|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 4 : Chapter 2, Liberty in Education & the Montessori Directress.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Montessori write her first book on her work?
2. Why did Montessori suggests that the animal instinct to walk at birth is gone in humans?
(a) It is unnecessary.
(b) We have digressed as a species.
(c) Infants are too pampered.
(d) We have the opportunity to create our movement.
3. In "Exploration, Development," what does Standing suggest is absent in a Montessori school?
4. According to the Montessori method, when is a child allowed to choose material on his own in the classroom?
(a) When he meets the age criteria for the material.
(b) Whenever her pleases.
(c) When he knows how to use it.
(d) When the teachers permits.
5. What does the Montessori method try to encourage concerning silence?
(a) It is boring.
(b) It is natural.
(c) Children can not be silent for long periods.
(d) It is something the children make themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Montessori, what is the first sign of normalization in a child?
2. According to Montessori, what happens when a child learns a task on their own?
3. According to Montessori, what must be constructed before the individual can begin his movements?
4. According to Standing, why is joy a surprise to some in terms of this emotion being tied to learning and the Montessori classroom?
5. In "Size, Movement, Instinct, Reason", according to Standing, what is the highest human faculty?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)