|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 4 : Chapter 2, Liberty in Education & the Montessori Directress.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Montessori, in a class of normalized children, what takes the place of competition?
(b) Mutual aid.
(c) Lack of expectations.
2. What does Standing suggest is a common property to cause and effect?
(a) Interest and suprise.
3. According to Montessori, what prompts a child to learn to speak?
(b) Inner impulse.
(c) Forced by adults.
(d) Other children speaking.
4. When did Montessori write her first book on her work?
5. Why is the physical environment important in the classroom?
(a) There are no other adults in the room.
(b) It is too difficult and timely for adults to lift children up and down.
(c) It is just nice for the children.
(d) Children can learn relations.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Explorer" chapter, what term is used to discuss the change we all face throughout life?
2. In "Size, Movement, Instinct, Reason," what does the author suggest about the development of a child when they are first born?
3. What type of classrooms does Montessori prefer?
4. According to Montessori, how do adults do their work?
5. According to Montessori, what sets the tune of development and the creation of self?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)