|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Herald signal in Scene 3?
(b) The Male Nurses.
(d) The Orchestra.
2. According to the Herald, what do Marat and Simone share in addition to a vision of France?
(a) A bed.
(b) Simone's money.
(c) A faith in God.
(d) The same parents.
3. Who stops Corday from prematurely murdering Marat in Scene 9?
(d) A sister.
4. In the beginning of Scene 6, a patient claims that all are free and equal to do what?
5. Which of the follow is not something the singers of Scene 5 suggest be done to the ruling class of 1793?
(a) Give them the axe.
(b) Break them.
(c) Jail them.
(d) Bribe them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mimic do the patients perform in the background of Scene 11?
2. Which two animals do the singers invoke to describe Marat in Scene 5?
3. Marat never moves from a certain location. What is that location?
4. What do the assembled inmates do in Scene 3?
5. What does Simone tell Corday to do when she sends her away in Scene 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What recommendation does Coulmier make to Sade and the assembled actors at the end of Scene 6?
2. Explain the message of the song Poor Old Marat in Scene 21.
3. How does the cast indicate the beginning of performance in Scene 3?
4. Describe Jacques Roux.
5. What is the state of Marat's health in Scene 7?
6. How does Sade explain his current role in the Revolution?
7. Besides Coulmier, who interrupts the action of the play in this section?
8. In Scene 28, how do the Singers tell Marat he could avoid his death?
9. How does the actress playing Corday nearly ruin the play in Scene 9?
10. In 1793, what is the common people's attitude toward the new ruling class in France?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)