|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book does Margret read?
(a) Oliver Twist.
(b) Great Expectations.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The Odyssey.
2. What is the name of Margret's long lost dog?
3. What is Mr. Holmes aware of as he sits in his room?
(a) How quiet the mill is at night.
(b) The sound of a nearby train.
(c) His labored breathing.
(d) Margaret is in an office on the floor beneath him.
4. What does Dr. Knowles tell Mr. Holmes he has been doing today?
(a) Surveying property.
(b) Buying new equipment.
(c) Interviewing people.
(d) Hosting a business meeting.
5. What keeps Joe from interacting with the people he sees on the street?
(a) His criminal record.
(b) His alcoholism.
(c) His shyness.
(d) His lack of money.
6. From what affliction does Margret's father suffer?
(c) Leg deformity.
7. Who is the vendor approaching Margret's house?
(a) Louis Yare.
(b) Louise Yare.
(c) Lois Yare.
(d) Lois Dare.
8. What is Mr. Holmes expecting Dr. Knowles to give him?
(a) The keys to the mill.
(b) The deed to the mill.
(c) The contract for a big deal.
(d) Some legal books.
9. What kind of dog does Margret have?
(a) Labrador Retriever.
(c) German Shepherd.
10. Why did Margret give up her former love, Mr. Holmes?
(a) She felt she was an impediment to his goals.
(b) She didn't want to be tied down.
(c) She fell out of love with him.
(d) She caught him in a lie.
11. How does Margret get to her office?
(a) An elevator.
(b) An escalator.
(c) A winding staircase.
(d) A steep ladder.
12. Who is engaged to Mr. Holmes?
(c) Miss Hall.
(d) Miss Herne.
13. Margret starts work at the mill on what day?
(a) Her 20th birthday.
(b) The day after Christmas.
(c) The day after she graduates high school.
(d) Memorial Day.
14. In whom does Lois place all her trust?
(a) Mr. Knowles.
(c) Her father.
(d) Reverend Hall.
15. Where does Dr. Knowles go when he leaves the Howth home?
(a) The church.
(b) The mill.
(c) His own home.
(d) A bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Howth doing as Margret does her chores?
2. What does Margret feel will return?
3. What does Mr. Holmes do as he passes Margret's office?
4. What does Margret do before going to bed?
5. What does Mr. Holmes do after leaving the office at night?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)