|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part Two : Chapter 1, Exploration, Development &.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the time Montessori began working, who was making great efforts to understand the mentally ill?
2. What element of a child's current activities did Montessori reduce and supplement with more structured activities?
(a) Time outside.
(b) Free play.
(c) Reading time.
(d) Nap time.
3. In "Exploration, Development," what does Standing suggest is the reasoning some put behind the children's ability to work on their own in a Montessori classroom?
(a) They are given directions before visitors come in.
(b) Strong discipline.
(c) They are simply playing and not learning.
(d) Hypnotic influnce.
4. In "Development," what was unique about what children are able to do in a Montessori classroom in terms of their mistakes?
(a) They are made fun of because of them.
(b) They can correct them.
(c) They are punished for them.
(d) Nothing is done.
5. As discussed in "Introductory Materials, Preparations & Discovery" based on Montessori's discovery, what was she initially able to do?
(a) Provided these individuals with equipment.
(b) Open a school.
(c) Make more money.
(d) Find a better job.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to the qualities unique in children, what else does the Montessori method focus on?
2. What type of principles does the Montessori method focus?
3. What type of things does Standing write astonish small children?
4. What type of environment does a Montessori school provide?
5. How does Standing state a Montessori teacher should attend to the children?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)