|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mental affliction does the actor playing Marat have?
(c) Manic depression.
2. According to the Herald at the end of Scene 4, what is the audience about to watch Marat do?
(a) Give up.
3. Which of the following characters is not one of the Singers?
4. At the end of Scene 11, where does Corday imagine she is?
(a) In Caen.
(b) On the execution scaffold.
(c) At Marat's lodging.
(d) In heaven.
5. At the beginning of the song in Scene 10, what emotion has nearly defeated Corday?
6. According to Marat, what does one see everywhere one looks in 1793?
(a) His portrait.
7. In Scene 7, what does Corday contend is spurting from Marat's hiding place?
8. As the chorus sings about the Revolution, what body part do they say is bleeding?
9. What was the former profession of the interrupting patient in Scene 14?
(a) An abbot.
(b) A diplomat.
(c) A surgeon.
(d) A military attache.
10. What is the color of the dagger's handle in Scene 10?
11. How many years after the Revolution do the events of the play-within-the-play take place?
12. Which world does Roux utter in Scene 4 before being shushed by Coulmier?
13. What right's inclusion in the Revolution's declaration does Marat lament at the end of Scene 15?
(a) A fair trial.
(b) Freedom from want.
14. What historical figure did Damiens try to assassinate?
(a) Cardinal Richaelieu.
(c) Louis XV.
15. In Scene 11, Marat accuses aristocrats of make secret deals with whom?
(a) The Catholic Church.
(b) Foreign armies.
(c) The deposed royal family.
(d) The reactionary bourgeoisie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What actions are the Male Nurses performing at the top of the play?
2. What part of Corday's body does the Salesman admire in the dagger-purchasing mime?
3. In Scene 13, what does Marat say is the essential lie the ruling class gave the poor?
4. With what adjective does Coulmier describe the keepers of the asylum in Scene 2?
5. How much does Corday pay for the dagger with which she will kill Marat?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)