|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Scene 8, what does Simone implore Marat to stop doing?
(c) Scratching himself.
(d) Staying awake all night.
2. At the end of Scene 11, where does Corday imagine she is?
(a) In heaven.
(b) At Marat's lodging.
(c) In Caen.
(d) On the execution scaffold.
3. What historical figure did Damiens try to assassinate?
(a) Cardinal Richaelieu.
(c) Louis XV.
4. In Scene 28, Sade says that he wrote his lost masterpiece on what?
(a) The skin of a prostitute.
(c) A long roll or paper.
(d) The walls of a prison cell.
5. As a judge in Revolutionary tribunals, what does Sade find himself unable to do?
(a) Show mercy.
(b) Look victims in the eyes.
(c) Sentence men to death.
(d) Stay awake.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year is The Marat/Sade set?
2. According to the Herald in Scene 19, what is the most sympathetic way to be executed?
3. What memorial of Marat does Sade prophesy the people will smash?
4. What does Coulmier protest he must be when he interrupts the play?
5. In Scene 7, what does Corday contend is spurting from Marat's hiding place?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)