|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 23, what does Marat warn the rich will do the the poor at a moment's notice?
(a) Send them to war.
(b) Turn them out on the streets.
(c) Have them killed.
(d) Burn down their homes.
2. Which famous Revolutionary figure does Marat accuse of turning white at the mention of force?
3. What is the name of the man to whom Marat dictates his calls to the people?
4. At the end of Scene 28, the Singers complain that Marat's writings have done what to France?
(a) Weakened it irreparably.
(b) Set it ablaze.
(c) Confused its people.
(d) Covered it in blood.
5. As a judge in Revolutionary tribunals, what does Sade find himself unable to do?
(a) Sentence men to death.
(b) Stay awake.
(c) Show mercy.
(d) Look victims in the eyes.
6. In Scene 27, which character accuses Marat of handing the country over to the lowest common denominator?
7. According to the Singers at the end of Scene 25, what can Marat not cure?
(a) His own disease.
(b) A beheaded aristocrat.
(c) All social ills.
(d) The cancer on the National Assembly.
8. Who speaks the final words of the first act?
9. Who begins throwing items at the nurses during the Epilogue?
10. Where did Corday spend her youth?
(a) A convent.
(b) A military barracks.
11. Which book of the Old Testament does Corday read in Caen?
12. According to Corday in Scene 29, who fills the prisons of Paris?
(a) Her friends.
(b) Innocent men.
(c) Charlatans and rakes.
13. Which of the following body parts is not one Corday mentions still having life after beheading in Scene 29?
14. How does Sade characterize his current station in the Revolution?
15. Which of the following is not something that Duperret accuses Mara of being in Scene 17?
(a) A Jew.
(b) A layabout.
(c) A salesman.
(d) A dictator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Coulmier invite the audience to do at the beginning of the Epilogue?
2. According to the Herald in Scene 31, what does Sade intend to show Marat before the murder?
3. Into what does Roux demand the churches of France be converted?
4. What does Marat demand be done with the seized farmland?
5. In Scene 28, Sade says that he wrote his lost masterpiece on what?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)