|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease's effects are the wigs described in Scene 10 intended to conceal?
2. In what year is The Marat/Sade set?
3. From what French town does Corday reside?
4. What aspect of Charlotte Corday does the Herald apologize to the audience for mentioning?
(a) Her madness.
(b) Her attractiveness.
(c) Her moral laxness.
(d) Her wealth.
5. Marat never moves from a certain location. What is that location?
(a) A bench.
(b) A bath.
(c) A chair.
(d) A cage.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Marat when the events of the play begin?
2. What is the "lurid star" under which the Herald says Sade came to the asylum?
3. At the end of Scene 11, where does Corday imagine she is?
4. In what way does Coulmier protest Sade must present his play?
5. What does Coulmier protest he must be when he interrupts the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Sade's expectations of the Revolution, and are they realized?
2. In Scene 8, how does Marat explain that the expectations of the Revolution proved faulty?
3. How does Sade explain his current role in the Revolution?
4. What are Marat's grievances in his imaginary session with the imaginary National Assembly of Scene 27?
5. What proclamation about nationalism does Sade make in Scene 18?
6. How does the Herald describe Marat in Scene 4?
7. To what extent are Coulmier's fears throughout the play well-founded?
8. What does Sade say in Scene 24 to appease Coulmier?
9. How does Roux respond to Marat in Scene 26?
10. How does the cast indicate the beginning of performance in Scene 3?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)