|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of institution does Dr. Knowles plan to open?
(b) Research center.
(c) Socialist healing.
(d) AIDS clinic.
2. What frightens Lois so much that she pulls her wagon to the side of the road?
(a) The ominous color of the sky.
(b) A dust storm.
(c) A tornado in the distance.
(d) A bolt of lightning.
3. What does Mr. Holmes feel for the first time in a long time on this Christmas Eve?
4. What deadline does Mr. Holmes give himself to be better?
(a) New Year's Day.
(b) Christmas Day.
(c) Christmas Eve.
(d) New Year's Eve.
5. What are Lois and Joe doing as Chapter 7 begins?
(a) Going to church.
(b) Eating dinner.
(c) Delivering produce.
(d) Keeping watch at the mill.
6. Where does Dr. Knowles lead Margret on the way home?
(a) To his new home.
(b) To an abandoned tavern.
(c) To the railroad tracks.
(d) To his commune site.
7. Dr. Knowles shows Margret the corpse of a 15-year-old girl who committed suicide by __________________-.
(a) Shooting herself.
(b) Slitting her wrist.
(c) Hanging herself.
(d) Drinking herself to death.
8. Margret says that she asked ______________ to show her what she should be doing with her life and working with the poor is the answer.
(a) Mr. Howth.
(b) Mrs. Howth.
(d) Dr. Knowles.
9. Who sets fire to the mill?
(c) Mr. Holmes.
(d) Mr. Herne.
10. Dr. Knowles capitalizes on Margret's ____________________.
(a) Need to feel needed.
(b) Organizational skills.
11. Which of the following did Lois NOT give to Mr. Holmes?
12. What does Margret say when Mr. Holmes asks her to be his wife?
(a) She'll think about it.
(b) Absolutely not.
(d) She needs to sleep on it.
13. Who does Dr. Knowles meet as he leaves the hospital?
(c) Miss Herne.
14. What does Joe want to do in his life?
(a) Get a college education.
(b) Become a minister.
(c) Rebuild his life and stay with Lois.
(d) Open a grocery store.
15. Who does Mr. Holmes encounter as he approaches Lois' house to visit her on Christmas Eve?
(a) Mr. Pike.
(b) Dr. Knowles.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what does Dr. Knowles congratulate Mr. Holmes?
2. What does Lois do after her father walks her home?
3. Which of the following does NOT describe Lois as she watches over Mr. Holmes during his recovery?
4. Where does Margret say she will wait for Mr. Holmes?
5. Which of the following does NOT stop by the Howth's home on Christmas?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)