|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what does Dr. Knowles congratulate Mr. Holmes?
(a) His promotion at the company.
(b) His speedy recovery.
(c) His upcoming marriage to Miss Herne.
(d) His marriage to Margret.
2. Margret says that she asked ______________ to show her what she should be doing with her life and working with the poor is the answer.
(b) Dr. Knowles.
(c) Mr. Howth.
(d) Mrs. Howth.
3. Who does Dr. Knowles meet as he leaves the hospital?
(a) Miss Herne.
4. Where had Mr. Holmes spent every Christmas of his childhood?
(a) At the orphanage.
(b) At his uncle's home.
(c) At his grandfather's home.
(d) At the Howth home.
5. What does Lois offer to Joe?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sets fire to the mill?
2. How long has it been since Mr. Holmes and Margret broke their engagement?
3. Why does Mr. Holmes say he is going to marry Miss Herne?
4. What does Mr. Holmes throw over in order to achieve his objectives?
5. Which of the following does NOT stop by the Howth's home on Christmas?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)