|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 12, Marat accuses Sade of lacking what?
(a) A theory.
2. To what does Sade compare Marat's bath in Scene 15?
(a) The ocean.
(b) A dungeon.
(d) A womb.
3. What word do the patients chant in unison in Scene 6?
4. What is the "lurid star" under which the Herald says Sade came to the asylum?
5. Who stops Corday from prematurely murdering Marat in Scene 9?
(b) A sister.
6. Coulmier protests in Scene 11 that he brought in the public to show that his patients are not what?
7. Which of the following is not a famous moment of the Revolution mentioned in Scene 5?
(a) The killing of the aristocrats.
(b) Danton's death.
(c) The execution of the King.
(d) The fall of the Bastille.
8. In the beginning of Scene 6, a patient claims that all are free and equal to do what?
9. With what term does Sade describe the execution of Damiens?
(a) A festival.
(b) An exorcism.
(c) A horrorshow.
(d) A ritual.
10. According to the Herald at the beginning of Scene 7, to what voice is Marat listening as he writes?
(a) His fever's voice.
(b) Simone's voice.
(c) God's voice.
(d) The people's voice.
11. To what does the Herald compare Marat's skin in Scene 4?
12. What right's inclusion in the Revolution's declaration does Marat lament at the end of Scene 15?
(b) Freedom from want.
(c) A fair trial.
13. What object is Marat staring at as he writes at the beginning of Scene 7?
(a) His bath.
(b) A knife.
(c) A map.
(d) A portrait of Rousseau.
14. What disease's effects are the wigs described in Scene 10 intended to conceal?
15. In what way does Coulmier protest Sade must present his play?
(b) More positive.
(d) More decent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Coulmier thank at the beginning of his speech in Scene 2?
2. What two omnipresent groups represent the asylum security throughout the play?
3. In Scene 7, what does Corday contend is spurting from Marat's hiding place?
4. In Scene 13, what does Marat say is the essential lie the ruling class gave the poor?
5. According to Corday's song in Scene 7, to what does Marat's way lead?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)