|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Louis XVI react when he heard that his first born child was a girl?
(a) He was angry.
(b) He was apathetic.
(c) He was pleased.
(d) He was annoyed.
2. How old was Antoinette when she became betrothed to Louis XVI?
3. How did Antoinette react to the news that she was officially queen of France?
(a) She fell to her knees in prayer.
(b) She burst out laughing.
(c) She began to sing.
(d) She fainted.
4. Which country's quest for independence did France become embroiled in during the first decade of Antoinette's rule?
5. To which of the following objects did Marie Teresa compare her children?
(a) Pieces of a puzzle.
(b) Pawns on a chessboard.
(c) Flowers in bloom.
(d) Stars in the sky.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Antoinette revived when she fainted during the birth of her first child?
2. How did Isabella of Parma die?
3. During which Christian holiday did the Contesse de Noailles hold a dance party in her apartment?
4. Which of Antoinette's family members hoped to see Antoinette exert German power in France immediately upon taking the trhone?
5. What title did Marie Antoinette father hold?
Short Essay Questions
1. As an adult living in France, how did Antoinette reflect back on her childhood?
2. How did Teresa react when she heard that after a year, Marie Antoinette's marriage still had not been consummated?
3. Who acted as Marie Antoinette's "foster family" during her childhood?
4. What did Marie Antoinette find most ridiculous about her new life in court?
5. What was the reaction from the children when Marie Antoinette took the French throne?
6. What type of relationship did Antoinette have with her older siblings while she was growing up?
7. What was Louis XVI's reaction to the public outcry when Marie Antoinette still failed to produce an heir to the throne?
8. What was the first change Louis XVI made in the French court after being appointed as the king?
9. What was the French court's first impression of the new royal couple, Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette?
10. How did Teresa show her motherly concern for Antoinette before shipping her off to strangers in France?
This section contains 1,103 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)