|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 4 : Chapter 1, XV & XVI: The Fundamental Problem & Prepared Environment.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Standing state about the existence of the body as a baby experiences it?
(a) They are uninterested.
(b) They can not make the connection.
(c) They are intriuged.
(d) They do not realize it until much later.
2. In "Exploration, Development," how does Standing describe the type of work that occurs among the children?
(b) Spontaneous and voluntary.
(c) Fast paced.
(d) Slow and calculated.
3. When comparing the prepared environment of her classrooms, what did Montessori compare this to in the animal world?
(a) The nest.
(b) The developed world.
(c) The wild.
4. According to Standing, what is the purpose of the prepared educational environment?
(a) Prepare independence.
(b) Make children feel special.
(c) Increase attention.
(d) Prepare dependence.
5. What does Standing compare the universe to when discussing how a child may see it?
(a) A straight line.
(b) An illusion.
(c) A maze.
(d) A jigsaw puzzle.
Short Answer Questions
1. When comparing normalized children to those in a traditional classroom, how are these children often described?
2. What type of interaction occurs in the Montessori classroom?
3. According to Montessori, what may happen if necessary supplies are not available in the classroom?
4. What is the number one characteristic of a Montessori school?
5. What is the reason for the difference in number of students per class in the Montessori classroom compared to the traditional classroom?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)