|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a judge in Revolutionary tribunals, what does Sade find himself unable to do?
(a) Look victims in the eyes.
(b) Sentence men to death.
(c) Show mercy.
(d) Stay awake.
2. In Scene 30, how does Corday respond to Duperret's entreaty to leave Paris?
(a) She kicks him.
(b) She kisses him goodbye.
(c) She agrees.
(d) She calls the police to her assistance.
3. In Duperret's Scene 22 song, who is the only entity that man will be expected to obey in an ideal world?
(a) The king.
(d) The market.
4. Which of the following inmates is strait-jacketed throughout the entire play?
5. In appeasing Coulmier in Scene 18, which is not a group to which the Singers pledge fidelity?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Marat in Scene 27, what has the Minister of War sold to France's enemies?
2. Who speaks the final words of the first act?
3. Which of the following is something that Coulmier claims is absent in 1808?
4. What affliction of Marat does the Schoolmaster mock in Scene 26?
5. What is the name of the man to whom Marat dictates his calls to the people?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)