|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 5, Kokol quips to Marat that Paris facing a shortage of what?
2. How many years after the Revolution do the events of the play-within-the-play take place?
3. In Marat's Liturgy, which of the following is not a group that he accuses of lying to the poor?
4. In Scene 10, what do the Singers mention is clogging the sewers?
(a) Rancid meat.
(d) Flood water.
5. From what affliction does the actress playing Corday suffer?
(a) Fits of rage.
(d) Sleeping sickness.
6. As Marat and Sade argue in Scene 15, what does Sade conclude no longer interests him?
(b) The individual.
(d) The Revolution.
7. According to Sade at the beginning of Scene 15, what we do is the shadow of what?
(a) What we want to do.
(b) What we are ordered to do.
(c) What others have done before us.
(d) What we should do.
8. What does Simone tell Corday to do when she sends her away in Scene 9?
(a) Never return.
(b) Leave Paris at once.
(c) Write Marat a letter.
(d) Try back later.
9. Which of the following is not a famous moment of the Revolution mentioned in Scene 5?
(a) Danton's death.
(b) The fall of the Bastille.
(c) The execution of the King.
(d) The killing of the aristocrats.
10. What was Jacques Roux's former profession?
11. With what term does Sade describe the execution of Damiens?
(a) A festival.
(b) A ritual.
(c) An exorcism.
(d) A horrorshow.
12. Who does Coulmier thank at the beginning of his speech in Scene 2?
(b) The audience.
13. What two omnipresent groups represent the asylum security throughout the play?
(a) Sisters and Male Nurses.
(b) Sisters and Doctors.
(c) Male Nurses and Doctors.
(d) Sisters and Priests.
14. In Scene 13, what role did the kings hold to the people?
15. According to Marat, what does one see everywhere one looks in 1793?
(a) His portrait.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does the Herald compare Marat's skin in Scene 4?
2. What is the color of the dagger's handle in Scene 10?
3. Where does Corday tell Simone that Marat's enemies are gathering in Scene 9?
4. What device's "singing" is Corday said to have hears in Scene 10?
5. How does Sade characterize the process by which Revolutionaries dole out death sentences?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)