|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Louis use as his confidant regarding his sexual shortcomings with Antoinette?
(a) Yolande de Polignac
(c) Count Axel Fersen.
2. Who suggested that Antoinette take a lover to ensure that she produce an heir to the throne?
(c) Count Axel Fersen.
3. What did the French people think when they saw Antoinette dance for the first time?
(a) That she looked like a queen.
(b) That she looked like an angel.
(c) That she looked like a consort.
(d) That she looked like a commoner.
4. How did Antoinette respond the first time Louis questioned whether or not she loved him.
(a) She ignored his question completely.
(b) She laughed in his face.
(c) She told him the truth - that she did not.
(d) She assured him that she did.
5. Which of Marie Antoinette's brothers married Isabella of Parma?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of his relatives was Louis XVI closest to?
2. Who did Louis XVI banish from court in one of his first moves as king?
3. Why was Antoinette secretly glad that her first born child was a girl?
4. Which of the following female names was NOT included in the name of Antoinette's first-born daughter?
5. During what month of the year did Antoinette and Louis rise to the throne in France?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems arose when Marie Antoinette began choosing friends for herself within the court?
2. What was the reaction from the children when Marie Antoinette took the French throne?
3. How did the King, Louis XV, die?
4. What did Marie Antoinette find most ridiculous about her new life in court?
5. Who acted as Marie Antoinette's "foster family" during her childhood?
6. How did Teresa show her motherly concern for Antoinette before shipping her off to strangers in France?
7. What was Louis XVI's reaction to the public outcry when Marie Antoinette still failed to produce an heir to the throne?
8. Why did Teresa worry about Antoinette's possible success as an heiress in France?
9. What was the French court's first impression of the new royal couple, Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette?
10. How did Marie Antoinette prefer to spend her time rather than trying to produce a French heir?
This section contains 1,149 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)