|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which woman in the cast serves as Marat's nurse?
(b) Coulmier's Wife.
2. In Marat's rant in Scene 9, where does he say the Parisian hypocrites where the crown?
(a) Their caps.
(b) Their hearts.
(c) Their underwear.
(d) Their hose.
3. At the end of Scene 5, the Herald announces that unrest has been replace by what?
4. What object is Marat staring at as he writes at the beginning of Scene 7?
(a) A knife.
(b) A portrait of Rousseau.
(c) His bath.
(d) A map.
5. In the beginning of Scene 6, a patient claims that all are free and equal to do what?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 12, Marat accuses Sade of lacking what?
2. What is the "lurid star" under which the Herald says Sade came to the asylum?
3. According to Corday's song in Scene 7, to what does Marat's way lead?
4. Which world does Roux utter in Scene 4 before being shushed by Coulmier?
5. According to Marat in Scene 11, where did the aristocrats allow the poor to die slowly?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Herald describe Marat in Scene 4?
2. What proclamation about nationalism does Sade make in Scene 18?
3. How do the actors' mental afflictions affect their performances?
4. What recommendation does Coulmier make to Sade and the assembled actors at the end of Scene 6?
5. What is the topic of Corday's song in Scene 7?
6. In Scene 8, how does Marat explain that the expectations of the Revolution proved faulty?
7. How does Duperret's affliction affect his performance in Scene 17?
8. What is Sade's ultimate attitude toward Marat?
9. How doe Marat and Sade differ in their attitudes toward violent action?
10. How does the Herald characterize Sade?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)