|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 27, to whom does Marat accuse the generals of being loyal?
(a) No one.
(b) The deposed prince.
(c) The emigres.
(d) The Prussians.
2. Into what does Roux demand the churches of France be converted?
(a) Soup kitchens.
3. In Scene 18, for what group does Marat say the Revolution was fought?
(a) The poor.
(c) The politicians.
(d) The military.
4. What color is Corday's hair?
5. According to the Singers at the end of Scene 25, what can Marat not cure?
(a) The cancer on the National Assembly.
(b) All social ills.
(c) His own disease.
(d) A beheaded aristocrat.
6. Why do the people love Marat, according to Sade in the beginning of Scene 20?
(a) He will suffer for them.
(b) He will speak for them.
(c) He will die for them.
(d) He will fight for them.
7. Who whips Sade in Scene 20?
(a) A male nurse.
8. As a judge in Revolutionary tribunals, what does Sade find himself unable to do?
(a) Stay awake.
(b) Look victims in the eyes.
(c) Sentence men to death.
(d) Show mercy.
9. Who interrupts the song several times during the Epilogue?
10. In Scene 30, Sade tells Marat that his writings mean nothing compared to what?
(a) Corday's body.
(b) Sade's writings.
(c) The death they inspired.
(d) The indifference of history.
11. What was the subject of the suppressed work that Marat describes in Scene 28?
(a) The soul.
(d) Social action.
12. What memorial of Marat does Sade prophesy the people will smash?
(a) His statue.
(b) His grave.
(c) His home.
(d) His urn.
13. What does Marat demand be done with the seized farmland?
(a) It should be used for military exercises.
(b) It should be divided into allotments.
(c) It should be converted into a public park.
(d) Schools should be built on it.
14. Which famous Revolutionary figure does Marat accuse of turning white at the mention of force?
15. Which of the following is something that Coulmier claims is absent in 1808?
(b) Social inequity.
(d) Violent crimes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which French Minister does Marat accuse of counterfeiting banknotes?
2. What are the fates of both Duperret and Corday after Marat's murder?
3. In Duperret's Scene 22 song, who is the only entity that man will be expected to obey in an ideal world?
4. Which character does not sing at all during the play?
5. In Scene 23, what does Marat warn the rich will do the the poor at a moment's notice?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)