|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what affliction does the actress playing Corday suffer?
(b) Sleeping sickness.
(d) Fits of rage.
2. In Marat's rant in Scene 9, where does he say the Parisian hypocrites where the crown?
(a) Their hose.
(b) Their hearts.
(c) Their caps.
(d) Their underwear.
3. In Scene 7, what does Corday contend is spurting from Marat's hiding place?
4. What part of the new ruling class's body is enormous, according to Kokol?
(a) Their heads.
(b) Their arses.
(c) Their genitals.
(d) Their stomachs.
5. Where does Corday tell Simone that Marat's enemies are gathering in Scene 9?
6. In Scene 13, what does Marat say is the essential lie the ruling class gave the poor?
(a) Divine right.
(b) Honor in suffering.
(c) Poverty as a virtue.
(d) Love of enemies.
7. According to the Herald at the beginning of Scene 7, to what voice is Marat listening as he writes?
(a) His fever's voice.
(b) Simone's voice.
(c) The people's voice.
(d) God's voice.
8. What action is Simone performing at the beginning of Scene 3?
(c) Writing a letter.
(d) Applying Marat's bandage.
9. What item does Corday want to buy after arriving into town in Scene 10?
(a) A dress.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A knife.
(d) A toy guillotine.
10. What character enters in the first scene at Sade beckon?
11. Which of the following is not an example Coulmier offers of the Church assisting the poor?
(a) Clothing drives.
(b) Free housing.
(c) Medical aid.
(d) Soup kitchens.
12. Which philosopher does Corday cite in her song in Scene 7?
13. At the end of Scene 5, the Herald announces that unrest has been replace by what?
14. Which what is Marat's tub filling in Scene 8?
15. What part of Corday's body does the Salesman admire in the dagger-purchasing mime?
(a) Her neck.
(b) Her bosom.
(c) Her buttocks.
(d) Her hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What right's inclusion in the Revolution's declaration does Marat lament at the end of Scene 15?
2. According to Corday's song in Scene 7, to what does Marat's way lead?
3. Which of Dupperet's articles of clothing is mentioned by the Herald in Scene 4?
4. What does the Herald people are in 1808 that they were not in 1793?
5. What apologia does Coulmier make in his Scene 2 speech?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)