|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 4 : Chapter 1, XV & XVI: The Fundamental Problem & Prepared Environment.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Montessori, what is different in the way adults work compared to children?
(a) There are no differences.
(b) Adults have a better understanding of change.
(c) Adults try to make internal changes.
(d) Adults try to make external changes.
2. Standing suggests that individuals set out to create two worlds, one within and one without, when does he state this begins?
(a) At Birth.
(b) As a toddler.
(c) An an adult.
(d) As an adolescent.
3. According to Montessori, why is oppression of children strange?
(a) They are the only ones oppressed.
(b) Despite efforts to change, this oppression still occurs.
(c) They do not know they are oppressed.
(d) Those who love the children, oppress them.
4. In "Exploration, Development," what does Standing suggest is the reasoning some put behind the children's ability to work on their own in a Montessori classroom?
(a) Hypnotic influnce.
(b) Strong discipline.
(c) They are simply playing and not learning.
(d) They are given directions before visitors come in.
5. What type of environment does a Montessori school provide?
(a) Nurturing and independent.
(b) All free time.
(c) Highly structured.
(d) Nurtuting and dependent.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Montessori, what is necessary for children who have had disordering experiences?
2. What does Standing suggest is a common property to cause and effect?
3. According to Montessori, how does the child absorb information from the environment?
4. What does the chapter "Work, Sensorial, Normalcy," state are the pressures adults have in terms of work?
5. According to Standing, why is joy a surprise to some in terms of this emotion being tied to learning and the Montessori classroom?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)