|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which philosopher does Corday cite in her song in Scene 7?
2. Which of Dupperet's articles of clothing is mentioned by the Herald in Scene 4?
3. What is Coulmier's official position?
(b) Director of the Asylum.
(c) Ambassador from the Emperor.
4. What aspect of Charlotte Corday does the Herald apologize to the audience for mentioning?
(a) Her wealth.
(b) Her attractiveness.
(c) Her madness.
(d) Her moral laxness.
5. Who shouts "Long live the Revolution" midway through the Homage to Marat?
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Corday's body does the Salesman admire in the dagger-purchasing mime?
2. What mental affliction does the actor playing Marat have?
3. Who sings to the riled patients at the end of Scene 6?
4. What word do the patients chant in unison in Scene 6?
5. Where on her body does Corday carry her knife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Marat's grievances in his imaginary session with the imaginary National Assembly of Scene 27?
2. In 1793, what is the common people's attitude toward the new ruling class in France?
3. How does the Herald calm Coulmier in Scene 11?
4. Who is present on behalf of the asylum to oversee the Patients?
5. What is the nature of Marat's life in 1793?
6. Why does Marat regret the inclusion of private property in the Declaration of Human Rights?
7. Describe the events related in Scene 31.
8. In Scene 28, how do the Singers tell Marat he could avoid his death?
9. Describe the world that Corday and Duperret describe in Scene 22.
10. In what way does Coulmier claim the bathouse is a particularly appropriate setting for Sade's play?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)