|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the French people think when they saw Antoinette dance for the first time?
(a) That she looked like a queen.
(b) That she looked like a commoner.
(c) That she looked like a consort.
(d) That she looked like an angel.
2. How did Antoinette's father die?
(a) From cancer.
(b) From yellow fever.
(c) From a stroke.
(d) From smallpox.
3. Where was Carolina living at the time when Antoinette left home to join her new husband?
4. What was Prince Luis de Rohan well known for at the time of Antoinette's arrival in France?
(b) All of these answers are true.
5. Whose advice did Louis XVI rely on for political guidance upon taking over the French throne?
(a) His father's.
(b) His aunts'.
(c) His wife's.
(d) His grandmother's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country was Louis XVI from?
2. Which of the following females does NOT recover from the smallpox outbreak when Antoinette was a young girl?
3. Which of the following adjectives did NOT describe Louis XVI when Antoinette first met him?
4. Which of the following courts was limited only to nobles?
5. Who suggested that Antoinette take a lover to ensure that she produce an heir to the throne?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the court's reaction to the birth of Marie Antoinette's first child?
2. Why did Teresa worry about Antoinette's possible success as an heiress in France?
3. As an adult living in France, how did Antoinette reflect back on her childhood?
4. How did Teresa show her motherly concern for Antoinette before shipping her off to strangers in France?
5. What was expected of Marie Antoinette and Louis XVI during their first night as a married couple?
6. How did Teresa react when she heard that after a year, Marie Antoinette's marriage still had not been consummated?
7. What reason did Louis XVI reportedly give to Marie Antoinette's brother, Joseph, as to why he and his wife had not yet consummated their marriage?
8. How did the King, Louis XV, die?
9. How did music infiltrate and affect Marie Antoinette's childhood?
10. What controversial move did Marie Antoinette make regarding her friends' position in court?
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)