|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What abstract purveyor of death does Sade say he hates in Scene 12?
(c) The Revolution.
2. Who does Coulmier thank at the beginning of his speech in Scene 2?
(c) The audience.
3. According to the Herald at the beginning of Scene 7, to what voice is Marat listening as he writes?
(a) The people's voice.
(b) His fever's voice.
(c) Simone's voice.
(d) God's voice.
4. What was Jacques Roux's former profession?
5. Where does Corday tell Simone that Marat's enemies are gathering in Scene 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Coulmier when he enters the stage?
2. What aspect of Charlotte Corday does the Herald apologize to the audience for mentioning?
3. In what room of the asylum does the play take place?
4. Which woman in the cast serves as Marat's nurse?
5. In Scene 13, what does Marat say is the essential lie the ruling class gave the poor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What point about social status does the Herald make when he introduces the Singers?
2. How does the Herald characterize Sade?
3. What false story does Corday deliver in her first visit to Marat's lodging?
4. Why is Coulmier outraged by Marat's Liturgy?
5. What is the state of the Revolution in 1793, according to the Singers in Scene 5?
6. What is the execution of Damiens and what does it signify to Sade?
7. How does the actress playing Corday nearly ruin the play in Scene 9?
8. In Scene 8, how does Marat explain that the expectations of the Revolution proved faulty?
9. How does Coulmier characterize the asylum in Scene 2?
10. How does Duperret's affliction affect his performance in Scene 17?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)