|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not something the Singers accuse the rich of hoarding at the beginning of Scene 16?
2. In Scene 18, for what group does Marat say the Revolution was fought?
(a) The poor.
(b) The politicians.
(c) The military.
3. Which of the following is something that Sade claims the hypothetical Revolutionaries expect from the Revolution?
(a) New shoes.
(b) A milder summer.
(c) A bigger house.
(d) Bags of gold.
4. Why do the people love Marat, according to Sade in the beginning of Scene 20?
(a) He will suffer for them.
(b) He will speak for them.
(c) He will die for them.
(d) He will fight for them.
5. Who begins throwing items at the nurses during the Epilogue?
Short Answer Questions
1. As a judge in Revolutionary tribunals, what does Sade find himself unable to do?
2. Which of the following words is not chanted by the inmates at the end of the play?
3. Which of the following is something that Coulmier claims is absent in 1808?
4. What affliction of Marat does the Schoolmaster mock in Scene 26?
5. What are the fates of both Duperret and Corday after Marat's murder?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)