|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 13, what role did the kings hold to the people?
2. At the beginning of Scene 8, what does Simone implore Marat to stop doing?
(c) Scratching himself.
(d) Staying awake all night.
3. What right's inclusion in the Revolution's declaration does Marat lament at the end of Scene 15?
(a) Freedom from want.
(c) A fair trial.
4. At the end of Scene 11, where does Corday imagine she is?
(a) In Caen.
(b) In heaven.
(c) At Marat's lodging.
(d) On the execution scaffold.
5. Which of Dupperet's articles of clothing is mentioned by the Herald in Scene 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Herald signal in Scene 3?
2. What disease's effects are the wigs described in Scene 10 intended to conceal?
3. From what affliction does the actress playing Corday suffer?
4. According to Marat in Scene 11, where did the aristocrats allow the poor to die slowly?
5. In what way does Coulmier protest Sade must present his play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Coulmier outraged by Marat's Liturgy?
2. How does the actress playing Corday nearly ruin the play in Scene 9?
3. Describe Corday and Duperret's interchange in Scene 29.
4. In Scene 8, how does Marat explain that the expectations of the Revolution proved faulty?
5. How does Sade explain his current role in the Revolution?
6. What is Corday's primary fear regarding the revolution?
7. What false story does Corday deliver in her first visit to Marat's lodging?
8. Why does Marat regret the inclusion of private property in the Declaration of Human Rights?
9. Who is present on behalf of the asylum to oversee the Patients?
10. Explain the message of the song Poor Old Marat in Scene 21.
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)