|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In her Scene 7 song, Corday says that which two words meant different things to her and Marat?
(a) Freedom and mercy.
(b) Wealth and poverty.
(c) Action and fear.
(d) Love and change.
2. Which of the following groups is not one lambasted by the singers of Scene 5?
3. As the chorus sings about the Revolution, what body part do they say is bleeding?
4. At the end of Scene 5, the Herald announces that unrest has been replace by what?
5. At the beginning of Scene 8, what does Simone implore Marat to stop doing?
(b) Scratching himself.
(d) Staying awake all night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is not one of the Singers?
2. At the beginning of the song in Scene 10, what emotion has nearly defeated Corday?
3. Who accompanies Marat at his static position at the beginning of the play?
4. Who does Coulmier thank at the beginning of his speech in Scene 2?
5. What disease's effects are the wigs described in Scene 10 intended to conceal?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has the role of Jacques Roux been changed by Coulmier?
2. In 1793, what is the common people's attitude toward the new ruling class in France?
3. In Scene 8, how does Marat explain that the expectations of the Revolution proved faulty?
4. How does Corday's sickness affect her performance?
5. Describe Jacques Roux.
6. What role does Marat imply he wants to play in France in Scene 27?
7. What point about social status does the Herald make when he introduces the Singers?
8. In what way does Coulmier claim the bathouse is a particularly appropriate setting for Sade's play?
9. Who is present on behalf of the asylum to oversee the Patients?
10. What is the role of the audience in the play?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)