|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Coulmier invite the audience to do at the beginning of the Epilogue?
(a) Embrace the newly-won peace of the present.
(b) Attend some post-performance drinks.
(c) Meet the actors.
(d) Close the history book.
2. Who has the final line of the play?
3. What part of Corday's body does Duperret kiss repeatedly in Scene 22?
(a) Her hand.
(b) Her breast.
(c) Her neck.
(d) Her leg.
4. In Scene 27, which character accuses Marat of handing the country over to the lowest common denominator?
5. Which of the following items is not something Marat blindly seeks in his fever at the beginning of Scene 21?
(a) His compress.
(b) His ink.
(c) His paper.
(d) His pen.
6. At the end of Scene 28, the Singers complain that Marat's writings have done what to France?
(a) Set it ablaze.
(b) Covered it in blood.
(c) Confused its people.
(d) Weakened it irreparably.
7. Near the end of Scene 27, what word does Marat say should be abolished?
8. Who speaks the final words of the first act?
9. What institution's sacking does Sade recall witnessing in this section?
(a) A library.
(b) An art museum.
(c) A manor.
(d) A convent.
10. How many years does the Interruptus cover?
11. In Scene 28, Sade says that he wrote his lost masterpiece on what?
(a) The skin of a prostitute.
(b) A long roll or paper.
(d) The walls of a prison cell.
12. What does Simone think she sees in the sky in Scene 21?
(a) An eclipse.
(b) The moon.
(d) The hand of God.
13. In Scene 30, Sade tells Marat that his writings mean nothing compared to what?
(a) Sade's writings.
(b) Corday's body.
(c) The death they inspired.
(d) The indifference of history.
14. Who is the first voice from Marat's past to speak in Scene 26?
(a) His father.
(b) His schoolmaster.
(c) His mother.
(d) A military representative.
15. Which of the following body parts is not one Corday mentions still having life after beheading in Scene 29?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 30, how does Corday respond to Duperret's entreaty to leave Paris?
2. In the Singers' Scene 21 song, what has just been destroyed?
3. According to the Herald in Scene 31, what does Sade intend to show Marat before the murder?
4. In Scene 18, for what group does Marat say the Revolution was fought?
5. In Scene 27, to whom does Marat accuse the generals of being loyal?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)