|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state does the story take place?
2. Which of the following does NOT describe Lois' condition?
(a) Brain damage.
3. Who is the author of MARGRET HOWTH: A STORY OF TO-DAY?
(a) Roberta Harding Davis.
(b) Rebecca Harding Davis.
(c) Rebecca Hardison Davis.
(d) Rebecca Sunnybrook Davis.
4. Who is buying the mill from Dr. Knowles?
(a) Mr. Holmes and Mr. Herne.
(b) Mr. Holmes and Mr. Howth.
(c) Mr. Holmes and Mr. Pike.
(d) Mr. Herne and Mr. Pike.
5. Why does Mr. Holmes leave the mill by an indirect route?
(a) So he won't run into Margret.
(b) To check the plumbing.
(c) To check the lights.
(d) To lock the doors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What noise startles Margret as she stands outside?
2. How can Margret's work be best described?
3. Where does Dr. Knowles go when he leaves the Howth home?
4. What is Mr. Holmes aware of as he sits in his room?
5. What does Dr. Knowles do when walking with Mr. Howth outside?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)