|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of the song in Scene 10, what emotion has nearly defeated Corday?
2. In Scene 12, Marat accuses Sade of lacking what?
(a) A theory.
3. According to Sade at the end of Scene 11, from what does the guillotine deliver its victims?
4. Which of the following groups is not one lambasted by the singers of Scene 5?
5. Which woman in the cast serves as Marat's nurse?
(b) Coulmier's Wife.
6. What word do the patients chant in unison in Scene 6?
7. What part of Corday's body does the Salesman admire in the dagger-purchasing mime?
(a) Her bosom.
(b) Her buttocks.
(c) Her hair.
(d) Her neck.
8. From what French town does Corday reside?
9. In Marat's Liturgy, which of the following is not a group that he accuses of lying to the poor?
10. In Scene 10, what do the Singers mention is clogging the sewers?
(c) Flood water.
(d) Rancid meat.
11. What is the color of the dagger's handle in Scene 10?
12. At the end of Scene 11, where does Corday imagine she is?
(a) On the execution scaffold.
(b) At Marat's lodging.
(c) In Caen.
(d) In heaven.
13. What are the children fighting over in the streets, according to Corday?
(a) Human heads.
(b) Old wigs.
(d) Toy guillotines.
14. What actions are the Male Nurses performing at the top of the play?
(a) Playing cards and drinking wine.
(b) Applying bandages and giving medication.
(c) Chaining patients.
(d) Bathing and massages.
15. At the end of Scene 5, the Herald announces that unrest has been replace by what?
Short Answer Questions
1. In her Scene 7 song, Corday says that which two words meant different things to her and Marat?
2. How does Sade characterize the process by which Revolutionaries dole out death sentences?
3. What is the basis for all life, according to Sade's works?
4. Who shouts "Long live the Revolution" midway through the Homage to Marat?
5. What mental affliction does the actor playing Marat have?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)