|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stops Corday from prematurely murdering Marat in Scene 9?
(b) A sister.
2. From what country is the man who is brutally murdered by Sade's tailor?
3. Which character's name does the Chorus chant in unison during Scene 7?
4. What right's inclusion in the Revolution's declaration does Marat lament at the end of Scene 15?
(a) Freedom from want.
(b) A fair trial.
5. In Marat's rant in Scene 9, where does he say the Parisian hypocrites where the crown?
(a) Their hose.
(b) Their caps.
(c) Their hearts.
(d) Their underwear.
6. In Scene 14, which prayer does a patient recite in a perverse form?
(a) The Apostles Creed.
(b) Hail Mary.
(c) Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep.
(d) Our Father.
7. At the end of Scene 11, where does Corday imagine she is?
(a) In Caen.
(b) In heaven.
(c) At Marat's lodging.
(d) On the execution scaffold.
8. In Scene 11, Marat accuses aristocrats of make secret deals with whom?
(a) The reactionary bourgeoisie.
(b) The Catholic Church.
(c) The deposed royal family.
(d) Foreign armies.
9. What action is Simone performing at the beginning of Scene 3?
(b) Applying Marat's bandage.
(c) Writing a letter.
10. In Scene 7, what does Corday contend is spurting from Marat's hiding place?
11. What was Jacques Roux's former profession?
12. Which of the following is not a term hurled at the poor when a shop is looted?
(c) Gutter rats.
13. How many years has the Marquis de Sade been living at Charenton at the time of the play?
14. What mental affliction does the actor playing Marat have?
(c) Manic depression.
15. According to Marat, what does one see everywhere one looks in 1793?
(c) His portrait.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 13, what does Marat say is the essential lie the ruling class gave the poor?
2. How many years after the Revolution do the events of the play-within-the-play take place?
3. Which what is Marat's tub filling in Scene 8?
4. Who sings to the riled patients at the end of Scene 6?
5. What character enters in the first scene at Sade beckon?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)