|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Duperret's Scene 22 song, who is the only entity that man will be expected to obey in an ideal world?
(a) The king.
(b) The market.
2. What was the subject of the suppressed work that Marat describes in Scene 28?
(a) Social action.
(d) The soul.
3. What does Sade want remembered about himself after his death?
(a) His mad actions.
(c) His work with the Revolution.
(d) His writings.
4. According to the Herald in Scene 19, what is the most sympathetic way to be executed?
(b) Burning at the stake.
(c) The guillotine.
5. How many years does the Interruptus cover?
6. Who is in charge of France at the end of the Interruptus narrative?
(c) Louis XV.
7. Who begins throwing items at the nurses during the Epilogue?
8. What memorial of Marat does Sade prophesy the people will smash?
(a) His grave.
(b) His urn.
(c) His statue.
(d) His home.
9. What is the name of the man to whom Marat dictates his calls to the people?
10. What does Coulmier invite the audience to do at the beginning of the Epilogue?
(a) Close the history book.
(b) Embrace the newly-won peace of the present.
(c) Meet the actors.
(d) Attend some post-performance drinks.
11. Who do the Singers say speaks for all of France?
(c) No one.
12. Who interrupts the song several times during the Epilogue?
13. As a judge in Revolutionary tribunals, what does Sade find himself unable to do?
(a) Stay awake.
(b) Look victims in the eyes.
(c) Show mercy.
(d) Sentence men to death.
14. Which of the following words is not chanted by the inmates at the end of the play?
15. What is the forbidden word that that Duperret says France is speaking at the end of Scene 17?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marat demand be done with the seized farmland?
2. What doe the Singers complain still goes on in secret at the end of Scene 24?
3. What two things does Corday claim Marat wants in Scene 17?
4. Who is the first voice from Marat's past to speak in Scene 26?
5. In Scene 30, of what does Sade say the world consists?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)