|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lois offer to Joe?
2. Where does Mr. Holmes recover from his injuries?
(a) The hospital.
(b) At Miss Herne's home.
(c) At Dr. Knowles' home.
(d) At home.
3. What holiday approaches as Holmes recuperates in the hospital?
(c) Fourth of July.
4. Where does Margret say she will wait for Mr. Holmes?
(a) In heaven.
(b) At the mill.
(c) At the stone wall.
(d) At the well.
5. What are Miss Herne's feelings toward Mr. Holmes now?
(a) She is waiting to see if he recovers.
(b) She can't wait until they can be married.
(c) She is with him constantly.
(d) She has no more interest in him.
6. Dr. Knowles capitalizes on Margret's ____________________.
(a) Organizational skills.
(d) Need to feel needed.
7. Mrs. Howth prepares ____________ and plum pudding for Christmas dinner.
8. Which of the following does NOT describe how Margret behaves toward Mr. Holmes?
9. On what does Dr. Knowles congratulate Mr. Holmes?
(a) His promotion at the company.
(b) His speedy recovery.
(c) His upcoming marriage to Miss Herne.
(d) His marriage to Margret.
10. What does Joe beg Mr. Holmes not to do?
(a) Fire Lois.
(b) Fire him.
(c) Buy the mill.
(d) Reveal his past crime.
11. Other than Lois, who does the carriage pass by on its way to town?
(a) Dr. Knowles.
(d) Mrs. Howth.
12. Which of the following did Lois NOT give to Mr. Holmes?
13. What is Lois doing at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Unhitching her horse from the wagon.
(b) Loading her wagon with produce.
(c) Heading back to town in her wagon.
(d) Counting her day's profits.
14. In what month does Dr. Knowles visit Mr. Holmes at the hospital?
15. Who has agreed to work with Dr. Knowles at his new institution?
(c) Mr. Holmes.
(d) Mrs. Howth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dr. Knowles' reaction to the fact that Margret will be marrying Mr. Holmes?
2. What type of institution does Dr. Knowles plan to open?
3. What had Lois told Mr. Holmes that Christmas is?
4. Which of the following is NOT something that depresses Mr. Holmes?
5. Who does Lois save from the fire at the mill?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)