|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does the Herald knock his staff at the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) Four times.
(d) Three times.
2. Which of the following is not a term hurled at the poor when a shop is looted?
(c) Gutter rats.
3. The song in Scene 10 details Corday's arrival in what town?
4. How does Sade characterize the process by which Revolutionaries dole out death sentences?
5. In the beginning of Scene 6, a patient claims that all are free and equal to do what?
6. What device's "singing" is Corday said to have hears in Scene 10?
(a) The guillotine.
(b) The tumbrel.
(c) The printing press.
(d) The pipe organ.
7. What are the children fighting over in the streets, according to Corday?
(b) Old wigs.
(c) Human heads.
(d) Toy guillotines.
8. Which of the following groups is not one lambasted by the singers of Scene 5?
9. Coulmier protests in Scene 11 that he brought in the public to show that his patients are not what?
10. At the beginning of Scene 8, what does Simone implore Marat to stop doing?
(a) Staying awake all night.
(c) Scratching himself.
11. According to Corday's song in Scene 7, to what does Marat's way lead?
(a) Mountains of dead.
(b) Rivers of blood.
(c) Eternal slavery.
(d) Sewers and refuse.
12. What right's inclusion in the Revolution's declaration does Marat lament at the end of Scene 15?
(b) A fair trial.
(c) Freedom from want.
13. Where on her body does Corday carry her knife?
(a) Strapped to her thigh.
(b) In her hand.
(c) Wrapped in her hair.
(d) Between her breasts.
14. In what way does Coulmier protest Sade must present his play?
(c) More positive.
(d) More decent.
15. In what room of the asylum does the play take place?
(a) The courtyard.
(b) The refractory.
(c) Coulmier's lodging.
(d) The bathhouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 11, Marat accuses aristocrats of make secret deals with whom?
2. Who accompanies Coulmier when he enters the stage?
3. According to Marat in Scene 11, where did the aristocrats allow the poor to die slowly?
4. Where does Corday tell Simone that Marat's enemies are gathering in Scene 9?
5. At the beginning of the song in Scene 10, what emotion has nearly defeated Corday?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)