|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is something that Coulmier claims is absent in 1808?
(c) Social inequity.
(d) Violent crimes.
2. According to the Herald in Scene 31, what does Sade intend to show Marat before the murder?
(b) The full conspiracy against him.
(c) The afterlife.
(d) The future.
3. Why do the people love Marat, according to Sade in the beginning of Scene 20?
(a) He will speak for them.
(b) He will fight for them.
(c) He will die for them.
(d) He will suffer for them.
4. At the end of Scene 27, what does Duperret demand replace hysteria and fanaticism?
(a) Reconciliation and empathy.
(b) Calm and analysis.
(c) Beauty and concord.
(d) Love and tenderness.
5. Near the end of Scene 27, what word does Marat say should be abolished?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who speaks the final words of the first act?
2. In Scene 23, what does Marat warn the rich will do the the poor at a moment's notice?
3. As a judge in Revolutionary tribunals, what does Sade find himself unable to do?
4. At the end of Scene 28, the Singers complain that Marat's writings have done what to France?
5. Who is the first voice from Marat's past to speak in Scene 26?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)