|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Coulmier invite the audience to do at the beginning of the Epilogue?
(a) Close the history book.
(b) Attend some post-performance drinks.
(c) Embrace the newly-won peace of the present.
(d) Meet the actors.
2. What is Sade doing in the final moments of the play?
3. In Scene 30, Sade tells Marat that his writings mean nothing compared to what?
(a) Corday's body.
(b) Sade's writings.
(c) The indifference of history.
(d) The death they inspired.
4. Who do the Singers say speaks for all of France?
(b) No one.
5. What does Marat demand be done with the seized farmland?
(a) It should be used for military exercises.
(b) It should be converted into a public park.
(c) It should be divided into allotments.
(d) Schools should be built on it.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Marat, why is the rumor being spread that wages will soon be raised?
2. Who speaks the final words of the first act?
3. In Scene 27, which character accuses Marat of handing the country over to the lowest common denominator?
4. In Scene 27, to whom does Marat accuse the generals of being loyal?
5. When Coulmier interrupts Roux in Scene 19, what does he claim everyone in modern-day France is?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)