|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 4 : Chapter 2, Liberty in Education & the Montessori Directress.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of classrooms does Montessori prefer?
(a) Large classes.
(b) Classrooms with one adult per child.
(c) Mixed age classrooms.
(d) Small classes.
2. For learning in the Montessori classroom to be successful, what is presented to the children?
(a) Options for learning.
(d) Options for free activities.
3. According to Montessori, which of the following is not a cause for a deviation?
(a) Failure to create.
4. According to Montessori, what sets the tune of development and the creation of self?
(b) The mind.
(c) The body.
(d) The soul.
5. When considering the fact that the child creates his own mind, what does Standing suggest separates man from animal?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Standing state about the existence of the body as a baby experiences it?
2. What profession did Montessori eventually decide to pursue?
3. What is the first stage of development, ranging from age 0-6 years, considered?
4. According to Montessori, when does the second epoch of development begin?
5. When given the chance, how does the Montessori method suggest children will function?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)