|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 27 and 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 28, Sade says that he wrote his lost masterpiece on what?
(a) The walls of a prison cell.
(c) A long roll or paper.
(d) The skin of a prostitute.
2. In appeasing Coulmier in Scene 18, which is not a group to which the Singers pledge fidelity?
3. According to Sade at the beginning of Scene 15, what we do is the shadow of what?
(a) What we should do.
(b) What we are ordered to do.
(c) What we want to do.
(d) What others have done before us.
4. What does Simone tell Corday to do when she sends her away in Scene 9?
(a) Leave Paris at once.
(b) Try back later.
(c) Never return.
(d) Write Marat a letter.
5. At the end of Scene 11, where does Corday imagine she is?
(a) On the execution scaffold.
(b) In Caen.
(c) In heaven.
(d) At Marat's lodging.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Coulmier protest Sade must present his play?
2. At the end of Scene 28, the Singers complain that Marat's writings have done what to France?
3. In Scene 11, Marat accuses aristocrats of make secret deals with whom?
4. What two omnipresent groups represent the asylum security throughout the play?
5. According to Marat in Scene 27, what has the Minister of War sold to France's enemies?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)