|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Isabella of Parma die?
(a) From smallpox.
(b) From yellow fever.
(c) In childbirth.
(d) She drowned.
2. In what year did Antoinette get her first period?
3. What did Antoinette most hate about mealtime when she first arrived at the French court?
(a) That she was watched while she ate.
(b) The rules of how to handle cutlery.
(c) The sweet wine she was expected to drink.
(d) The richness and denseness of the food.
4. Which of the following vices did Antoinette fall into during the time she was not interested in producing an heir?
(b) Biting her nails.
5. Which of the following activities most interested Antoinette when she was a small child?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years into Antoinette's marriage did it take for her to produce a male heir to the throne?
2. How many children did Isabella of Parma produce before her death?
3. What did the French people think when they saw Antoinette dance for the first time?
4. Where was Carolina living at the time when Antoinette left home to join her new husband?
5. According to popular rumors of the time, what was the true definition of the parties Antoinette privately hosted in the palace?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the French court's first impression of the new royal couple, Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette?
2. What was the court's reaction to the birth of Marie Antoinette's first child?
3. Why was Antoinette's marriage considered to be a "by proxy'"marriage?
4. What type of relationship did Antoinette have with her older siblings while she was growing up?
5. How did Marie Antoinette prefer to spend her time rather than trying to produce a French heir?
6. What changes did Louis XVI make to the rules of child birth in the palace after Marie Antoinette gave birth to their first child?
7. How did Teresa show her motherly concern for Antoinette before shipping her off to strangers in France?
8. Who acted as Marie Antoinette's "foster family" during her childhood?
9. Why did Teresa worry about Antoinette's possible success as an heiress in France?
10. What was Louis XVI's reaction to the public outcry when Marie Antoinette still failed to produce an heir to the throne?
This section contains 1,099 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)