|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5: My Object All Sublime; Chapters 37-45: the Nightmare, How to Discard a Mistress, The Bad Year, A First Class Ticket to Europe, The man on the Boat Deck, A Game of Ping Pong, the Premonition, In Pursuit of Noel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Flamm react to Marjorie's acting abilities?
(a) He is underwhelmed.
(b) He is disappointed.
(c) He is impressed.
(d) He is shocked.
2. According to Marjorie, why did Noel go to Europe?
(a) To explore his motherland.
(b) As a last attempt to avoid respectability.
(c) To get away from his parent's overbearing values.
(d) To experience the different faiths and cultures of the world.
3. What ritual takes place in Chapters 8 and 9?
(a) Wedding service.
(c) Bar Mitzva.
(d) Laying a tefillin.
4. What is the second job that Marjorie takes on in Chapter 40?
(a) Working in a movie theatre ticket booth.
(b) Working in a private club.
(c) Working at a newspaper.
(d) Working at a carnival.
5. What job does Mr. Klabber offer Marjorie in Chapter 10?
(a) A summer stint tutoring his son.
(b) Creative drama director.
(c) An internship in a newsroom.
(d) Head of client care.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Milton?
2. How is Uncle Samson-Aaron described?
3. Who does Marsha go off with at the end of Chapter 11?
4. Who does Marjorie date after breaking it off with Noel in Chapter 31?
5. What outdoor activity does Marjorie do in Chapter 2?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)