|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Margret give up her former love, Mr. Holmes?
(a) She caught him in a lie.
(b) She felt she was an impediment to his goals.
(c) She didn't want to be tied down.
(d) She fell out of love with him.
2. What type of material is produced at the mill where Margret worked?
3. What is Mr. Holmes aware of as he sits in his room?
(a) Margaret is in an office on the floor beneath him.
(b) How quiet the mill is at night.
(c) The sound of a nearby train.
(d) His labored breathing.
4. In what time period does the book take place?
5. Which of the following does Mrs. Howth NOT ask Joel to prepare for Lois?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margret do before going to bed?
2. What keeps Joe from interacting with the people he sees on the street?
3. What does Lois' produce symbolize?
4. What makes the house seem like it used to be?
5. Who is engaged to Mr. Holmes?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)