|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Marat and Sade argue in Scene 15, what does Sade conclude no longer interests him?
(c) The individual.
(d) The Revolution.
2. Which of the follow is not something the singers of Scene 5 suggest be done to the ruling class of 1793?
(a) Break them.
(b) Give them the axe.
(c) Bribe them.
(d) Jail them.
3. What disease's effects are the wigs described in Scene 10 intended to conceal?
4. What does the Herald people are in 1808 that they were not in 1793?
5. In Scene 13, what does Marat say is the essential lie the ruling class gave the poor?
(a) Honor in suffering.
(b) Poverty as a virtue.
(c) Love of enemies.
(d) Divine right.
6. In Marat's rant in Scene 9, where does he say the Parisian hypocrites where the crown?
(a) Their hose.
(b) Their hearts.
(c) Their underwear.
(d) Their caps.
7. How many years after the Revolution do the events of the play-within-the-play take place?
8. In Scene 12, Marat accuses Sade of lacking what?
(b) A theory.
9. In Scene 10, what do the Singers mention is clogging the sewers?
(a) Flood water.
(b) Rancid meat.
10. What does Simone tell Corday to do when she sends her away in Scene 9?
(a) Never return.
(b) Try back later.
(c) Leave Paris at once.
(d) Write Marat a letter.
11. As the chorus sings about the Revolution, what body part do they say is bleeding?
12. In what way does Coulmier protest Sade must present his play?
(b) More decent.
(d) More positive.
13. Which of Dupperet's articles of clothing is mentioned by the Herald in Scene 4?
14. Which of the following is not an example Coulmier offers of the Church assisting the poor?
(a) Soup kitchens.
(b) Free housing.
(c) Clothing drives.
(d) Medical aid.
15. Who stops Corday from prematurely murdering Marat in Scene 9?
(d) A sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Marat's body does Corday she wants to see sweat as she draws her knife?
2. What mental affliction does the actor playing Marat have?
3. What do the assembled inmates do in Scene 3?
4. Which of the following is not a famous moment of the Revolution mentioned in Scene 5?
5. What two omnipresent groups represent the asylum security throughout the play?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)