|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is one of the actions that Corday accuses Marat of inciting in Scene 7?
2. What Holocaust term does Sade use in describing mankind's inclination to kill in Scene 12?
(a) Master race.
(b) Concentration camp.
(c) Final solution.
3. From what French town does Corday reside?
4. Who accompanies Marat at his static position at the beginning of the play?
5. What was the former profession of the interrupting patient in Scene 14?
(a) A surgeon.
(b) A diplomat.
(c) An abbot.
(d) A military attache.
6. According to Marat, what does one see everywhere one looks in 1793?
(c) His portrait.
7. To what does Sade compare Marat's bath in Scene 15?
(a) A womb.
(b) A dungeon.
(d) The ocean.
8. What was Jacques Roux's former profession?
9. With what term does Sade describe the execution of Damiens?
(a) A horrorshow.
(b) An exorcism.
(c) A ritual.
(d) A festival.
10. Which of the following is not an example Coulmier offers of the Church assisting the poor?
(a) Clothing drives.
(b) Medical aid.
(c) Free housing.
(d) Soup kitchens.
11. According to Corday's song in Scene 7, to what does Marat's way lead?
(a) Sewers and refuse.
(b) Eternal slavery.
(c) Rivers of blood.
(d) Mountains of dead.
12. Coulmier protests in Scene 11 that he brought in the public to show that his patients are not what?
13. As the chorus sings about the Revolution, what body part do they say is bleeding?
14. The song in Scene 10 details Corday's arrival in what town?
15. What object is Marat staring at as he writes at the beginning of Scene 7?
(a) A map.
(b) His bath.
(c) A portrait of Rousseau.
(d) A knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Herald at the end of Scene 4, what is the audience about to watch Marat do?
2. Which philosopher does Corday cite in her song in Scene 7?
3. In Scene 13, what does Marat say is the essential lie the ruling class gave the poor?
4. In Scene 14, which prayer does a patient recite in a perverse form?
5. Which of the following characters is not one of the Singers?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)