|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not something that Duperret accuses Mara of being in Scene 17?
(a) A Jew.
(b) A salesman.
(c) A dictator.
(d) A layabout.
2. Which of the following inmates is strait-jacketed throughout the entire play?
3. In Scene 23, what does Marat warn the rich will do the the poor at a moment's notice?
(a) Burn down their homes.
(b) Have them killed.
(c) Send them to war.
(d) Turn them out on the streets.
4. In Scene 18, for what group does Marat say the Revolution was fought?
(a) The military.
(b) The politicians.
(c) The poor.
5. What was the subject of the suppressed work that Marat describes in Scene 28?
(b) The soul.
(d) Social action.
6. What memorial of Marat does Sade prophesy the people will smash?
(a) His urn.
(b) His home.
(c) His grave.
(d) His statue.
7. Which of the following items is not something Marat blindly seeks in his fever at the beginning of Scene 21?
(a) His pen.
(b) His ink.
(c) His compress.
(d) His paper.
8. What does Sade want remembered about himself after his death?
(a) His work with the Revolution.
(b) His writings.
(d) His mad actions.
9. What is Sade doing in the final moments of the play?
10. What affliction of Marat does the Schoolmaster mock in Scene 26?
(a) A chronic fever.
(b) A skin disease.
(c) A stutter.
(d) A lisp.
11. According to Corday in Scene 29, who fills the prisons of Paris?
(a) Charlatans and rakes.
(b) Her friends.
(c) Innocent men.
12. Who is in charge of France at the end of the Interruptus narrative?
(b) Louis XV.
13. What part of Corday's body does Duperret kiss repeatedly in Scene 22?
(a) Her leg.
(b) Her breast.
(c) Her neck.
(d) Her hand.
14. Who do the Singers say speaks for all of France?
(a) No one.
15. According to the Singers at the end of Scene 25, what can Marat not cure?
(a) All social ills.
(b) The cancer on the National Assembly.
(c) His own disease.
(d) A beheaded aristocrat.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Singers' Scene 21 song, what has just been destroyed?
2. Who interrupts the song several times during the Epilogue?
3. Which of the following vocations is not mentioned among Sage's eight fictional artisans in Scene 24?
4. Who whips Sade in Scene 20?
5. According to Marat in Scene 27, what has the Minister of War sold to France's enemies?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)