|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Sade compare Marat's bath in Scene 15?
(a) A womb.
(c) The ocean.
(d) A dungeon.
2. Which of the following is not a term hurled at the poor when a shop is looted?
(b) Gutter rats.
3. Which world does Roux utter in Scene 4 before being shushed by Coulmier?
4. In Marat's rant in Scene 9, where does he say the Parisian hypocrites where the crown?
(a) Their hose.
(b) Their hearts.
(c) Their underwear.
(d) Their caps.
5. How old is Marat when the events of the play begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not an example Coulmier offers of the Church assisting the poor?
2. What part of the new ruling class's body is enormous, according to Kokol?
3. Who does the Herald signal in Scene 3?
4. From what French town does Corday reside?
5. What actions are the Male Nurses performing at the top of the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the argument Sade and Marat have regarding compassion.
2. What is the topic of Corday's song in Scene 7?
3. What is Corday's primary fear regarding the revolution?
4. What is Sade's ultimate attitude toward Marat?
5. What are Sade's expectations of the Revolution, and are they realized?
6. What does Sade say in Scene 24 to appease Coulmier?
7. Who is present on behalf of the asylum to oversee the Patients?
8. Describe the events related in Scene 31.
9. How does the Herald characterize Sade?
10. How does Corday's sickness affect her performance?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)