|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Widow Capet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Antoinette react when Louis fell into a deep depression about France's continued upheaval?
(a) She ignored him completely.
(b) She hired doctors from all over Europe to cure him.
(c) She refused him access to their children.
(d) She took over as lead politician in France.
2. Which of the following item carriage items broke, slowing down Antoinette's escape from exile?
(a) The axel.
(b) The reins.
(c) The wheel.
(d) The harness.
3. Whose penmanship was better when Louis and Antoinette signed their marriage contract?
(c) Neither child know how to sign their own names.
(d) Both Louis and Antoinette had equally beautiful penmanship.
4. How did Louis react to the rumors that he had not fathered the dauphin?
(a) He divorced Antoinette.
(b) He ignored them.
(c) He demanded a paternity test.
(d) He was anguished by them.
5. During the mob attack in the castle, how did Antoinette and the children escape?
(a) Through the window.
(b) Through the broken front gate.
(c) Through a secret passageway.
(d) Through the burned front door.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Louis executed?
2. Who did the young dauphin cry out for at night while in prison?
3. What type of prisoners were held in "The Conciergerie"?
4. Who often came up with plans for Antoinette's escape, only to have them repeatedly foiled?
5. During what season of the year was Louis XVI executed?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)