|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 4 : Chapter 2, Liberty in Education & the Montessori Directress.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term refers to the infinite complexity of voluntary muscles?
(b) Muscular system.
2. In "Liberty in Education & the Montessori Directress," what does the role of the Montessori teacher resemble?
(a) A guardian angel.
(b) A tyrant.
(c) A friend.
(d) A mother.
3. In "Development," what was unique about what children are able to do in a Montessori classroom in terms of their mistakes?
(a) They are punished for them.
(b) They are made fun of because of them.
(c) Nothing is done.
(d) They can correct them.
4. What did Montessori call the 1900s?
(a) The Century for the Teacher.
(b) The Century of the Child.
(c) The Time for Change.
(d) The Educational Revolution.
5. In "Size, Movement, Instinct, Reason," what does the author state psychologists of this time placed an emphasis in?
(a) Inherited behaviors.
(b) Learning theories.
(d) Positive behaviors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the chapter "Work, Sensorial, Normalcy," state are the pressures adults have in terms of work?
2. According to Montessori, what is different in the way adults work compared to children?
3. In "The Fundamental Problem & Prepared Environment," what did Montessori say about universal oppression in relation to children?
4. What did Montessori feel would happen if one provides direct help for a child's mental growth needs during 0-6 year old?
5. When comparing normalized children to those in a traditional classroom, how are these children often described?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)