|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something that depresses Mr. Holmes?
(a) He has no home.
(b) Joe being punished for setting the fire.
(c) He won't have children.
(d) Lois' weariness and compromised health.
2. Where is Margret when Mr. Holmes finds her?
(a) Asleep in a meadow.
(b) Walking slowly toward home.
(c) Lying underneath a tree.
(d) Sitting against a stone wall.
3. Which of the following does NOT describe Lois as she watches over Mr. Holmes during his recovery?
4. What does Joe beg Mr. Holmes not to do?
(a) Reveal his past crime.
(b) Fire him.
(c) Fire Lois.
(d) Buy the mill.
5. Why does Mr. Holmes say he is going to marry Miss Herne?
(a) He is obligated to do it.
(b) He is crazy about her.
(c) He will learn to love her.
(d) Her money will be beneficial for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lois save from the fire at the mill?
2. What force seems to drive Mr. Holmes?
3. Which of the following did Lois NOT give to Mr. Holmes?
4. Who makes caustic remarks about Mr. Holmes once being engaged to the pitiful Margret?
5. What does Mr. Holmes throw over in order to achieve his objectives?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)