|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 27, to whom does Marat accuse the generals of being loyal?
(a) The emigres.
(b) The deposed prince.
(c) No one.
(d) The Prussians.
2. Into what does Roux demand the churches of France be converted?
(b) Soup kitchens.
3. In the Singers' Scene 21 song, what has just been destroyed?
(a) Corday's carriage.
(b) The central guillotine scaffold.
(c) Marat's printing press.
(d) Marat's front door.
4. According to the Singers at the end of Scene 25, what can Marat not cure?
(a) His own disease.
(b) A beheaded aristocrat.
(c) All social ills.
(d) The cancer on the National Assembly.
5. What color is Corday's hair?
6. At the end of Scene 28, the Singers complain that Marat's writings have done what to France?
(a) Weakened it irreparably.
(b) Covered it in blood.
(c) Set it ablaze.
(d) Confused its people.
7. To what animal does Marat compare the members of the new ruling class in France?
8. In Scene 30, how does Corday respond to Duperret's entreaty to leave Paris?
(a) She kisses him goodbye.
(b) She agrees.
(c) She calls the police to her assistance.
(d) She kicks him.
9. Who interrupts the song several times during the Epilogue?
10. Who speaks the final words of the first act?
11. What doe the Singers complain still goes on in secret at the end of Scene 24?
12. What was the subject of the suppressed work that Marat describes in Scene 28?
(a) The soul.
(d) Social action.
13. What memorial of Marat does Sade prophesy the people will smash?
(a) His home.
(b) His statue.
(c) His urn.
(d) His grave.
14. How does Sade characterize his current station in the Revolution?
15. Who is in charge of France at the end of the Interruptus narrative?
(c) Louis XV.
Short Answer Questions
1. What affliction begins to show itself in Sade as he is whipped?
2. In Scene 30, of what does Sade say the world consists?
3. What part of Corday's body does Duperret kiss repeatedly in Scene 22?
4. Which book of the Old Testament does Corday read in Caen?
5. Which of the following is not something the Singers accuse the rich of hoarding at the beginning of Scene 16?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)