|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Marat never moves from a certain location. What is that location?
(a) A bench.
(b) A chair.
(c) A bath.
(d) A cage.
2. In her Scene 7 song, Corday says that which two words meant different things to her and Marat?
(a) Freedom and mercy.
(b) Wealth and poverty.
(c) Love and change.
(d) Action and fear.
3. Which of the following is not a term hurled at the poor when a shop is looted?
(c) Gutter rats.
4. In the beginning of Scene 6, a patient claims that all are free and equal to do what?
5. As Marat and Sade argue in Scene 15, what does Sade conclude no longer interests him?
(b) The individual.
(c) The Revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Dupperet's articles of clothing is mentioned by the Herald in Scene 4?
2. Which character's name does the Chorus chant in unison during Scene 7?
3. Which character's name does the Heral mention appearing on Marat's black list in Scene 4?
4. What part of Corday's body does the Salesman admire in the dagger-purchasing mime?
5. In Scene 10, what do the Singers mention is clogging the sewers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Coulmier stop the play in Scene 6?
2. How has the role of Jacques Roux been changed by Coulmier?
3. How does Corday's sickness affect her performance?
4. How does the unrest begin in the Epilogue?
5. What are Marat's grievances in his imaginary session with the imaginary National Assembly of Scene 27?
6. How does Duperret's affliction affect his performance in Scene 17?
7. How do the actors' mental afflictions affect their performances?
8. Describe Jacques Roux.
9. How does Sade explain his current role in the Revolution?
10. Describe Corday and Duperret's interchange in Scene 29.
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)