|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 27 and 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the forbidden word that that Duperret says France is speaking at the end of Scene 17?
2. What right's inclusion in the Revolution's declaration does Marat lament at the end of Scene 15?
(b) A fair trial.
(d) Freedom from want.
3. When Coulmier interrupts Roux in Scene 19, what does he claim everyone in modern-day France is?
(a) A revolutionary.
(b) A peacemaker.
(c) A millionaire.
(d) A nationalist.
4. What item does Corday want to buy after arriving into town in Scene 10?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A knife.
(c) A toy guillotine.
(d) A dress.
5. According to the Herald, what do Marat and Simone share in addition to a vision of France?
(a) A faith in God.
(b) The same parents.
(c) Simone's money.
(d) A bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years after the Revolution do the events of the play-within-the-play take place?
2. What historical figure did Damiens try to assassinate?
3. What character enters in the first scene at Sade beckon?
4. What does Simone think she sees in the sky in Scene 21?
5. In Scene 11, Marat accuses aristocrats of make secret deals with whom?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)