|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part Two : Chapter 2, Work, Sensorial, Normalcy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are children initially unaware of cause and effect?
(a) Cause and effect only matter for older children.
(b) They think they are invincible.
(c) They have no previous experience.
(d) They are not smart enough to understand it yet.
2. According to Montessori, what are the two streams of development?
(a) Physical and unconscious.
(b) Mental and physical.
(c) Mental and metaphysical.
(d) Conscious and unconscious.
3. According to Montessori, what is suggested by the fact that from ages 6-12, there are fewer incidences of illness and mortality?
(a) This is a period of strength.
(b) Children receive better medical care during this time.
(c) Children are immune to illness during this time.
(d) There is a poor accounting of actual illnesses and deaths during this time.
4. What does the chapter "Work, Sensorial, Normalcy," state are the pressures adults have in terms of work?
(a) Move slower.
(b) Move faster.
(c) Be 100% correct.
(d) Accomplish all tasks.
5. According to Standing, what did Froebel call the inner relationships that children look for between things?
(a) Inner connexions.
(b) Cause and effects.
(c) Common objects.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Exploration, Development," what does Standing suggest is the reasoning some put behind the children's ability to work on their own in a Montessori classroom?
2. What type of classrooms does Montessori prefer?
3. According to Standing, what happens when the obstacles are removed from the path of the children?
4. What type of environment does a Montessori school provide?
5. What does Standing suggest is a common property to cause and effect?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)