|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Margret NOT see in the abandoned tavern?
2. Who sets fire to the mill?
(b) Mr. Holmes.
(c) Mr. Herne.
3. What topic of conversation does Margret veer away from?
(a) Miss Herne.
(b) Her former engagement to Mr. Holmes.
(c) The family's poverty.
(d) Her father's blindness.
4. What had Lois told Mr. Holmes that Christmas is?
(a) The best day of the year.
(b) The day love was born on earth.
(c) The day kids look forward to all year.
(d) The coldest day of the year.
5. When does Mr. Holmes promise to return?
(a) New Year's Eve.
(b) New Year's Day.
(c) Christmas Day.
(d) The day after Christmas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lois see when she awakens?
2. Where does Margret say she will wait for Mr. Holmes?
3. What frightens Lois so much that she pulls her wagon to the side of the road?
4. Margret's demeanor toward Mr. Holmes when he arrives as the Howth home is characterized as ________________.
5. What force seems to drive Mr. Holmes?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)