|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a judge in Revolutionary tribunals, what does Sade find himself unable to do?
(a) Sentence men to death.
(b) Show mercy.
(c) Look victims in the eyes.
(d) Stay awake.
2. Which of the following is not something the Singers accuse the rich of hoarding at the beginning of Scene 16?
3. Who has the final line of the play?
4. Why do the people love Marat, according to Sade in the beginning of Scene 20?
(a) He will suffer for them.
(b) He will die for them.
(c) He will fight for them.
(d) He will speak for them.
5. Near the end of Scene 27, what word does Marat say should be abolished?
6. In Scene 28, Sade says that he wrote his lost masterpiece on what?
(a) A long roll or paper.
(b) The walls of a prison cell.
(d) The skin of a prostitute.
7. Which of the following vocations is not mentioned among Sage's eight fictional artisans in Scene 24?
(a) A masseuse.
(b) A cook.
(c) A cobbler.
(d) A wine-maker.
8. What was the subject of the suppressed work that Marat describes in Scene 28?
(a) The soul.
(b) Social action.
9. According to Marat in Scene 27, what has the Minister of War sold to France's enemies?
(a) State secrets.
(d) His chateau.
10. What part of Corday's body does Duperret kiss repeatedly in Scene 22?
(a) Her neck.
(b) Her hand.
(c) Her breast.
(d) Her leg.
11. What does Sade say is essential to any real revolution in Scene 30?
(c) A goal.
12. In appeasing Coulmier in Scene 18, which is not a group to which the Singers pledge fidelity?
13. Who speaks the final words of the first act?
14. Which famous Revolutionary figure does Marat accuse of turning white at the mention of force?
15. In Scene 30, how does Corday respond to Duperret's entreaty to leave Paris?
(a) She kisses him goodbye.
(b) She calls the police to her assistance.
(c) She kicks him.
(d) She agrees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following items is not something Marat blindly seeks in his fever at the beginning of Scene 21?
2. In Scene 23, what does Marat warn the rich will do the the poor at a moment's notice?
3. What is Sade doing in the final moments of the play?
4. Which French Minister does Marat accuse of counterfeiting banknotes?
5. Which of the following inmates is strait-jacketed throughout the entire play?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)