|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what affliction is Marat always submerged in a bath?
(b) Muscle tension.
(d) A fever.
2. What does the Herald people are in 1808 that they were not in 1793?
3. In the beginning of Scene 6, a patient claims that all are free and equal to do what?
4. Which of the following is not a famous moment of the Revolution mentioned in Scene 5?
(a) The execution of the King.
(b) Danton's death.
(c) The fall of the Bastille.
(d) The killing of the aristocrats.
5. To what does the Herald compare Marat's skin in Scene 4?
6. What part of the new ruling class's body is enormous, according to Kokol?
(a) Their heads.
(b) Their genitals.
(c) Their stomachs.
(d) Their arses.
7. Who stops Corday from prematurely murdering Marat in Scene 9?
(d) A sister.
8. In Scene 14, which prayer does a patient recite in a perverse form?
(a) Hail Mary.
(b) Our Father.
(c) The Apostles Creed.
(d) Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep.
9. According to Marat, what does one see everywhere one looks in 1793?
(c) His portrait.
10. From what French town does Corday reside?
11. In Scene 11, Marat accuses aristocrats of make secret deals with whom?
(a) The reactionary bourgeoisie.
(b) The Catholic Church.
(c) Foreign armies.
(d) The deposed royal family.
12. What mimic do the patients perform in the background of Scene 11?
(a) A street scene.
(b) An execution.
(c) A cricket match.
(d) A mass.
13. In what way does Coulmier protest Sade must present his play?
(a) More decent.
(b) More positive.
14. What historical figure did Damiens try to assassinate?
(a) Cardinal Richaelieu.
(c) Louis XV.
15. At the end of Scene 5, the Herald announces that unrest has been replace by what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Coulmier's official position?
2. Which woman in the cast serves as Marat's nurse?
3. What right's inclusion in the Revolution's declaration does Marat lament at the end of Scene 15?
4. To what building does Corday compare Paris in Scene 10?
5. What does Simone tell Corday to do when she sends her away in Scene 9?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)