|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Sodom, Chapters 12-20: Wally Wronken, A Kiss under the Lilacs, Marjorie at South Wind, Shirley, The Red Glasses, The Rowboat, The Toreador, The South Wind Waltz, No Dishes to Vash.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Marjorie's performance received in Chapter 10?
(a) She is a hit.
(b) She is panned by all.
(c) She is given a lukewarm review.
(d) She is overshadowed by other actors.
2. What is Marjorie embarrassed by in Chapter 9?
(a) An unintentionally rude comment made in front of her superiors.
(b) Marjorie's brother's performance.
(c) A skin rash that has broken out on her chest and arms.
(d) Uncle Samson-Aaron's drunken behavior.
3. Where is Uncle Samson's body taken?
(a) Long Island.
(c) The Bronx.
4. Instead of marriage, what does Marjorie want to concentrate on?
(a) Her financial situation.
(b) Her career.
(c) Her looks and health.
(d) Her education.
5. What is Wally's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why will Sandy not be going to medical school?
2. Where did Marjorie and her family used to live before the start of the novel?
3. Where is Marjorie taking acting classes in Chapter 4?
4. What kind of business does Marjorie's father run?
5. Where does Marjorie join a dramatic group in Chapter 12?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)