|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two animals do the singers invoke to describe Marat in Scene 5?
(a) Otter and hound.
(b) Wolf and asp.
(c) Cow and bear.
(d) Eagle and wren.
2. What Holocaust term does Sade use in describing mankind's inclination to kill in Scene 12?
(a) Final solution.
(b) Master race.
(c) Concentration camp.
3. What does Simone tell Corday to do when she sends her away in Scene 9?
(a) Try back later.
(b) Never return.
(c) Leave Paris at once.
(d) Write Marat a letter.
4. Which of the following characters does not have a line in the Homage to Marat?
5. From what affliction does the actress playing Corday suffer?
(c) Sleeping sickness.
(d) Fits of rage.
6. What part of Corday's body does the Salesman admire in the dagger-purchasing mime?
(a) Her buttocks.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her bosom.
(d) Her neck.
7. What historical figure did Damiens try to assassinate?
(b) Cardinal Richaelieu.
(d) Louis XV.
8. Which world does Roux utter in Scene 4 before being shushed by Coulmier?
9. Who shouts "Long live the Revolution" midway through the Homage to Marat?
10. According to the Herald at the end of Scene 4, what is the audience about to watch Marat do?
(d) Give up.
11. Which of the following is not a famous moment of the Revolution mentioned in Scene 5?
(a) Danton's death.
(b) The execution of the King.
(c) The fall of the Bastille.
(d) The killing of the aristocrats.
12. Which of the following is not a term hurled at the poor when a shop is looted?
(d) Gutter rats.
13. Who accompanies Marat at his static position at the beginning of the play?
14. As the chorus sings about the Revolution, what body part do they say is bleeding?
15. In Scene 13, what does Marat say is the essential lie the ruling class gave the poor?
(a) Divine right.
(b) Love of enemies.
(c) Honor in suffering.
(d) Poverty as a virtue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mimic do the patients perform in the background of Scene 11?
2. According to Sade at the beginning of Scene 15, what we do is the shadow of what?
3. What do the assembled inmates do in Scene 3?
4. According to Marat, what does one see everywhere one looks in 1793?
5. What word do the patients chant in unison in Scene 6?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)