|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5: My Object All Sublime; Chapters 37-45: the Nightmare, How to Discard a Mistress, The Bad Year, A First Class Ticket to Europe, The man on the Boat Deck, A Game of Ping Pong, the Premonition, In Pursuit of Noel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Marjorie's attributes are most popular with men?
(a) Her wealth.
(b) Her sense of humor.
(c) Her looks.
(d) Her nurturing nature.
2. Where does Marsha invite Marjorie in Chapter 33?
(a) Shopping uptown.
(b) To lunch at the Plaza.
(c) To a tennis match.
(d) To her home for dinner.
3. What does Sam think of Noel's work ethic?
(a) He is lacking responsibility and is begging to be fired.
(b) Noel has a keen eye for business.
(c) Noel is lacking direction.
(d) He is an excellent employee and Sam is lucky to have him.
4. What were Marjorie's nightmares during her affair with Noel about?
(a) Sitting in her parent's home in her old age.
(b) Living in the suburbs with Noel with ten badly-behaved children.
(c) Searching for Noel through rooms and corridors but not finding him.
(d) Running through a crowded room yelling "Princess Jones!"
5. Where does Marjorie graduate from in Chapter 21?
(a) Lampton College.
(b) Blue River College.
(c) Victoria College.
(d) Hunter College.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Imogene trying to find work as in Chapter 28?
2. What do Marjorie's parents think of Sandy?
3. According to Marsha, what do the staff do after "lights out" in Chapter 10?
4. What book does Noel read after his epiphany?
5. Where did Marjorie and her family used to live before the start of the novel?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)