|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanies Marat at his static position at the beginning of the play?
2. What aspect of Charlotte Corday does the Herald apologize to the audience for mentioning?
(a) Her madness.
(b) Her wealth.
(c) Her moral laxness.
(d) Her attractiveness.
3. In Scene 7, what does Corday contend is spurting from Marat's hiding place?
4. What device's "singing" is Corday said to have hears in Scene 10?
(a) The pipe organ.
(b) The printing press.
(c) The guillotine.
(d) The tumbrel.
5. In Scene 11, Marat accuses aristocrats of make secret deals with whom?
(a) The Catholic Church.
(b) The deposed royal family.
(c) Foreign armies.
(d) The reactionary bourgeoisie.
6. In Scene 13, what role did the kings hold to the people?
7. In what year is The Marat/Sade set?
8. What part of Marat's body does Corday she wants to see sweat as she draws her knife?
(a) His back.
(b) His armpits.
(c) His forehead.
(d) His chest.
9. To what does Sade compare Marat's bath in Scene 15?
(a) A womb.
(b) The ocean.
(d) A dungeon.
10. According to Marat in Scene 11, where did the aristocrats allow the poor to die slowly?
(a) Their homes.
(b) The streets.
(c) The workshops.
(d) The churches.
11. What character enters in the first scene at Sade beckon?
12. At the end of Scene 5, the Herald announces that unrest has been replace by what?
13. As Marat and Sade argue in Scene 15, what does Sade conclude no longer interests him?
(b) The individual.
(c) The Revolution.
14. At the beginning of the song in Scene 10, what emotion has nearly defeated Corday?
15. Which of the following characters does not have a line in the Homage to Marat?
Short Answer Questions
1. Marat never moves from a certain location. What is that location?
2. Which of the following groups is not one lambasted by the singers of Scene 5?
3. What part of Corday's body does the Salesman admire in the dagger-purchasing mime?
4. At the beginning of Scene 8, what does Simone implore Marat to stop doing?
5. As the chorus sings about the Revolution, what body part do they say is bleeding?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)