|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is one of the actions that Corday accuses Marat of inciting in Scene 7?
2. Which of the following is not a term hurled at the poor when a shop is looted?
(d) Gutter rats.
3. Which woman in the cast serves as Marat's nurse?
(c) Coulmier's Wife.
4. At the beginning of Scene 8, what does Simone implore Marat to stop doing?
(a) Scratching himself.
(b) Staying awake all night.
5. Where does Corday tell Simone that Marat's enemies are gathering in Scene 9?
6. Who does the Herald signal in Scene 3?
(b) The Male Nurses.
(d) The Orchestra.
7. In what way does Coulmier protest Sade must present his play?
(a) More positive.
(b) More decent.
8. What abstract purveyor of death does Sade say he hates in Scene 12?
(b) The Revolution.
9. From what country is the man who is brutally murdered by Sade's tailor?
10. In Scene 13, what role did the kings hold to the people?
11. Which of the following characters does not have a line in the Homage to Marat?
12. What was the former profession of the interrupting patient in Scene 14?
(a) A diplomat.
(b) A surgeon.
(c) An abbot.
(d) A military attache.
13. Who accompanies Marat at his static position at the beginning of the play?
14. Which world does Roux utter in Scene 4 before being shushed by Coulmier?
15. As the chorus sings about the Revolution, what body part do they say is bleeding?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what French town is the play's asylum located?
2. What part of Corday's body does the Salesman admire in the dagger-purchasing mime?
3. To what building does Corday compare Paris in Scene 10?
4. In Scene 6, Jacques Roux protests that the ruling class controls all of the following except which?
5. According to Corday's song in Scene 7, to what does Marat's way lead?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)