|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part Three : Chapter 1, Size, Movement, Instinct, Reason.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Montessori, what tends to occur when groups gather together, such as boys grouping together and girls grouping together?
(a) Group instinct.
(b) Gang mentality.
(c) Sexual divisions.
(d) Herd instinct.
2. From ages 0-3, Montessori considered the Absorbent Mind; what is another term for the absorbent mind?
3. What type of classrooms does Montessori prefer?
(a) Classrooms with one adult per child.
(b) Mixed age classrooms.
(c) Small classes.
(d) Large classes.
4. When considering the fact that the child creates his own mind, what does Standing suggest separates man from animal?
5. According to Montessori, what sets the tune of development and the creation of self?
(a) The body.
(b) The mind.
(d) The soul.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Montessori value over words, according to a Catholic Priest that was quoted in "Development"?
2. What was one limitation Montessori had for continuing her schools?
3. According to Standing, what is the nature of the psychic life of man?
4. According to Montessori, what is different in the way adults work compared to children?
5. As Montessori's popularity grew, what did she realize about the reach of her teaching methods?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)