import business.
(b) A dry cleaning business.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A jewelry shop.
14. Who does Marsha go off with at the end of Chapter 11?
15. How are Marsha's parents described?
(a) As warm and welcoming.
(b) As cold and unloving.
(c) As rigid and strict.
(d) As eccentric and intellectual.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marjorie react to George declining the invitation?
2. What is the name of the apartment building where Marjorie lives in Part 1?
3. What ritual takes place in Chapters 8 and 9?
4. Who does the title of Chapter 2, "Prince Charming," refer to?
5. How does George feel about Marjorie?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)