|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 13, what does Marat say is the essential lie the ruling class gave the poor?
(a) Divine right.
(b) Love of enemies.
(c) Honor in suffering.
(d) Poverty as a virtue.
2. According to Sade at the beginning of Scene 15, what we do is the shadow of what?
(a) What others have done before us.
(b) What we want to do.
(c) What we should do.
(d) What we are ordered to do.
3. In Scene 5, Kokol quips to Marat that Paris facing a shortage of what?
4. With what term does Sade describe the execution of Damiens?
(a) A festival.
(b) A ritual.
(c) A horrorshow.
(d) An exorcism.
5. What part of the new ruling class's body is enormous, according to Kokol?
(a) Their arses.
(b) Their stomachs.
(c) Their genitals.
(d) Their heads.
6. Which character's name does the Heral mention appearing on Marat's black list in Scene 4?
7. What aspect of Charlotte Corday does the Herald apologize to the audience for mentioning?
(a) Her wealth.
(b) Her moral laxness.
(c) Her madness.
(d) Her attractiveness.
8. What mimic do the patients perform in the background of Scene 11?
(a) An execution.
(b) A street scene.
(c) A mass.
(d) A cricket match.
9. From what French town does Corday reside?
10. What historical figure did Damiens try to assassinate?
(a) Cardinal Richaelieu.
(d) Louis XV.
11. What mental affliction does the actor playing Marat have?
(d) Manic depression.
12. Who does the Herald signal in Scene 3?
(b) The Orchestra.
(c) The Male Nurses.
13. Which character's name does the Chorus chant in unison during Scene 7?
14. What abstract purveyor of death does Sade say he hates in Scene 12?
(a) The Revolution.
15. Which philosopher does Corday cite in her song in Scene 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "lurid star" under which the Herald says Sade came to the asylum?
2. Which of the following is not an example Coulmier offers of the Church assisting the poor?
3. According to the Herald at the beginning of Scene 7, to what voice is Marat listening as he writes?
4. What part of Corday's body does the Salesman admire in the dagger-purchasing mime?
5. To what building does Corday compare Paris in Scene 10?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)