|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Margret tell Mr. Holmes that she cannot marry him?
(a) She is engaged to someone else.
(b) She finds him repugnant.
(c) She does not love who he has become.
(d) She cannot leave her parents.
2. What had Lois told Mr. Holmes that Christmas is?
(a) The best day of the year.
(b) The day kids look forward to all year.
(c) The coldest day of the year.
(d) The day love was born on earth.
3. Why does Mr. Holmes leave the carriage before it reaches town?
(a) To push the wagon out of a muddy rut.
(b) To fix a broken wagon wheel.
(c) To walk back down the road to find Margret.
(d) To attach a lantern to the wagon.
4. Dr. Knowles knows that Margret is capable of _______________.
(d) Selfless love.
5. What color does Lois notice that Miss Herne is wearing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lois doing at the beginning of Chapter 6?
2. Which of the following does Mr. Holmes NOT admit to Margret?
3. When does Mr. Holmes promise to return?
4. Who does Lois see in an approaching carriage?
5. Which of the following does Lois NOT think about Miss Herne?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)