|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 4 : Chapter 1, XV & XVI: The Fundamental Problem & Prepared Environment.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Standing state occurs naturally in children during the learning process?
(d) Incorrect answers.
2. What is considered a good class size in a traditional school?
3. What is the reason for the difference in number of students per class in the Montessori classroom compared to the traditional classroom?
(a) Children lean from one another.
(b) Ability to control the children.
(c) Time constraints.
(d) Enrollment numbers.
4. In "Exploration, Development," what does Standing suggest is absent in a Montessori school?
5. What does the chapter "Work, Sensorial, Normalcy," state are the pressures adults have in terms of work?
(a) Be 100% correct.
(b) Accomplish all tasks.
(c) Move faster.
(d) Move slower.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Montessori, what is different in the way adults work compared to children?
2. When comparing the prepared environment of her classrooms, what did Montessori compare this to in the animal world?
3. In terms of time, what is first created in the child's mind in order to comprehend time?
4. What type of interaction occurs in the Montessori classroom?
5. In "Exploration, Development," what does Standing suggest is the reasoning some put behind the children's ability to work on their own in a Montessori classroom?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)