|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 27 and 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What affliction begins to show itself in Sade as he is whipped?
(b) Profuse sweating.
(d) Heart palpitations.
2. Which character's name does the Heral mention appearing on Marat's black list in Scene 4?
3. What was Jacques Roux's former profession?
4. What do the assembled inmates do in Scene 3?
(a) Sit quietly.
(c) Beat the floor.
(d) Assume a pose.
5. What is the forbidden word that that Duperret says France is speaking at the end of Scene 17?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years after the Revolution do the events of the play-within-the-play take place?
2. From what country is the man who is brutally murdered by Sade's tailor?
3. In appeasing Coulmier in Scene 18, which is not a group to which the Singers pledge fidelity?
4. In Scene 27, which character accuses Marat of handing the country over to the lowest common denominator?
5. Which woman in the cast serves as Marat's nurse?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)