|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sade characterize the process by which Revolutionaries dole out death sentences?
2. What mental affliction does the actor playing Marat have?
(b) Manic depression.
3. To what does the Herald compare Marat's skin in Scene 4?
4. With what adjective does Coulmier describe the keepers of the asylum in Scene 2?
5. What is the basis for all life, according to Sade's works?
Short Answer Questions
1. What action is Simone performing at the beginning of Scene 3?
2. What Holocaust term does Sade use in describing mankind's inclination to kill in Scene 12?
3. For what affliction is Marat always submerged in a bath?
4. Who accompanies Marat at his static position at the beginning of the play?
5. What character enters in the first scene at Sade beckon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Coulmier outraged by Marat's Liturgy?
2. Describe the setting of the play.
3. What proclamation about nationalism does Sade make in Scene 18?
4. What historical events have occurred in France in the four years prior to the events of the play-within-the-play?
5. What is the topic of Corday's song in Scene 7?
6. How does the unrest begin in the Epilogue?
7. How does Duperret's affliction affect his performance in Scene 17?
8. Why does Coulmier stop the play in Scene 6?
9. Describe the world that Corday and Duperret describe in Scene 22.
10. How does the Herald calm Coulmier in Scene 11?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)