|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Singers say they will impart the words they cannot speak freely?
(a) Shout them from the rafters.
(b) Keep them to themselves.
(c) Breathe them in our ear.
(d) Carve them into our skin.
2. Which of the following words is not chanted by the inmates at the end of the play?
3. Who interrupts the song several times during the Epilogue?
4. What was the subject of the suppressed work that Marat describes in Scene 28?
(a) Social action.
(b) The soul.
5. What affliction of Marat does the Schoolmaster mock in Scene 26?
(a) A skin disease.
(b) A chronic fever.
(c) A stutter.
(d) A lisp.
6. According to the Singers at the end of Scene 25, what can Marat not cure?
(a) All social ills.
(b) The cancer on the National Assembly.
(c) A beheaded aristocrat.
(d) His own disease.
7. What is Sade doing in the final moments of the play?
8. Where did Corday spend her youth?
(b) A military barracks.
(d) A convent.
9. Which of the following groups is not one that Coulmier interrupts the play to defend?
(a) The post-Revolutionary politicians.
(b) The soldiers.
(c) The priests.
(d) The high academics.
10. Which of the following body parts is not one Corday mentions still having life after beheading in Scene 29?
11. Which famous Revolutionary figure does Marat accuse of turning white at the mention of force?
12. What affliction begins to show itself in Sade as he is whipped?
(a) Heart palpitations.
(c) Profuse sweating.
13. Which French Minister does Marat accuse of counterfeiting banknotes?
(a) The Minister of Labor.
(b) The Minister of Commerce.
(c) The Minister of Finance.
(d) The Minister of Trade.
14. What doe the Singers complain still goes on in secret at the end of Scene 24?
15. Near the end of Scene 27, what word does Marat say should be abolished?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Marat in Scene 27, what has the Minister of War sold to France's enemies?
2. Which of the following is something that Sade claims the hypothetical Revolutionaries expect from the Revolution?
3. Which of the following is not something that Duperret accuses Mara of being in Scene 17?
4. According to Marat, why is the rumor being spread that wages will soon be raised?
5. Which of the following is not something the Singers accuse the rich of hoarding at the beginning of Scene 16?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)