|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Near the end of Scene 27, what word does Marat say should be abolished?
2. Who is the first voice from Marat's past to speak in Scene 26?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His schoolmaster.
(d) A military representative.
3. How many years does the Interruptus cover?
4. According to Marat in Scene 27, what has the Minister of War sold to France's enemies?
(a) His chateau.
(c) State secrets.
5. What affliction of Marat does the Schoolmaster mock in Scene 26?
(a) A chronic fever.
(b) A stutter.
(c) A skin disease.
(d) A lisp.
6. Which character does not sing at all during the play?
7. Who speaks the final words of the first act?
8. When Coulmier interrupts Roux in Scene 19, what does he claim everyone in modern-day France is?
(a) A revolutionary.
(b) A millionaire.
(c) A nationalist.
(d) A peacemaker.
9. Who has the final line of the play?
10. Which of the following words is not chanted by the inmates at the end of the play?
11. How does Sade characterize his current station in the Revolution?
12. At the end of Scene 16, the Harald claims the players want to see the people live in harmony with what?
(b) The Church.
(d) The military.
13. Which of the following is something that Sade claims the hypothetical Revolutionaries expect from the Revolution?
(a) New shoes.
(b) A bigger house.
(c) Bags of gold.
(d) A milder summer.
14. How do the Singers say they will impart the words they cannot speak freely?
(a) Carve them into our skin.
(b) Breathe them in our ear.
(c) Shout them from the rafters.
(d) Keep them to themselves.
15. What is the forbidden word that that Duperret says France is speaking at the end of Scene 17?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 28, Sade says that he wrote his lost masterpiece on what?
2. In Scene 18, for what group does Marat say the Revolution was fought?
3. Which of the following body parts is not one Corday mentions still having life after beheading in Scene 29?
4. Which of the following items is not something Marat blindly seeks in his fever at the beginning of Scene 21?
5. In Scene 27, to whom does Marat accuse the generals of being loyal?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)