|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What famous French text does Coulmier invoke in his Scene 2 speech?
(a) Democracy in America.
(b) The Constitution of 1793.
(c) The Declaration of Human Rights.
(d) The Declaration of Pilnitz.
2. In Marat's rant in Scene 9, where does he say the Parisian hypocrites where the crown?
(a) Their underwear.
(b) Their hose.
(c) Their caps.
(d) Their hearts.
3. Who shouts "Long live the Revolution" midway through the Homage to Marat?
4. How old is Marat when the events of the play begin?
5. In what way does Coulmier protest Sade must present his play?
(a) More positive.
(c) More decent.
6. What are the children fighting over in the streets, according to Corday?
(b) Old wigs.
(c) Toy guillotines.
(d) Human heads.
7. What is the basis for all life, according to Sade's works?
8. In Scene 10, what do the Singers mention is clogging the sewers?
(a) Rancid meat.
(c) Flood water.
9. How many years after the Revolution do the events of the play-within-the-play take place?
10. For what affliction is Marat always submerged in a bath?
(a) A fever.
(c) Muscle tension.
11. Who does Coulmier thank at the beginning of his speech in Scene 2?
(b) The audience.
12. What abstract purveyor of death does Sade say he hates in Scene 12?
(d) The Revolution.
13. Which of the following characters does not have a line in the Homage to Marat?
14. Who sings to the riled patients at the end of Scene 6?
(c) Coulmier's family.
(d) The sisters.
15. Who accompanies Marat at his static position at the beginning of the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Corday's body does the Salesman admire in the dagger-purchasing mime?
2. Which of the follow is not something the singers of Scene 5 suggest be done to the ruling class of 1793?
3. In what room of the asylum does the play take place?
4. In Scene 13, what role did the kings hold to the people?
5. At the end of Scene 5, the Herald announces that unrest has been replace by what?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)