|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following items is not something Marat blindly seeks in his fever at the beginning of Scene 21?
(a) His ink.
(b) His pen.
(c) His compress.
(d) His paper.
2. In Scene 18, for what group does Marat say the Revolution was fought?
(a) The military.
(b) The poor.
(c) The politicians.
3. Why do the people love Marat, according to Sade in the beginning of Scene 20?
(a) He will speak for them.
(b) He will suffer for them.
(c) He will die for them.
(d) He will fight for them.
4. Who separates Duperrat and Corday when the former begins to molest the latter?
(a) A male nurse.
(b) A sister.
5. What does Sade want remembered about himself after his death?
(a) His mad actions.
(c) His writings.
(d) His work with the Revolution.
6. In Scene 30, Sade tells Marat that his writings mean nothing compared to what?
(a) Corday's body.
(b) The death they inspired.
(c) Sade's writings.
(d) The indifference of history.
7. Into what does Roux demand the churches of France be converted?
(b) Soup kitchens.
8. Which of the following is not something the Singers accuse the rich of hoarding at the beginning of Scene 16?
9. Which French Minister does Marat accuse of counterfeiting banknotes?
(a) The Minister of Labor.
(b) The Minister of Commerce.
(c) The Minister of Trade.
(d) The Minister of Finance.
10. What does Sade say is essential to any real revolution in Scene 30?
(d) A goal.
11. How many years does the Interruptus cover?
12. What affliction begins to show itself in Sade as he is whipped?
(c) Heart palpitations.
(d) Profuse sweating.
13. What was the subject of the suppressed work that Marat describes in Scene 28?
(a) The soul.
(c) Social action.
14. Which of the following vocations is not mentioned among Sage's eight fictional artisans in Scene 24?
(a) A wine-maker.
(b) A cobbler.
(c) A cook.
(d) A masseuse.
15. Which book of the Old Testament does Corday read in Caen?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Coulmier interrupts Roux in Scene 19, what does he claim everyone in modern-day France is?
2. Near the end of Scene 27, what word does Marat say should be abolished?
3. Who has the final line of the play?
4. What is the forbidden word that that Duperret says France is speaking at the end of Scene 17?
5. What memorial of Marat does Sade prophesy the people will smash?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)