|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In her Scene 7 song, Corday says that which two words meant different things to her and Marat?
(a) Freedom and mercy.
(b) Wealth and poverty.
(c) Love and change.
(d) Action and fear.
2. Who accompanies Marat at his static position at the beginning of the play?
3. Who stops Corday from prematurely murdering Marat in Scene 9?
(d) A sister.
4. Who sings to the riled patients at the end of Scene 6?
(c) Coulmier's family.
(d) The sisters.
5. In Scene 5, Kokol quips to Marat that Paris facing a shortage of what?
6. What Holocaust term does Sade use in describing mankind's inclination to kill in Scene 12?
(a) Concentration camp.
(b) Final solution.
(d) Master race.
7. According to the Herald at the end of Scene 4, what is the audience about to watch Marat do?
(b) Give up.
8. What character enters in the first scene at Sade beckon?
9. Who is attending Corday in the first scene of the play?
(a) Two male nurses.
(b) Two sisters.
10. What do the assembled inmates do in Scene 3?
(a) Sit quietly.
(b) Assume a pose.
(d) Beat the floor.
11. Which of the following characters is not one of the Singers?
12. What famous French text does Coulmier invoke in his Scene 2 speech?
(a) The Declaration of Pilnitz.
(b) The Declaration of Human Rights.
(c) Democracy in America.
(d) The Constitution of 1793.
13. What action is Simone performing at the beginning of Scene 3?
(b) Applying Marat's bandage.
(d) Writing a letter.
14. Which philosopher does Corday cite in her song in Scene 7?
15. In Scene 7, what does Corday contend is spurting from Marat's hiding place?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Scene 6, a patient claims that all are free and equal to do what?
2. With what term does Sade describe the execution of Damiens?
3. What right's inclusion in the Revolution's declaration does Marat lament at the end of Scene 15?
4. What item does Corday want to buy after arriving into town in Scene 10?
5. Which of the following characters does not have a line in the Homage to Marat?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)