|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things does Corday claim Marat wants in Scene 17?
(a) Anonymity and peace.
(b) Law and order.
(c) Anarchy and confusion.
(d) Wealth and preference.
2. In appeasing Coulmier in Scene 18, which is not a group to which the Singers pledge fidelity?
3. Which of the following words is not chanted by the inmates at the end of the play?
4. Which famous Revolutionary figure does Marat accuse of turning white at the mention of force?
5. Who begins throwing items at the nurses during the Epilogue?
6. What color is Corday's hair?
7. In Scene 23, what does Marat warn the rich will do the the poor at a moment's notice?
(a) Burn down their homes.
(b) Turn them out on the streets.
(c) Send them to war.
(d) Have them killed.
8. What are the fates of both Duperret and Corday after Marat's murder?
(a) The are exiled from France.
(b) They are executed.
(c) They go into hiding.
(d) They are given positions in Danton's government.
9. What is the name of the man to whom Marat dictates his calls to the people?
10. What does Sade want remembered about himself after his death?
(a) His work with the Revolution.
(b) His mad actions.
(d) His writings.
11. How do the Singers say they will impart the words they cannot speak freely?
(a) Breathe them in our ear.
(b) Keep them to themselves.
(c) Carve them into our skin.
(d) Shout them from the rafters.
12. Who separates Duperrat and Corday when the former begins to molest the latter?
(b) A sister.
(d) A male nurse.
13. Which character does not sing at all during the play?
14. Which of the following items is not something Marat blindly seeks in his fever at the beginning of Scene 21?
(a) His paper.
(b) His compress.
(c) His ink.
(d) His pen.
15. As a judge in Revolutionary tribunals, what does Sade find himself unable to do?
(a) Look victims in the eyes.
(b) Show mercy.
(c) Sentence men to death.
(d) Stay awake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Simone think she sees in the sky in Scene 21?
2. Who speaks the final words of the first act?
3. According to the Singers at the end of Scene 25, what can Marat not cure?
4. According to the Herald in Scene 31, what does Sade intend to show Marat before the murder?
5. Who interrupts the song several times during the Epilogue?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)