|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Corday's hair?
2. What does Sade want remembered about himself after his death?
(a) His mad actions.
(b) His writings.
(c) His work with the Revolution.
3. What was the subject of the suppressed work that Marat describes in Scene 28?
(a) Social action.
(c) The soul.
4. What does Sade say is essential to any real revolution in Scene 30?
(d) A goal.
5. What affliction begins to show itself in Sade as he is whipped?
(a) Profuse sweating.
(c) Heart palpitations.
6. What is the name of the man to whom Marat dictates his calls to the people?
7. How many years does the Interruptus cover?
8. In Scene 18, for what group does Marat say the Revolution was fought?
(a) The politicians.
(b) The military.
(c) The poor.
9. In Scene 25, Which of the following roles is not one that Simone claims petitioners expect Marat to enact?
10. Which of the following is something that Sade claims the hypothetical Revolutionaries expect from the Revolution?
(a) Bags of gold.
(b) New shoes.
(c) A bigger house.
(d) A milder summer.
11. What part of Corday's body does Duperret kiss repeatedly in Scene 22?
(a) Her neck.
(b) Her breast.
(c) Her hand.
(d) Her leg.
12. Which of the following is not something the Singers accuse the rich of hoarding at the beginning of Scene 16?
13. According to the Herald in Scene 19, what is the most sympathetic way to be executed?
(a) The guillotine.
(c) Burning at the stake.
14. Who is the first voice from Marat's past to speak in Scene 26?
(a) A military representative.
(b) His schoolmaster.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
15. In Scene 30, Sade tells Marat that his writings mean nothing compared to what?
(a) Sade's writings.
(b) The indifference of history.
(c) Corday's body.
(d) The death they inspired.
Short Answer Questions
1. What affliction of Marat does the Schoolmaster mock in Scene 26?
2. Which French Minister does Marat accuse of counterfeiting banknotes?
3. Who begins throwing items at the nurses during the Epilogue?
4. Which of the following body parts is not one Corday mentions still having life after beheading in Scene 29?
5. Which of the following inmates is strait-jacketed throughout the entire play?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)