|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part Three : Chapter 1, Size, Movement, Instinct, Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Standing compare the universe to when discussing how a child may see it?
(a) A maze.
(b) An illusion.
(c) A straight line.
(d) A jigsaw puzzle.
2. As Montessori's popularity grew, what did she realize about the reach of her teaching methods?
(a) They could be effective up to the University age.
(b) They are limited to early childhood.
(c) They can be taught to parents.
(d) They would not be understood in some countries.
3. What did Montessori suggest the human grows principally during the fires year of life?
4. What is a famous characteristic of the Montessori school?
(a) There is not direction.
(b) Children are content doing their work.
(c) Children have a lot of play time.
(d) Children are very disciplined through the use of rules.
5. What great philosopher felt that thinking about why a day is a day would be a waste of a day?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Development," what were children given in a Montessori classroom that was evident through their obedience toward adults and ability to strive for perfection on their own terms?
2. In "Exploration, Development," what does Standing suggest is the reasoning some put behind the children's ability to work on their own in a Montessori classroom?
3. In Size, Movement, Instinct, Reason," according to Standing, what is the first act of a man's life?
4. According to Montessori, how do adults do their work?
5. According to Standing, what did Froebel call the inner relationships that children look for between things?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)