|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Marjorie's real surname?
2. How does George feel about Marjorie?
(a) He dislikes her.
(b) He is thoroughly in love with her.
(c) He thinks she is nice, but in a platonic way.
(d) He thinks she is beautiful but is mostly indifferent towards her.
3. What does Marjorie's apartment building overlook?
(a) Central Park.
(c) A parking lot.
(d) The ocean.
4. How does Marjorie secure a higher status among her classmates?
(a) She becomes engaged to a notable alumnus.
(b) They learn that she has been dating Sandy Goldstone.
(c) She receives the top mark on an important exam.
(d) She gets a national modeling gig.
5. Who does Marsha go off with at the end of Chapter 11?
6. Who is Seth?
(a) Marjorie's co-worker.
(b) Marjorie's student.
(c) Marjorie's brother.
(d) Marjorie's neighbor.
7. Who is Maxwell Greech?
(a) The manager of South Wind.
(b) The head of human resources at South Wind.
(c) The janitor at South Wind.
(d) An agent who hangs around South Wind.
8. What is Wally's last name?
9. What outdoor activity does Marjorie do in Chapter 2?
(b) Horseback riding.
(d) Bike riding.
10. Why does Marsha ask Marjorie for a letter of introduction to Sandy Goldstone?
(a) So she can ask him to introduce her to his professor.
(b) So she can obtain a job at Lamms Department Store.
(c) So she can set him up with her sister.
(d) So she can become closer to Sandy.
11. Who is Milton?
(a) Marjorie's boss.
(b) Uncle Samson-Aaron's son.
(c) A suitor introduced to Marjorie by her mother.
(d) Marjorie's family dog.
12. What does George ask Marjorie to do which she refuses?
(a) He asks her to travel with him to Europe.
(b) He asks her to move in with him.
(c) He asks her to move on from him.
(d) He asks her to marry him.
13. What is the generic name Noel has given to West Side girls?
14. What is Marsha's job in Chapter 6?
(a) She is a seamstress for a local designer.
(b) She is part of a theatrical production staff.
(c) She is a writer for a community weekly newsletter.
(d) She is a teacher's assistant at an art school.
15. What is Sandy's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Marjorie's attributes are most popular with men?
2. What is the name of the resort Marjorie visits in Chapter 4?
3. How does Marsha describe Marjorie's acting skills?
4. What college does Marjorie go to in Chapter 12?
5. Who is Billy Ehrmann's brother?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)