|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mr. Howth's profession?
2. What does Margret find that prompts her to write this story?
(a) A diary.
(b) An old ledger.
(c) Some love letters.
(d) Newspaper articles.
3. Who is the vendor approaching Margret's house?
(a) Louis Yare.
(b) Lois Yare.
(c) Lois Dare.
(d) Louise Yare.
4. Margret thinks that the doctor has always looked at her ___________________.
(a) With a savage scorn.
(b) With love.
(c) With tenderness.
(d) With bemusement.
5. What is Mr. Holmes aware of as he sits in his room?
(a) Margaret is in an office on the floor beneath him.
(b) How quiet the mill is at night.
(c) His labored breathing.
(d) The sound of a nearby train.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Margret's long lost dog?
2. What is the setting for Chapter 2?
3. With whom does Lois share her room?
4. What does Margret make particular note of regarding the ledger?
5. How long has Tiger been gone?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)