|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part Three : Chapter 1, Size, Movement, Instinct, Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who defined man as the rational animal?
2. In "Size, Movement, Instinct, Reason," what does the author state psychologists of this time placed an emphasis in?
(a) Learning theories.
(b) Positive behaviors.
(d) Inherited behaviors.
3. According to Montessori, when does the ability to reason begin to strengthen?
(b) 12-15 years.
(c) 3-6 years.
(d) 6-12 years.
4. What is an natural and important factor to children's learning according to Standing in "Work, Sensorial, Normalcy"?
(b) Internal thinking.
(c) Receiving answers from adults.
(d) External thinking.
5. According to Standing, why is joy a surprise to some in terms of this emotion being tied to learning and the Montessori classroom?
(a) It occurs in traditional classrooms as well.
(b) It is a healthy condition.
(c) Joy is not linked to achievement.
(d) All children feel joy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of classrooms does Montessori prefer?
2. According to Montessori, what is the child developing during the first epoch of his life?
3. According to Montessori, in a class of normalized children, what takes the place of competition?
4. In terms of time, what is first created in the child's mind in order to comprehend time?
5. What did Montessori call the 1900s?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)