Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years has the Marquis de Sade been living at Charenton at the time of the play?
2. With what adjective does Coulmier describe the keepers of the asylum in Scene 2?
3. To what does the Herald compare Marat's skin in Scene 4?
4. Who is attending Corday in the first scene of the play?
(a) Two male nurses.
(d) Two sisters.
5. Which character's name does the Heral mention appearing on Marat's black list in Scene 4?
6. What device's "singing" is Corday said to have hears in Scene 10?
(a) The guillotine.
(b) The pipe organ.
(c) The printing press.
(d) The tumbrel.
7. What do the assembled inmates do in Scene 3?
(b) Sit quietly.
(c) Beat the floor.
(d) Assume a pose.
8. In what French town is the play's asylum located?
9. In her Scene 7 song, Corday says that which two words meant different things to her and Marat?
(a) Action and fear.
(b) Love and change.
(c) Wealth and poverty.
(d) Freedom and mercy.
10. Coulmier protests in Scene 11 that he brought in the public to show that his patients are not what?
11. What Holocaust term does Sade use in describing mankind's inclination to kill in Scene 12?
(b) Master race.
(c) Final solution.
(d) Concentration camp.
12. From what French town does Corday reside?
13. What item does Corday want to buy after arriving into town in Scene 10?
(a) A dress.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A knife.
(d) A toy guillotine.
14. As the chorus sings about the Revolution, what body part do they say is bleeding?
15. What was the former profession of the interrupting patient in Scene 14?
(a) A diplomat.
(b) An abbot.
(c) A military attache.
(d) A surgeon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Herald signal in Scene 3?
2. Who stops Corday from prematurely murdering Marat in Scene 9?
3. What famous French text does Coulmier invoke in his Scene 2 speech?
4. What apologia does Coulmier make in his Scene 2 speech?
5. Which woman in the cast serves as Marat's nurse?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)