|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first thing that Montessori requires of a Montessori Directress?
(a) Providing direction to the children.
(b) Yelling at the children.
(c) Avoidance of center stage.
(d) Coddling the children.
2. What did some Froebelians think the Montessori method do not give enough attention to?
(a) Play and make-believe.
(b) Quiet time.
(c) Group activities.
(d) Reading and writing.
3. What does the Montessori school enable children to do?
(a) Act independently of adult influence.
(b) Learn dependnce.
(c) Be domestic helpers.
(d) Learn to accept criticism.
4. What must a teacher understand to be successful in the Montessori classroom?
(a) The curriculum for the class.
(b) The principles of learning.
(c) The backgroud of the Montessori method.
(d) The child as a human being.
5. According to Standing, what do both the Montessori and the Froebel methods have a great affinity to produce?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Montessori method try to encourage concerning silence?
2. What did Froebel study as a young student?
3. What are traditional curriculum topics referred to as?
4. According to the Montessori method, when is a child allowed to choose material on his own in the classroom?
5. In "The Fundamental Problem & Prepared Environment," what type of food, does Standing state a child might prefer over a $500 ornate lunch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the physical aspects of the Montessori classroom?
2. Why does the Montessori method keep a young child in a limited circle within the prepared environment?
3. How did Montessori suggest one corrects deviations in learning and development?
4. What are the two factors involved in the success of the prepared environment?
5. What is the different between the teaching in a Froebel school compared to a teacher in a Montessori school?
6. Why can it be said that the Montessori method revels the true nature of children?
7. When a child first enters the Montessori school, what is the first thing to occur in terms of education?
8. According to Montessori, how can the struggle between the adult and the child end?
9. What are the possibilities of an individual who is a slave or who has limited freedom?
10. According to Montessori, what are the main factors of a child's life that may cause deviations?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)