|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What apologia does Coulmier make in his Scene 2 speech?
(a) The space smells of antiseptic.
(b) The actors have never performed before.
(c) The play is poorly written.
(d) The hour is late.
2. What action is Simone performing at the beginning of Scene 3?
(b) Applying Marat's bandage.
(c) Writing a letter.
3. What character enters in the first scene at Sade beckon?
4. According to Sade at the end of Scene 11, from what does the guillotine deliver its victims?
5. Which philosopher does Corday cite in her song in Scene 7?
6. What disease's effects are the wigs described in Scene 10 intended to conceal?
7. What two omnipresent groups represent the asylum security throughout the play?
(a) Male Nurses and Doctors.
(b) Sisters and Doctors.
(c) Sisters and Priests.
(d) Sisters and Male Nurses.
8. According to Marat, what does one see everywhere one looks in 1793?
(b) His portrait.
9. Which what is Marat's tub filling in Scene 8?
10. What does the Herald people are in 1808 that they were not in 1793?
11. What are the children fighting over in the streets, according to Corday?
(b) Human heads.
(c) Old wigs.
(d) Toy guillotines.
12. In Scene 5, Kokol quips to Marat that Paris facing a shortage of what?
13. How does Sade characterize the process by which Revolutionaries dole out death sentences?
14. What mimic do the patients perform in the background of Scene 11?
(a) An execution.
(b) A cricket match.
(c) A mass.
(d) A street scene.
15. What part of the new ruling class's body is enormous, according to Kokol?
(a) Their arses.
(b) Their heads.
(c) Their stomachs.
(d) Their genitals.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Scene 11, where does Corday imagine she is?
2. What abstract purveyor of death does Sade say he hates in Scene 12?
3. How many years has the Marquis de Sade been living at Charenton at the time of the play?
4. What word do the patients chant in unison in Scene 6?
5. According to Sade at the beginning of Scene 15, what we do is the shadow of what?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)