|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Coulmier protest he must be when he interrupts the play?
(a) The de facto director.
(b) The voice of reason.
(c) The calming hand.
(d) The representative of the state.
2. What does the Herald people are in 1808 that they were not in 1793?
3. What part of the new ruling class's body is enormous, according to Kokol?
(a) Their genitals.
(b) Their heads.
(c) Their stomachs.
(d) Their arses.
4. Which woman in the cast serves as Marat's nurse?
(a) Coulmier's Wife.
5. In Marat's rant in Scene 9, where does he say the Parisian hypocrites where the crown?
(a) Their hose.
(b) Their underwear.
(c) Their caps.
(d) Their hearts.
6. To what building does Corday compare Paris in Scene 10?
(a) A cathedral.
(b) A slaughterhouse.
(c) A public bath.
(d) An outhouse.
7. What is the "lurid star" under which the Herald says Sade came to the asylum?
8. What right's inclusion in the Revolution's declaration does Marat lament at the end of Scene 15?
(a) Freedom from want.
(d) A fair trial.
9. What is the color of the dagger's handle in Scene 10?
10. In the beginning of Scene 6, a patient claims that all are free and equal to do what?
11. What Holocaust term does Sade use in describing mankind's inclination to kill in Scene 12?
(a) Concentration camp.
(b) Final solution.
(c) Master race.
12. Which of the following is not an example Coulmier offers of the Church assisting the poor?
(a) Soup kitchens.
(b) Clothing drives.
(c) Free housing.
(d) Medical aid.
13. What abstract purveyor of death does Sade say he hates in Scene 12?
(c) The Revolution.
14. How much does Corday pay for the dagger with which she will kill Marat?
(a) 80 sous.
(b) 20 sous.
(c) 10 sous.
(d) 40 sous.
15. How old is Marat when the events of the play begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Corday tell Simone that Marat's enemies are gathering in Scene 9?
2. Who accompanies Coulmier when he enters the stage?
3. What historical figure did Damiens try to assassinate?
4. At the end of Scene 11, where does Corday imagine she is?
5. What was the former profession of the interrupting patient in Scene 14?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)