|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Coulmier protests in Scene 11 that he brought in the public to show that his patients are not what?
2. How many years has the Marquis de Sade been living at Charenton at the time of the play?
3. According to the Herald, what do Marat and Simone share in addition to a vision of France?
(a) A faith in God.
(b) Simone's money.
(c) A bed.
(d) The same parents.
4. Which of the following is one of the actions that Corday accuses Marat of inciting in Scene 7?
5. What does Simone tell Corday to do when she sends her away in Scene 9?
(a) Never return.
(b) Try back later.
(c) Leave Paris at once.
(d) Write Marat a letter.
6. Which two animals do the singers invoke to describe Marat in Scene 5?
(a) Eagle and wren.
(b) Wolf and asp.
(c) Otter and hound.
(d) Cow and bear.
7. Where on her body does Corday carry her knife?
(a) Between her breasts.
(b) Strapped to her thigh.
(c) Wrapped in her hair.
(d) In her hand.
8. What abstract purveyor of death does Sade say he hates in Scene 12?
(d) The Revolution.
9. How many times does the Herald knock his staff at the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) Four times.
(d) Three times.
10. Who shouts "Long live the Revolution" midway through the Homage to Marat?
11. To what building does Corday compare Paris in Scene 10?
(a) An outhouse.
(b) A slaughterhouse.
(c) A public bath.
(d) A cathedral.
12. To what does Sade compare Marat's bath in Scene 15?
(a) A dungeon.
(b) A womb.
(d) The ocean.
13. What is the basis for all life, according to Sade's works?
14. From what French town does Corday reside?
15. In Scene 7, what does Corday contend is spurting from Marat's hiding place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What apologia does Coulmier make in his Scene 2 speech?
2. What disease's effects are the wigs described in Scene 10 intended to conceal?
3. How old is Marat when the events of the play begin?
4. The song in Scene 10 details Corday's arrival in what town?
5. In Scene 12, Marat accuses Sade of lacking what?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)