|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which world does Roux utter in Scene 4 before being shushed by Coulmier?
2. What is the color of the dagger's handle in Scene 10?
3. What character enters in the first scene at Sade beckon?
4. How much does Corday pay for the dagger with which she will kill Marat?
(a) 20 sous.
(b) 80 sous.
(c) 10 sous.
(d) 40 sous.
5. Who does the Herald signal in Scene 3?
(a) The Orchestra.
(c) The Male Nurses.
6. In Scene 6, Jacques Roux protests that the ruling class controls all of the following except which?
(a) The military camps.
(b) The markets.
(c) The granaries.
(d) The estates.
7. What part of Marat's body does Corday she wants to see sweat as she draws her knife?
(a) His back.
(b) His forehead.
(c) His armpits.
(d) His chest.
8. What mimic do the patients perform in the background of Scene 11?
(a) An execution.
(b) A mass.
(c) A street scene.
(d) A cricket match.
9. In Scene 5, Kokol quips to Marat that Paris facing a shortage of what?
10. How old is Marat when the events of the play begin?
11. What part of Corday's body does the Salesman admire in the dagger-purchasing mime?
(a) Her bosom.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her buttocks.
(d) Her neck.
12. What disease's effects are the wigs described in Scene 10 intended to conceal?
13. What actions are the Male Nurses performing at the top of the play?
(a) Bathing and massages.
(b) Applying bandages and giving medication.
(c) Chaining patients.
(d) Playing cards and drinking wine.
14. In Scene 10, what do the Singers mention is clogging the sewers?
(a) Flood water.
(c) Rancid meat.
15. Marat never moves from a certain location. What is that location?
(a) A bath.
(b) A chair.
(c) A bench.
(d) A cage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which what is Marat's tub filling in Scene 8?
2. At the end of Scene 11, where does Corday imagine she is?
3. Which of the following characters is not one of the Singers?
4. From what affliction does the actress playing Corday suffer?
5. For what affliction is Marat always submerged in a bath?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)