|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following inmates is strait-jacketed throughout the entire play?
2. According to Marat, why is the rumor being spread that wages will soon be raised?
(a) To increase production.
(b) To find organizers amongst the workers.
(c) To gauge public opinion on this.
(d) To quell violent discontent.
3. What is the name of the man to whom Marat dictates his calls to the people?
4. Who is in charge of France at the end of the Interruptus narrative?
(c) Louis XV.
5. At the end of Scene 16, the Harald claims the players want to see the people live in harmony with what?
(a) The military.
(b) The Church.
6. What institution's sacking does Sade recall witnessing in this section?
(a) An art museum.
(b) A convent.
(c) A manor.
(d) A library.
7. Who separates Duperrat and Corday when the former begins to molest the latter?
(b) A male nurse.
(c) A sister.
8. Who do the Singers say speaks for all of France?
(b) No one.
9. According to Corday in Scene 29, who fills the prisons of Paris?
(a) Her friends.
(c) Charlatans and rakes.
(d) Innocent men.
10. In Scene 30, of what does Sade say the world consists?
(b) Monetary interests.
11. What memorial of Marat does Sade prophesy the people will smash?
(a) His grave.
(b) His statue.
(c) His home.
(d) His urn.
12. In Duperret's Scene 22 song, who is the only entity that man will be expected to obey in an ideal world?
(a) The king.
(b) The market.
13. What doe the Singers complain still goes on in secret at the end of Scene 24?
14. Why do the people love Marat, according to Sade in the beginning of Scene 20?
(a) He will speak for them.
(b) He will fight for them.
(c) He will die for them.
(d) He will suffer for them.
15. What color is Corday's hair?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sade doing in the final moments of the play?
2. In Scene 30, Sade tells Marat that his writings mean nothing compared to what?
3. What is the forbidden word that that Duperret says France is speaking at the end of Scene 17?
4. Near the end of Scene 27, what word does Marat say should be abolished?
5. Which French Minister does Marat accuse of counterfeiting banknotes?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)