|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part Three : Chapter 1, Size, Movement, Instinct, Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Montessori, why it is important to have different educational principles for different stages of development?
(a) Children are essentially different beings during different periods.
(b) Development is too complex.
(c) Development varies in different genders.
(d) All children are different.
2. Standing uses the expression 'Young Explorer'; what does he state is unique about the young explorer?
(a) He is never idle.
(b) He asks many questions.
(c) He loses interest easily.
(d) He rarely challenges himself.
3. According to Montessori, when does the second epoch of development begin?
(a) Afreouns 21 years old.
(b) Around 18 years old.
(c) Around 6 years old.
(d) Around 12 years old.
4. What is the number one characteristic of a Montessori school?
(a) Only gifted children receive privileges.
(b) Children learn obedience first.
(c) State standards are taught.
(d) Children pursue their own interests.
5. What does Aristotelian philosophy suggest about theories that separate the soul and body?
(a) They are fales.
(b) They are unique.
(c) They have some truth.
(d) The are unattainable.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Development," what was unique about what children are able to do in a Montessori classroom in terms of their mistakes?
2. Who, according to Montessori, offers profound insight into the truths of human nature?
3. What did Montessori value over words, according to a Catholic Priest that was quoted in "Development"?
4. Why are children initially unaware of cause and effect?
5. According to Montessori, what are the two streams of development?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)