|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Singers at the end of Scene 25, what can Marat not cure?
(a) The cancer on the National Assembly.
(b) All social ills.
(c) His own disease.
(d) A beheaded aristocrat.
2. What affliction of Marat does the Schoolmaster mock in Scene 26?
(a) A stutter.
(b) A lisp.
(c) A chronic fever.
(d) A skin disease.
3. What doe the Singers complain still goes on in secret at the end of Scene 24?
4. Who is in charge of France at the end of the Interruptus narrative?
(d) Louis XV.
5. Which character does not sing at all during the play?
6. Which of the following is not something the Singers accuse the rich of hoarding at the beginning of Scene 16?
7. How many years does the Interruptus cover?
8. At the end of Scene 16, the Harald claims the players want to see the people live in harmony with what?
(a) The Church.
(d) The military.
9. Who do the Singers say speaks for all of France?
(a) No one.
10. In appeasing Coulmier in Scene 18, which is not a group to which the Singers pledge fidelity?
11. In the Singers' Scene 21 song, what has just been destroyed?
(a) Marat's printing press.
(b) Marat's front door.
(c) Corday's carriage.
(d) The central guillotine scaffold.
12. At the end of Scene 27, what does Duperret demand replace hysteria and fanaticism?
(a) Love and tenderness.
(b) Beauty and concord.
(c) Reconciliation and empathy.
(d) Calm and analysis.
13. Where did Corday spend her youth?
(b) A convent.
(c) A military barracks.
14. In Scene 30, how does Corday respond to Duperret's entreaty to leave Paris?
(a) She kicks him.
(b) She agrees.
(c) She calls the police to her assistance.
(d) She kisses him goodbye.
15. What part of Corday's body does Duperret kiss repeatedly in Scene 22?
(a) Her breast.
(b) Her leg.
(c) Her neck.
(d) Her hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the subject of the suppressed work that Marat describes in Scene 28?
2. What institution's sacking does Sade recall witnessing in this section?
3. According to Marat, why is the rumor being spread that wages will soon be raised?
4. What is Sade doing in the final moments of the play?
5. In Scene 23, what does Marat warn the rich will do the the poor at a moment's notice?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)