|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Austrian Woman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which of the following objects did Marie Teresa compare her children?
(a) Flowers in bloom.
(b) Stars in the sky.
(c) Pawns on a chessboard.
(d) Pieces of a puzzle.
2. What disease did the young dauphin likely suffer from?
(b) Yellow Fever.
(c) Small pox.
3. Who was Antoinette's second son given to immediately after his birth?
(a) The king.
(b) The lady-in-waiting.
(c) The governess.
(d) The queen.
4. How did Antoinette feel about the king's consort's presence in court?
(a) She was unaware of her.
(b) She ignored her.
(c) She despised her.
(d) She welcomed her.
5. According to the text, who spent the majority of the money in France, leading to the desperate economy?
(a) Louis' sisters.
(b) Antoinette's children.
(c) King Louis XVI.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Antoinette's foster brother, who was raised alongside her by the wet nurse?
2. Which of the following facts is TRUE about Antoinette's second son's birth?
3. Why wouldn't Antoinette's brother help his sister and her family out of exile?
4. Where was the young dauphin raised so he would not be seen by the public as he battled his illness?
5. Who often came up with plans for Antoinette's escape, only to have them repeatedly foiled?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)