|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sade want remembered about himself after his death?
(a) His writings.
(b) His work with the Revolution.
(c) His mad actions.
2. Who begins throwing items at the nurses during the Epilogue?
3. What does Coulmier invite the audience to do at the beginning of the Epilogue?
(a) Close the history book.
(b) Attend some post-performance drinks.
(c) Meet the actors.
(d) Embrace the newly-won peace of the present.
4. Who has the final line of the play?
5. As a judge in Revolutionary tribunals, what does Sade find himself unable to do?
(a) Look victims in the eyes.
(b) Stay awake.
(c) Show mercy.
(d) Sentence men to death.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Scene 16, the Harald claims the players want to see the people live in harmony with what?
2. Who interrupts the song several times during the Epilogue?
3. Which of the following groups is not one that Coulmier interrupts the play to defend?
4. Who is the first voice from Marat's past to speak in Scene 26?
5. In Scene 28, Sade says that he wrote his lost masterpiece on what?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)