|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Size, Movement, Instinct, Reason," what does the author suggest about the development of a child when they are first born?
(a) They are incomplete.
(b) They are like a bird.
(c) Development is complete.
(d) They are not ready to learn.
2. What type of interaction occurs in a traditional classroom?
3. In Size, Movement, Instinct, Reason," according to Standing, what is the first act of a man's life?
(a) Learn to walk.
(b) Create humanity.
(c) Create intelligence.
(d) Learn to breath.
4. What simile about children is used by both Montessori and Froebel?
(a) Willing learners.
(b) Blank slates.
(c) Open books.
(d) Soft wax.
5. Who defined man as the rational animal?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Montessori, what may happen if necessary supplies are not available in the classroom?
2. What is the aim of practicing life tasks such as domestic chores?
3. What did Montessori suggest the human grows principally during the fires year of life?
4. In "Liberty in Education & the Montessori Directress," what does Standing suggests is one of the most attractive features of being a Montessori teacher?
5. What is considered a good class size in a traditional school?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Fundamental Problem & Prepared Environment," what ways do children right oppression?
2. What are some things that a Montessori teacher may teach directly to younger children?
3. How did Montessori suggest one corrects deviations in learning and development?
4. When did Montessori disagree with Froebels use of free play and make believe?
5. According to Montessori, how can the struggle between the adult and the child end?
6. What are the possibilities of an individual who is a slave or who has limited freedom?
7. Why does the Montessori method keep a young child in a limited circle within the prepared environment?
8. What does Standing mean by the term Inner Command?
9. According to Standing, what was Montessroi's view on the nature of play?
10. According to Standing, what is an example of a limitation in material for a child?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)