|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Froebel study as a young student?
2. According to Standing, how did some visitors view unusual tasks seen in a Montessori classroom?
(a) Not appropriate for the classroom.
(b) Good learning experience.
(c) A waste of time.
3. According to Standing, what is the purpose of the prepared educational environment?
(a) Prepare independence.
(b) Prepare dependence.
(c) Make children feel special.
(d) Increase attention.
4. What lessons should be combined with lessons of practical life?
(b) National songs.
(c) Grace and courtesy.
(d) Reading and writing.
5. What did Montessori suggest may occur if a child is exposed to imaginary things to early in life?
(a) Stop exploration.
(b) Enhance their imagination.
(c) Hinder their imagination.
(d) Develop unwarrented fears.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Montessori classroom, what must be distributed evenly to foster the child?
2. According to Montessori, why is oppression of children strange?
3. What are traditional curriculum topics referred to as?
4. What does Standing suggest that children prefer an imaginary world?
5. What does Aristotelian philosophy suggest about theories that separate the soul and body?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the Montessori philosophy, how are actions of grace and courtesy to be taught?
2. What is meant by Weltanschauung?
3. What is necessary for a student to engage in a certain activity?
4. How did Montessori suggest one corrects deviations in learning and development?
5. When a child first enters the Montessori school, what is the first thing to occur in terms of education?
6. According to Montessori, what are the main factors of a child's life that may cause deviations?
7. In "The Fundamental Problem & Prepared Environment," what are the parts of a prepared environment?
8. What are the two factors involved in the success of the prepared environment?
9. How does freedom in the Montessori classroom also come with laws to follow?
10. According to Montessori, how does concentration play a role in the normalization of a child?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)