|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Margret glad that her father cannot see?
(a) That she and her mother have sold many household items.
(b) The empty cupboards.
(c) The shabbiness of the furniture.
(d) Her mother's weary face.
2. What does Lois' produce symbolize?
(a) New life and vitality.
(b) Agrarian techniques.
(d) Agricultural methods.
3. Who sets fire to the mill?
(a) Mr. Herne.
(b) Mr. Holmes.
4. Who has agreed to work with Dr. Knowles at his new institution?
(b) Mrs. Howth.
(d) Mr. Holmes.
5. What does Margret do before going to bed?
(a) Banks the fire.
(b) Sets out breakfast dishes.
(c) Brushes her hair.
(d) Steps outside for a few minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Knowles do when walking with Mr. Howth outside?
2. Which of the following does Mrs. Howth NOT ask Joel to prepare for Lois?
3. What is the setting for Chapter 2?
4. Which of the following characteristics does Miss Herne NOT expect of Mr. Holmes?
5. Why did Margret give up her former love, Mr. Holmes?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)