|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who begins throwing items at the nurses during the Epilogue?
2. As a judge in Revolutionary tribunals, what does Sade find himself unable to do?
(a) Stay awake.
(b) Look victims in the eyes.
(c) Sentence men to death.
(d) Show mercy.
3. Which character does not sing at all during the play?
4. Which of the following items is not something Marat blindly seeks in his fever at the beginning of Scene 21?
(a) His ink.
(b) His paper.
(c) His pen.
(d) His compress.
5. Who is the first voice from Marat's past to speak in Scene 26?
(a) His mother.
(b) A military representative.
(c) His father.
(d) His schoolmaster.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the people love Marat, according to Sade in the beginning of Scene 20?
2. Which of the following words is not chanted by the inmates at the end of the play?
3. According to the Herald in Scene 19, what is the most sympathetic way to be executed?
4. According to the Singers at the end of Scene 25, what can Marat not cure?
5. Which book of the Old Testament does Corday read in Caen?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)