|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Size, Movement, Instinct, Reason," what does the author suggest about the development of a child when they are first born?
(a) Development is complete.
(b) They are incomplete.
(c) They are not ready to learn.
(d) They are like a bird.
2. What does the Montessori school enable children to do?
(a) Be domestic helpers.
(b) Learn dependnce.
(c) Learn to accept criticism.
(d) Act independently of adult influence.
3. According to Montessori, what is necessary for a child to be able to overcome or make right any misstep in the environment?
(a) Rapport between the child and the environment.
(b) Abstract thinking.
(c) Good problem solving skills.
(d) Concrete thinking.
4. What does Standing suggest that children prefer an imaginary world?
(a) Simply because they are children.
(b) It is one they can dominate.
(c) The real world is too dark for them.
(d) The real world is too large for them.
5. In "Size, Movement, Instinct, Reason," what stage of development is the child, at birth, considered, according to the Standing?
(a) First stage.
6. What do some teachers feel is the only necessary component for a child to be expressing themselves?
(a) They lose interest.
(b) They can teach others.
(c) That they are active.
(d) They gets all the answers correct.
7. In "Montessori & Froebel," what does Standing conclude is one common view held by both Froebelians and Montessori?
(a) A world view.
(b) A child's freedom.
(c) The essence of play.
(d) Direct instruction.
8. What was the first thing that Montessori requires of a Montessori Directress?
(a) Providing direction to the children.
(b) Yelling at the children.
(c) Coddling the children.
(d) Avoidance of center stage.
9. In Montessori & Froebel, what does Standing mean by the words "Luogo Chiuso"?
(a) Enclosed space.
(b) Open space.
(d) Intellectual freedom.
10. What occurs when children learn a task at the right period of their learning, or sensitive time?
(a) He doe not repeat the task.
(b) He makes no mistakes.
(c) It becomes automatic.
(d) He teaches other children.
11. According to the beginning of "Liberty in Education & the Montessori Directress," how did the Montessori school define good education?
(a) Freedom in a Prepared Environment.
(b) Oppression Free Learning.
(c) Child Led Learning.
(d) Choice in Learning.
12. What does Standing do in "Montessori & Froebel" that is typically frowned upon in formal writing?
(b) Change of subject.
(c) Provide opinion.
13. What term refers to the infinite complexity of voluntary muscles?
(d) Muscular system.
14. What is one example of an unusual task a visitor may see a Montessori child engaged in?
(b) Sweeping the floor.
15. What did Froebel study as a young student?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the physical environment important in the classroom?
2. When should a new Montessori school introduce didactic materials?
3. According to Montessori, what can be said about the adults feeling of oppressing their children?
4. In Size, Movement, Instinct, Reason," according to Standing, what is the first act of a man's life?
5. In "Size, Movement, Instinct, Reason", according to Standing, what is the highest human faculty?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)