|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who speaks the final words of the first act?
2. In the Singers' Scene 21 song, what has just been destroyed?
(a) Marat's front door.
(b) Marat's printing press.
(c) The central guillotine scaffold.
(d) Corday's carriage.
3. Who is in charge of France at the end of the Interruptus narrative?
(d) Louis XV.
4. In Scene 23, what does Marat warn the rich will do the the poor at a moment's notice?
(a) Burn down their homes.
(b) Send them to war.
(c) Have them killed.
(d) Turn them out on the streets.
5. What is Sade doing in the final moments of the play?
6. Who do the Singers say speaks for all of France?
(d) No one.
7. What are the fates of both Duperret and Corday after Marat's murder?
(a) The are exiled from France.
(b) They are given positions in Danton's government.
(c) They are executed.
(d) They go into hiding.
8. Which of the following is not something that Duperret accuses Mara of being in Scene 17?
(a) A dictator.
(b) A layabout.
(c) A salesman.
(d) A Jew.
9. Which of the following vocations is not mentioned among Sage's eight fictional artisans in Scene 24?
(a) A cook.
(b) A cobbler.
(c) A masseuse.
(d) A wine-maker.
10. According to the Singers at the end of Scene 25, what can Marat not cure?
(a) His own disease.
(b) The cancer on the National Assembly.
(c) All social ills.
(d) A beheaded aristocrat.
11. What two things does Corday claim Marat wants in Scene 17?
(a) Anarchy and confusion.
(b) Anonymity and peace.
(c) Wealth and preference.
(d) Law and order.
12. Which of the following groups is not one that Coulmier interrupts the play to defend?
(a) The high academics.
(b) The priests.
(c) The soldiers.
(d) The post-Revolutionary politicians.
13. Who interrupts the song several times during the Epilogue?
14. Which of the following is something that Sade claims the hypothetical Revolutionaries expect from the Revolution?
(a) A milder summer.
(b) New shoes.
(c) Bags of gold.
(d) A bigger house.
15. In Scene 30, how does Corday respond to Duperret's entreaty to leave Paris?
(a) She calls the police to her assistance.
(b) She kisses him goodbye.
(c) She kicks him.
(d) She agrees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first voice from Marat's past to speak in Scene 26?
2. In Scene 27, which character accuses Marat of handing the country over to the lowest common denominator?
3. What doe the Singers complain still goes on in secret at the end of Scene 24?
4. According to the Herald in Scene 31, what does Sade intend to show Marat before the murder?
5. According to Marat in Scene 27, what has the Minister of War sold to France's enemies?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)