|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Marat in Scene 27, what has the Minister of War sold to France's enemies?
(c) State secrets.
(d) His chateau.
2. Who has the final line of the play?
3. What was the subject of the suppressed work that Marat describes in Scene 28?
(c) The soul.
(d) Social action.
4. In Scene 27, to whom does Marat accuse the generals of being loyal?
(a) The emigres.
(b) The deposed prince.
(c) The Prussians.
(d) No one.
5. What color is Corday's hair?
6. Which book of the Old Testament does Corday read in Caen?
7. At the end of Scene 27, what does Duperret demand replace hysteria and fanaticism?
(a) Calm and analysis.
(b) Love and tenderness.
(c) Reconciliation and empathy.
(d) Beauty and concord.
8. Which of the following groups is not one that Coulmier interrupts the play to defend?
(a) The high academics.
(b) The priests.
(c) The soldiers.
(d) The post-Revolutionary politicians.
9. Where did Corday spend her youth?
(a) A military barracks.
(c) A convent.
10. What is the name of the man to whom Marat dictates his calls to the people?
11. What two things does Corday claim Marat wants in Scene 17?
(a) Wealth and preference.
(b) Anarchy and confusion.
(c) Law and order.
(d) Anonymity and peace.
12. What does Sade want remembered about himself after his death?
(a) His work with the Revolution.
(c) His writings.
(d) His mad actions.
13. Into what does Roux demand the churches of France be converted?
(a) Soup kitchens.
14. Who interrupts the song several times during the Epilogue?
15. As a judge in Revolutionary tribunals, what does Sade find himself unable to do?
(a) Stay awake.
(b) Look victims in the eyes.
(c) Sentence men to death.
(d) Show mercy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 23, what does Marat warn the rich will do the the poor at a moment's notice?
2. Which of the following is something that Coulmier claims is absent in 1808?
3. According to the Herald in Scene 19, what is the most sympathetic way to be executed?
4. According to the Singers at the end of Scene 25, what can Marat not cure?
5. How do the Singers say they will impart the words they cannot speak freely?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)