|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is something that Coulmier claims is absent in 1808?
(b) Violent crimes.
(c) Social inequity.
2. At the end of Scene 28, the Singers complain that Marat's writings have done what to France?
(a) Set it ablaze.
(b) Weakened it irreparably.
(c) Covered it in blood.
(d) Confused its people.
3. Who interrupts the song several times during the Epilogue?
4. Who whips Sade in Scene 20?
(a) A male nurse.
5. What affliction begins to show itself in Sade as he is whipped?
(b) Profuse sweating.
(d) Heart palpitations.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Coulmier interrupts Roux in Scene 19, what does he claim everyone in modern-day France is?
2. According to the Singers at the end of Scene 25, what can Marat not cure?
3. In the Singers' Scene 21 song, what has just been destroyed?
4. In Scene 30, Sade tells Marat that his writings mean nothing compared to what?
5. What memorial of Marat does Sade prophesy the people will smash?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)