|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 4 : Chapter 1, XV & XVI: The Fundamental Problem & Prepared Environment.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Montessori, when does the ability to reason begin to strengthen?
(b) 3-6 years.
(c) 6-12 years.
(d) 12-15 years.
2. According to Montessori, how does the child absorb information from the environment?
(a) By living.
(b) Hearing a lecture.
(c) Direct education.
3. As discussed in "Introductory Materials, Preparations & Discovery" based on Montessori's discovery, what was she initially able to do?
(a) Open a school.
(b) Find a better job.
(c) Provided these individuals with equipment.
(d) Make more money.
4. What does Standing state occurs naturally in children during the learning process?
(a) Incorrect answers.
5. At what age do many educational professional (non Montessori) feel children should learn how to read?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 7 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Montessori's popularity grew, what did she realize about the reach of her teaching methods?
2. What was one thing Montessori would telling her international training courses about teaching?
3. Who was one of Montessori's Italian sponsors?
4. According to Montessori, why it is important to have different educational principles for different stages of development?
5. What does Standing compare the universe to when discussing how a child may see it?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)