Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years has the Marquis de Sade been living at Charenton at the time of the play?
2. With what adjective does Coulmier describe the keepers of the asylum in Scene 2?
3. To what does the Herald compare Marat's skin in Scene 4?
4. Who is attending Corday in the first scene of the play?
(a) Two male nurses.
(d) Two sisters.
5. Which character's name does the Heral mention appearing on Marat's black list in Scene 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What device's "singing" is Corday said to have hears in Scene 10?
2. What do the assembled inmates do in Scene 3?
3. In what French town is the play's asylum located?
4. In her Scene 7 song, Corday says that which two words meant different things to her and Marat?
5. Coulmier protests in Scene 11 that he brought in the public to show that his patients are not what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the unrest begin in the Epilogue?
2. What is the role of the audience in the play?
3. How does Corday's sickness affect her performance?
4. Describe the events related in Scene 31.
5. What interrupts the murder of Marat in Scene 31?
6. Describe Corday and Duperret's interchange in Scene 29.
7. What point about social status does the Herald make when he introduces the Singers?
8. What satirical argument does Sade make about the aristocracy at the end of this section?
9. What do the apparitions of Scene 26 reveal about Marat?
10. How does Roux respond to Marat in Scene 26?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)