|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marat demand be done with the seized farmland?
(a) It should be used for military exercises.
(b) It should be divided into allotments.
(c) Schools should be built on it.
(d) It should be converted into a public park.
2. In the Singers' Scene 21 song, what has just been destroyed?
(a) Marat's front door.
(b) The central guillotine scaffold.
(c) Corday's carriage.
(d) Marat's printing press.
3. Why do the people love Marat, according to Sade in the beginning of Scene 20?
(a) He will speak for them.
(b) He will suffer for them.
(c) He will fight for them.
(d) He will die for them.
4. Who is in charge of France at the end of the Interruptus narrative?
(c) Louis XV.
5. What two things does Corday claim Marat wants in Scene 17?
(a) Law and order.
(b) Wealth and preference.
(c) Anarchy and confusion.
(d) Anonymity and peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What affliction begins to show itself in Sade as he is whipped?
2. In Scene 30, of what does Sade say the world consists?
3. What does Sade say is essential to any real revolution in Scene 30?
4. Who has the final line of the play?
5. What affliction of Marat does the Schoolmaster mock in Scene 26?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)