|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Milton?
(a) Marjorie's boss.
(b) Marjorie's family dog.
(c) A suitor introduced to Marjorie by her mother.
(d) Uncle Samson-Aaron's son.
2. What is Marjorie doing at Columbia University in Chapter 1?
(a) Auditing a class.
(b) Attending a party.
(c) Taking a tour of the campus.
(d) Meeting a friend for lunch.
3. What is the generic name Noel has given to West Side girls?
4. What stops Marjorie from losing her virginity in Part 3?
(a) She gets into a fight with her would-be lover.
(b) Her parents walk in on her.
(c) She becomes nervous and breaks out in a rash.
(d) Uncle Samson's death.
5. How does Marjorie feel about George?
(a) She is steadfastly in love with him.
(b) She dislikes him but is afraid to say so.
(c) Her feelings for him have waned as of late.
(d) She is slowly beginning to see him as more than a friend.
6. What college does Marjorie go to in Chapter 12?
(a) Hunter College.
(b) Lincoln College.
(c) Halston College.
(d) St. James College.
7. What does Marjorie have a hard time telling George in Chapter 3?
(a) Her low opinion of him.
(b) Her true feelings.
(c) Her plans to drop out of school.
(d) About her relationship with another man.
8. What does Sandy lack when compared to his classmates?
(b) Respect for the professors.
(d) An interest in current affairs.
9. What does Noel think of the West Side girls he has dated?
(a) He dislikes them because they are always clingy.
(b) He always has a good time with them.
(c) He thinks they are the same as girls from other areas of New York.
(d) He has a low opinion of them.
10. What is South Wind?
(a) A fitness centre specializing in tennis and swimming.
(b) A weekly seminar on the topic of musical instruments.
(c) An adult summer resort.
(d) A place to host summer book clubs.
11. According to Marsha, what do the staff do after "lights out" in Chapter 10?
(a) Tell ghost stories.
(b) Drink and smoke.
(c) Trash the boss' office.
(d) Sneak out to South Wind.
12. Where is Uncle Samson found dead in Part 3?
(a) In the fountain pool.
(b) In his bed.
(c) In the girls locker room.
(d) In a nearby forest.
13. How does Marjorie meet Sandy?
(a) He is her neighbor.
(b) In school.
(c) They have been friends for years.
(d) He is a friend of her date.
14. What season is it in Chapter 4?
15. What job does Mr. Klabber offer Marjorie in Chapter 10?
(a) A summer stint tutoring his son.
(b) An internship in a newsroom.
(c) Creative drama director.
(d) Head of client care.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marjorie secure a higher status among her classmates?
2. Which of Marjorie's attributes are most popular with men?
3. How are Marsha's parents described?
4. How much salary will Marjorie receive for the job offered to her by Mr. Klabber?
5. How are Marjorie's living quarters with her parents described in Chapter 12?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)