|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month did the fire at the mill occur?
2. What does Margret find that prompts her to write this story?
(a) A diary.
(b) An old ledger.
(c) Newspaper articles.
(d) Some love letters.
3. Why has Dr. Knowles purchased new property?
(a) To build a new library.
(b) To build a new home.
(c) To build a new mill.
(d) To establish a new commune.
4. How does Lois now make her living?
(d) Selling produce.
5. How long has it been since Mr. Holmes and Margret broke their engagement?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 6 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state does the story take place?
2. Which of the following does Mr. Holmes NOT admit to Margret?
3. Who set up Lois in her business?
4. What color does Lois notice that Miss Herne is wearing?
5. Where does Mr. Holmes live?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)