|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 4 : Chapter 2, Liberty in Education & the Montessori Directress.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are children initially unaware of cause and effect?
(a) Cause and effect only matter for older children.
(b) They think they are invincible.
(c) They are not smart enough to understand it yet.
(d) They have no previous experience.
2. How did Montessori begin trying to help those less fortunate?
(a) Smuggling them out of the hospital.
(b) Teaching them how to read.
(d) Giving them better medication.
3. In "The Fundamental Problem & Prepared Environment," what type of food, does Standing state a child might prefer over a $500 ornate lunch?
(c) Grilled cheese.
4. In "Liberty in Education & the Montessori Directress," what does Standing suggests is needed for a teacher to avoid demanding things of a child in the Montessori classroom?
5. According to Montessori, what can be said about the adults feeling of oppressing their children?
(a) It is not intentional.
(b) They feel it is necessary.
(c) It is intentional.
(d) They do not care.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Montessori feel would happen if one provides direct help for a child's mental growth needs during 0-6 year old?
2. According to Montessori, what is necessary for a child to be able to overcome or make right any misstep in the environment?
3. What term refers to the infinite complexity of voluntary muscles?
4. What great philosopher felt that thinking about why a day is a day would be a waste of a day?
5. During the time Montessori began working, who was making great efforts to understand the mentally ill?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)