|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Jacques Roux's former profession?
2. How much does Corday pay for the dagger with which she will kill Marat?
(a) 40 sous.
(b) 80 sous.
(c) 20 sous.
(d) 10 sous.
3. Who stops Corday from prematurely murdering Marat in Scene 9?
(d) A sister.
4. What does Coulmier protest he must be when he interrupts the play?
(a) The calming hand.
(b) The representative of the state.
(c) The de facto director.
(d) The voice of reason.
5. What mimic do the patients perform in the background of Scene 11?
(a) A mass.
(b) A cricket match.
(c) An execution.
(d) A street scene.
6. What character enters in the first scene at Sade beckon?
7. At the beginning of Scene 8, what does Simone implore Marat to stop doing?
(a) Scratching himself.
(b) Staying awake all night.
8. Coulmier protests in Scene 11 that he brought in the public to show that his patients are not what?
9. Which of the following groups is not one lambasted by the singers of Scene 5?
10. What historical figure did Damiens try to assassinate?
(a) Cardinal Richaelieu.
(c) Louis XV.
11. In Scene 6, Jacques Roux protests that the ruling class controls all of the following except which?
(a) The estates.
(b) The granaries.
(c) The markets.
(d) The military camps.
12. In the beginning of Scene 6, a patient claims that all are free and equal to do what?
13. In Scene 13, what role did the kings hold to the people?
14. Which of the following characters does not have a line in the Homage to Marat?
15. What does Simone tell Corday to do when she sends her away in Scene 9?
(a) Try back later.
(b) Write Marat a letter.
(c) Leave Paris at once.
(d) Never return.
Short Answer Questions
1. In her Scene 7 song, Corday says that which two words meant different things to her and Marat?
2. In what way does Coulmier protest Sade must present his play?
3. Which of the following is not a famous moment of the Revolution mentioned in Scene 5?
4. Which of the following is not a term hurled at the poor when a shop is looted?
5. Who anxiously follows behind Marat while the patients carry him on their shoulders in Scene 5?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)