|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sade characterize his current station in the Revolution?
2. What institution's sacking does Sade recall witnessing in this section?
(a) A library.
(b) An art museum.
(c) A manor.
(d) A convent.
3. As a judge in Revolutionary tribunals, what does Sade find himself unable to do?
(a) Sentence men to death.
(b) Look victims in the eyes.
(c) Show mercy.
(d) Stay awake.
4. What color is Corday's hair?
5. In Scene 30, how does Corday respond to Duperret's entreaty to leave Paris?
(a) She kicks him.
(b) She kisses him goodbye.
(c) She agrees.
(d) She calls the police to her assistance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words is not chanted by the inmates at the end of the play?
2. Which of the following is not something that Duperret accuses Mara of being in Scene 17?
3. At the end of Scene 27, what does Duperret demand replace hysteria and fanaticism?
4. Which of the following is something that Sade claims the hypothetical Revolutionaries expect from the Revolution?
5. Which character does not sing at all during the play?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)