|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the material called that are used in Montessori's classrooms?
(a) Montessori documents.
(b) Montessori tools.
(c) Montessori gifts.
(d) Montessori materials.
2. According to Standing, when might a piece of material be taken away from a child in the Montessori classroom?
(a) If he complains about it.
(b) If is misuses it.
(c) If he wants another activity.
(d) If he is too tired.
3. What did Montessori emphasize in terms of activity methods?
(a) Remaining engaged.
(b) Understanding theories.
(c) Precision, order, and discipline.
(d) Doing things correctly.
4. What occurs when children learn a task at the right period of their learning, or sensitive time?
(a) It becomes automatic.
(b) He teaches other children.
(c) He makes no mistakes.
(d) He doe not repeat the task.
5. At what age do many educational professional (non Montessori) feel children should learn how to read?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 5 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Size, Movement, Instinct, Reason," according to Standing, what is the first act of a man's life?
2. What is the reason for the difference in number of students per class in the Montessori classroom compared to the traditional classroom?
3. In "The Fundamental Problem & Prepared Environment," what did Montessori say about universal oppression in relation to children?
4. How does Standing state Froebelians view the Montessori method?
5. What are traditional curriculum topics referred to as?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to "Liberty in Education & the Montessori Directress," how is it possible to be independent but not free?
2. According to the Montessori philosophy, how are actions of grace and courtesy to be taught?
3. What is the significance of the physical aspects of the Montessori classroom?
4. According to Montessori, what are the main factors of a child's life that may cause deviations?
5. What are the possibilities of an individual who is a slave or who has limited freedom?
6. According to Standing, what are the two classifications of practical life exercises?
7. According to Standing, what is one mistake some may make in developing or overseeing a Montessori school?
8. What is necessary for a student to engage in a certain activity?
9. What is meant by Weltanschauung?
10. According to Montessori, how does concentration play a role in the normalization of a child?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)