|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what building does Corday compare Paris in Scene 10?
(a) A slaughterhouse.
(b) An outhouse.
(c) A public bath.
(d) A cathedral.
2. What aspect of Charlotte Corday does the Herald apologize to the audience for mentioning?
(a) Her attractiveness.
(b) Her wealth.
(c) Her madness.
(d) Her moral laxness.
3. What part of the new ruling class's body is enormous, according to Kokol?
(a) Their stomachs.
(b) Their arses.
(c) Their heads.
(d) Their genitals.
4. How does Sade characterize the process by which Revolutionaries dole out death sentences?
5. What mimic do the patients perform in the background of Scene 11?
(a) A cricket match.
(b) An execution.
(c) A mass.
(d) A street scene.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object is Marat staring at as he writes at the beginning of Scene 7?
2. What famous French text does Coulmier invoke in his Scene 2 speech?
3. For what affliction is Marat always submerged in a bath?
4. Who accompanies Coulmier when he enters the stage?
5. In her Scene 7 song, Corday says that which two words meant different things to her and Marat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the state of Marat's health in Scene 7?
2. How doe Marat and Sade differ in their attitudes toward violent action?
3. What final points does Coulmier make in the Epilogue?
4. What proclamation about nationalism does Sade make in Scene 18?
5. Who is present on behalf of the asylum to oversee the Patients?
6. How does the Herald set the scene at the end of Scene 4?
7. Why is Marat particularly outraged by aristocratic revulsion at the executions?
8. What is Corday's primary fear regarding the revolution?
9. Why does Sade feel the need to write horrific stories of aristocrats while in the Bastille?
10. What recommendation does Duperret make to Corday in Scene 17?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)