|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Scene 16, the Harald claims the players want to see the people live in harmony with what?
(a) The Church.
(c) The military.
2. According to the Herald in Scene 31, what does Sade intend to show Marat before the murder?
(a) The future.
(c) The full conspiracy against him.
(d) The afterlife.
3. Who speaks the final words of the first act?
4. Which of the following groups is not one that Coulmier interrupts the play to defend?
(a) The high academics.
(b) The post-Revolutionary politicians.
(c) The soldiers.
(d) The priests.
5. How do the Singers say they will impart the words they cannot speak freely?
(a) Shout them from the rafters.
(b) Breathe them in our ear.
(c) Keep them to themselves.
(d) Carve them into our skin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the subject of the suppressed work that Marat describes in Scene 28?
2. Near the end of Scene 27, what word does Marat say should be abolished?
3. Where did Corday spend her youth?
4. Which of the following is something that Sade claims the hypothetical Revolutionaries expect from the Revolution?
5. Which book of the Old Testament does Corday read in Caen?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)