|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following groups is not one lambasted by the singers of Scene 5?
2. What does Simone tell Corday to do when she sends her away in Scene 9?
(a) Leave Paris at once.
(b) Write Marat a letter.
(c) Never return.
(d) Try back later.
3. What disease's effects are the wigs described in Scene 10 intended to conceal?
4. From what French town does Corday reside?
5. In Scene 10, what do the Singers mention is clogging the sewers?
(b) Flood water.
(d) Rancid meat.
6. Coulmier protests in Scene 11 that he brought in the public to show that his patients are not what?
7. At the end of Scene 11, where does Corday imagine she is?
(a) On the execution scaffold.
(b) At Marat's lodging.
(c) In Caen.
(d) In heaven.
8. In Scene 6, Jacques Roux protests that the ruling class controls all of the following except which?
(a) The military camps.
(b) The granaries.
(c) The markets.
(d) The estates.
9. As Marat and Sade argue in Scene 15, what does Sade conclude no longer interests him?
(c) The Revolution.
(d) The individual.
10. Who accompanies Marat at his static position at the beginning of the play?
11. In Scene 11, Marat accuses aristocrats of make secret deals with whom?
(a) Foreign armies.
(b) The Catholic Church.
(c) The deposed royal family.
(d) The reactionary bourgeoisie.
12. According to the Herald, what do Marat and Simone share in addition to a vision of France?
(a) The same parents.
(b) A bed.
(c) A faith in God.
(d) Simone's money.
13. What do the assembled inmates do in Scene 3?
(a) Sit quietly.
(c) Assume a pose.
(d) Beat the floor.
14. What Holocaust term does Sade use in describing mankind's inclination to kill in Scene 12?
(a) Concentration camp.
(b) Final solution.
(c) Master race.
15. Which of the following is not a term hurled at the poor when a shop is looted?
(c) Gutter rats.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stops Corday from prematurely murdering Marat in Scene 9?
2. At the beginning of Scene 8, what does Simone implore Marat to stop doing?
3. From what affliction does the actress playing Corday suffer?
4. In Marat's Liturgy, which of the following is not a group that he accuses of lying to the poor?
5. What part of Corday's body does the Salesman admire in the dagger-purchasing mime?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)