|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Corday's hair?
2. In Duperret's Scene 22 song, who is the only entity that man will be expected to obey in an ideal world?
(b) The market.
(d) The king.
3. What was the subject of the suppressed work that Marat describes in Scene 28?
(b) Social action.
(d) The soul.
4. Who speaks the final words of the first act?
5. In Scene 30, Sade tells Marat that his writings mean nothing compared to what?
(a) The indifference of history.
(b) The death they inspired.
(c) Corday's body.
(d) Sade's writings.
6. According to the Singers at the end of Scene 25, what can Marat not cure?
(a) A beheaded aristocrat.
(b) His own disease.
(c) The cancer on the National Assembly.
(d) All social ills.
7. What are the fates of both Duperret and Corday after Marat's murder?
(a) They are executed.
(b) The are exiled from France.
(c) They are given positions in Danton's government.
(d) They go into hiding.
8. What two things does Corday claim Marat wants in Scene 17?
(a) Law and order.
(b) Wealth and preference.
(c) Anonymity and peace.
(d) Anarchy and confusion.
9. In Scene 27, which character accuses Marat of handing the country over to the lowest common denominator?
10. What institution's sacking does Sade recall witnessing in this section?
(a) An art museum.
(b) A manor.
(c) A library.
(d) A convent.
11. Which of the following inmates is strait-jacketed throughout the entire play?
12. Where did Corday spend her youth?
(b) A convent.
(c) A military barracks.
13. Who separates Duperrat and Corday when the former begins to molest the latter?
(c) A sister.
(d) A male nurse.
14. What does Sade want remembered about himself after his death?
(a) His writings.
(b) His mad actions.
(c) His work with the Revolution.
15. In the Singers' Scene 21 song, what has just been destroyed?
(a) Marat's printing press.
(b) Corday's carriage.
(c) Marat's front door.
(d) The central guillotine scaffold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man to whom Marat dictates his calls to the people?
2. According to Marat in Scene 27, what has the Minister of War sold to France's enemies?
3. In Scene 30, how does Corday respond to Duperret's entreaty to leave Paris?
4. Which of the following is not something that Duperret accuses Mara of being in Scene 17?
5. In Scene 18, for what group does Marat say the Revolution was fought?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)