|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5: My Object All Sublime; Chapters 37-45: the Nightmare, How to Discard a Mistress, The Bad Year, A First Class Ticket to Europe, The man on the Boat Deck, A Game of Ping Pong, the Premonition, In Pursuit of Noel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marjorie realize during her epiphany in Chapter 1?
(a) That she is destined for the stage.
(b) That she is too hard on her parents.
(c) That she wants to marry and have children.
(d) That she wants to become a nun.
2. What is the name of the ship Marjorie takes in Chapter 40?
(a) The Queen Victoria.
(b) The Queen Margaret.
(c) The Queen Mary.
(d) The Queen Eleanor.
3. Who is Mike Eden?
(a) A fellow passenger on the ship to Paris.
(b) Marjorie's first love.
(c) A popular singer who shows interest in Marjorie.
(d) Noel's best friend.
4. Why does Noel become uncomfortable in Chapter 27?
(a) Because he has nothing in common with Marjorie's family.
(b) Because he ate something which had gone off.
(c) Because Marjorie's family hint at marriage.
(d) Because he drank too much and is feeling nauseous.
5. Who writes a letter of introduction for Marjorie in Chapter 22?
(a) Her piano teacher.
(b) Her drama instructor.
(c) Her writing tutor.
(d) Her singing coach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Imogene do to support herself in Chapter 28?
2. Why does Marjorie pin all her hopes on a reconciliation with Noel in Chapter 40?
3. How many years does Noel plan to study for?
4. Why does George put his graduate studies on hold?
5. Who does Marjorie see after leaving the hairdresser in Chapter 32?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)