|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has the final line of the play?
2. Near the end of Scene 27, what word does Marat say should be abolished?
3. According to the Singers at the end of Scene 25, what can Marat not cure?
(a) All social ills.
(b) A beheaded aristocrat.
(c) His own disease.
(d) The cancer on the National Assembly.
4. What affliction of Marat does the Schoolmaster mock in Scene 26?
(a) A stutter.
(b) A skin disease.
(c) A lisp.
(d) A chronic fever.
5. In Scene 27, which character accuses Marat of handing the country over to the lowest common denominator?
6. Who interrupts the song several times during the Epilogue?
7. Which of the following is not something that Duperret accuses Mara of being in Scene 17?
(a) A salesman.
(b) A layabout.
(c) A Jew.
(d) A dictator.
8. In Scene 30, how does Corday respond to Duperret's entreaty to leave Paris?
(a) She agrees.
(b) She kicks him.
(c) She kisses him goodbye.
(d) She calls the police to her assistance.
9. According to the Herald in Scene 31, what does Sade intend to show Marat before the murder?
(a) The future.
(b) The full conspiracy against him.
(c) The afterlife.
10. According to the Herald in Scene 19, what is the most sympathetic way to be executed?
(c) The guillotine.
(d) Burning at the stake.
11. Which character does not sing at all during the play?
12. Which of the following is something that Coulmier claims is absent in 1808?
(b) Social inequity.
(d) Violent crimes.
13. Who is in charge of France at the end of the Interruptus narrative?
(b) Louis XV.
14. Into what does Roux demand the churches of France be converted?
(c) Soup kitchens.
15. Which book of the Old Testament does Corday read in Caen?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 18, for what group does Marat say the Revolution was fought?
2. Who do the Singers say speaks for all of France?
3. What are the fates of both Duperret and Corday after Marat's murder?
4. Which French Minister does Marat accuse of counterfeiting banknotes?
5. Which of the following groups is not one that Coulmier interrupts the play to defend?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)