|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Marat, why is the rumor being spread that wages will soon be raised?
(a) To quell violent discontent.
(b) To increase production.
(c) To find organizers amongst the workers.
(d) To gauge public opinion on this.
2. Who do the Singers say speaks for all of France?
(d) No one.
3. What was the subject of the suppressed work that Marat describes in Scene 28?
(c) The soul.
(d) Social action.
4. Into what does Roux demand the churches of France be converted?
(a) Soup kitchens.
5. In the Singers' Scene 21 song, what has just been destroyed?
(a) Marat's front door.
(b) Marat's printing press.
(c) The central guillotine scaffold.
(d) Corday's carriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What institution's sacking does Sade recall witnessing in this section?
2. What part of Corday's body does Duperret kiss repeatedly in Scene 22?
3. What does Marat demand be done with the seized farmland?
4. Which of the following groups is not one that Coulmier interrupts the play to defend?
5. In Scene 28, Sade says that he wrote his lost masterpiece on what?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)