|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which French Minister does Marat accuse of counterfeiting banknotes?
(a) The Minister of Commerce.
(b) The Minister of Labor.
(c) The Minister of Trade.
(d) The Minister of Finance.
2. What affliction begins to show itself in Sade as he is whipped?
(c) Heart palpitations.
(d) Profuse sweating.
3. What was the subject of the suppressed work that Marat describes in Scene 28?
(c) Social action.
(d) The soul.
4. What does Sade say is essential to any real revolution in Scene 30?
(b) A goal.
5. What two things does Corday claim Marat wants in Scene 17?
(a) Anonymity and peace.
(b) Wealth and preference.
(c) Law and order.
(d) Anarchy and confusion.
6. How many years does the Interruptus cover?
7. Which book of the Old Testament does Corday read in Caen?
8. Who is in charge of France at the end of the Interruptus narrative?
(d) Louis XV.
9. According to the Singers at the end of Scene 25, what can Marat not cure?
(a) All social ills.
(b) The cancer on the National Assembly.
(c) A beheaded aristocrat.
(d) His own disease.
10. In Scene 18, for what group does Marat say the Revolution was fought?
(b) The politicians.
(c) The poor.
(d) The military.
11. At the end of Scene 28, the Singers complain that Marat's writings have done what to France?
(a) Confused its people.
(b) Covered it in blood.
(c) Weakened it irreparably.
(d) Set it ablaze.
12. What is the forbidden word that that Duperret says France is speaking at the end of Scene 17?
13. Who do the Singers say speaks for all of France?
(c) No one.
14. What is the name of the man to whom Marat dictates his calls to the people?
15. In Scene 25, Which of the following roles is not one that Simone claims petitioners expect Marat to enact?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sade doing in the final moments of the play?
2. Which of the following inmates is strait-jacketed throughout the entire play?
3. What memorial of Marat does Sade prophesy the people will smash?
4. According to Marat, why is the rumor being spread that wages will soon be raised?
5. Who interrupts the song several times during the Epilogue?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)