|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5: My Object All Sublime; Chapters 37-45: the Nightmare, How to Discard a Mistress, The Bad Year, A First Class Ticket to Europe, The man on the Boat Deck, A Game of Ping Pong, the Premonition, In Pursuit of Noel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stops Marjorie from losing her virginity in Part 3?
(a) She gets into a fight with her would-be lover.
(b) She becomes nervous and breaks out in a rash.
(c) Her parents walk in on her.
(d) Uncle Samson's death.
2. Who does the title of Chapter 2, "Prince Charming," refer to?
(a) Marjorie's father.
3. Why will Sandy not be going to medical school?
(a) He cannot afford the tuition.
(b) His grades are mediocre.
(c) He wants to be a writer.
(d) Blood makes his queasy.
4. What does Sam think of Noel's work ethic?
(a) Noel is lacking direction.
(b) Noel has a keen eye for business.
(c) He is an excellent employee and Sam is lucky to have him.
(d) He is lacking responsibility and is begging to be fired.
5. Who is Mike Eden?
(a) A fellow passenger on the ship to Paris.
(b) Marjorie's first love.
(c) Noel's best friend.
(d) A popular singer who shows interest in Marjorie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Marjorie's parents always on the look out for?
2. What does Marjorie think of the play given to her by Guy in Chapter 22?
3. What does Marjorie notice about Marsha's appearance at her graduation?
4. How is Marjorie's performance received in Chapter 10?
5. Where is the office where Noel will be working in Part 4?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)