|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Marjorie and her family used to live before the start of the novel?
(d) The Bronx.
2. How does Marsha describe Marjorie's acting skills?
(a) As natural.
(b) As amateurish.
(c) As over-the-top.
(d) As stilted and stiff.
3. Who does the title of Chapter 2, "Prince Charming," refer to?
(d) Marjorie's father.
4. What kind of business does Marjorie's father run?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A dry cleaning business.
(c) A jewelry shop.
(d) An import business.
5. What does Sandy lack when compared to his classmates?
(c) Respect for the professors.
(d) An interest in current affairs.
6. Instead of marriage, what does Marjorie want to concentrate on?
(a) Her education.
(b) Her looks and health.
(c) Her financial situation.
(d) Her career.
7. What course does Marjorie add to her college coursework in Chapter 12?
(a) Expressive art.
(c) Creative writing.
(d) Childbirth and rearing.
8. Why will Sandy not be going to medical school?
(a) Blood makes his queasy.
(b) He wants to be a writer.
(c) His grades are mediocre.
(d) He cannot afford the tuition.
9. What bribe do Marjorie's parents offer her upon their arrival at South Wind?
(a) Tuition to the school of her choice.
(b) A western trip for the remainder of the summer.
(c) Horse riding lessons every weekend for a year.
(d) A shopping spree at Tiffany's.
10. Why is Uncle Samson working at South Wind?
(a) To make money to send his child to school.
(b) To gain some experience before working for his brother.
(c) To relieve his boredom.
(d) To monitor Marjorie's behavior.
11. What is the name of the apartment building where Marjorie lives in Part 1?
(a) El Dorado.
(b) El Savador.
(c) El Paulo.
(d) El Domingo.
12. What is the generic name Noel has given to West Side girls?
13. How are Marsha's parents described?
(a) As eccentric and intellectual.
(b) As cold and unloving.
(c) As rigid and strict.
(d) As warm and welcoming.
14. Who is Maxwell Greech?
(a) The manager of South Wind.
(b) An agent who hangs around South Wind.
(c) The janitor at South Wind.
(d) The head of human resources at South Wind.
15. Where does George live?
(a) Long Island.
(c) The Bronx.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Uncle Samson-Aaron described?
2. Who is the author of "Marjorie Morningstar"?
3. According to Marsha, what do the staff do after "lights out" in Chapter 10?
4. How old is Marjorie when the novel begins?
5. How does Marjorie react to George declining the invitation?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)