|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 20 and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following items is not something Marat blindly seeks in his fever at the beginning of Scene 21?
(a) His paper.
(b) His ink.
(c) His compress.
(d) His pen.
2. For what affliction is Marat always submerged in a bath?
(b) A fever.
(d) Muscle tension.
3. Which of the following is not an example Coulmier offers of the Church assisting the poor?
(a) Soup kitchens.
(b) Clothing drives.
(c) Medical aid.
(d) Free housing.
4. At the end of Scene 5, the Herald announces that unrest has been replace by what?
5. In Scene 18, for what group does Marat say the Revolution was fought?
(b) The poor.
(c) The military.
(d) The politicians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Coulmier when he enters the stage?
2. How much does Corday pay for the dagger with which she will kill Marat?
3. Coulmier protests in Scene 11 that he brought in the public to show that his patients are not what?
4. Which two animals do the singers invoke to describe Marat in Scene 5?
5. In Marat's rant in Scene 9, where does he say the Parisian hypocrites where the crown?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)