|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lois do after her father goes to bed?
(a) Watches the moonlight.
(b) Sets out breakfast dishes.
(c) Washes clothes.
(d) Loads her wagon.
2. Where is Mr. Holmes to meet Dr. Knowles?
(a) The library.
(b) The abandoned school building.
(c) The mill.
(d) The cafe.
3. From what affliction does Margret's father suffer?
(c) Leg deformity.
4. Why does Margret tell Mr. Holmes that she cannot marry him?
(a) She is engaged to someone else.
(b) She does not love who he has become.
(c) She finds him repugnant.
(d) She cannot leave her parents.
5. How does Lois now make her living?
(b) Selling produce.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state does the story take place?
2. Who makes caustic remarks about Mr. Holmes once being engaged to the pitiful Margret?
3. Who does Dr. Knowles meet as he leaves the hospital?
4. What must Dr. Knowles now do since he has lost everything in the mill fire?
5. What does Mr. Holmes do after leaving the office at night?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)