|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 4 : Chapter 1, XV & XVI: The Fundamental Problem & Prepared Environment.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the time Montessori began working, who was making great efforts to understand the mentally ill?
2. What does Standing suggest is a common property to cause and effect?
(b) Interest and suprise.
3. What great philosopher felt that thinking about why a day is a day would be a waste of a day?
4. Where did Montessori find work after completing her schooling?
(b) Insane asylum.
5. What occurs when children learn a task at the right period of their learning, or sensitive time?
(a) It becomes automatic.
(b) He teaches other children.
(c) He makes no mistakes.
(d) He doe not repeat the task.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one thing Montessori would telling her international training courses about teaching?
2. What does Standing state, in Book 1, Chapter 2 , Montessori was a champion for?
3. What does Standing state about the existence of the body as a baby experiences it?
4. In "Size, Movement, Instinct, Reason," what stage of development is the child, at birth, considered, according to the Standing?
5. What element of a child's current activities did Montessori reduce and supplement with more structured activities?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)