|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mimic do the patients perform in the background of Scene 11?
(a) A cricket match.
(b) A street scene.
(c) A mass.
(d) An execution.
2. Coulmier protests in Scene 11 that he brought in the public to show that his patients are not what?
3. What disease's effects are the wigs described in Scene 10 intended to conceal?
4. According to Sade at the beginning of Scene 15, what we do is the shadow of what?
(a) What we are ordered to do.
(b) What we want to do.
(c) What we should do.
(d) What others have done before us.
5. What part of Marat's body does Corday she wants to see sweat as she draws her knife?
(a) His forehead.
(b) His back.
(c) His armpits.
(d) His chest.
6. Who anxiously follows behind Marat while the patients carry him on their shoulders in Scene 5?
7. How much does Corday pay for the dagger with which she will kill Marat?
(a) 40 sous.
(b) 20 sous.
(c) 10 sous.
(d) 80 sous.
8. What famous French text does Coulmier invoke in his Scene 2 speech?
(a) Democracy in America.
(b) The Declaration of Human Rights.
(c) The Declaration of Pilnitz.
(d) The Constitution of 1793.
9. What abstract purveyor of death does Sade say he hates in Scene 12?
(b) The Revolution.
10. In the beginning of Scene 6, a patient claims that all are free and equal to do what?
11. Which of Dupperet's articles of clothing is mentioned by the Herald in Scene 4?
12. What object is Marat staring at as he writes at the beginning of Scene 7?
(a) His bath.
(b) A map.
(c) A knife.
(d) A portrait of Rousseau.
13. What was the former profession of the interrupting patient in Scene 14?
(a) An abbot.
(b) A diplomat.
(c) A military attache.
(d) A surgeon.
14. In Scene 14, which prayer does a patient recite in a perverse form?
(a) Hail Mary.
(b) Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep.
(c) The Apostles Creed.
(d) Our Father.
15. What is the color of the dagger's handle in Scene 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Marat's Liturgy, which of the following is not a group that he accuses of lying to the poor?
2. What word do the patients chant in unison in Scene 6?
3. Which of the following is not a famous moment of the Revolution mentioned in Scene 5?
4. How many times does the Herald knock his staff at the beginning of Scene 3?
5. In Scene 12, Marat accuses Sade of lacking what?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)