|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Part 5 : Chapter 1, Montessori & Froebel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term refers to the infinite complexity of voluntary muscles?
(a) Muscular system.
2. According to Montessori, what is the first sign of normalization in a child?
3. Who defined man as the rational animal?
4. In "Size, Movement, Instinct, Reason," what does the author suggest about the development of a child when they are first born?
(a) Development is complete.
(b) They are incomplete.
(c) They are not ready to learn.
(d) They are like a bird.
5. What is the only organization designed to represent and promote the principles of the Montessori method?
(a) The National Organized Teaching Association.
(b) Association Montessori Internationale.
(c) Teachers for America.
(d) Teachers for Montessori.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Standing, in "Practical Life & Mental Processes," what does silence create?
2. According to Montessori, what is suggested by the fact that from ages 6-12, there are fewer incidences of illness and mortality?
3. In terms of furniture, what does Standing suggest a child prefers in "The Fundamental Problem & Prepared Environment"?
4. According to Montessori, what tends to occur when groups gather together, such as boys grouping together and girls grouping together?
5. What does Montessori feel the first step to teacher preparation should be?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)