|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 20 and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man to whom Marat dictates his calls to the people?
2. Who anxiously follows behind Marat while the patients carry him on their shoulders in Scene 5?
3. As a judge in Revolutionary tribunals, what does Sade find himself unable to do?
(a) Show mercy.
(b) Sentence men to death.
(c) Stay awake.
(d) Look victims in the eyes.
4. What does Simone tell Corday to do when she sends her away in Scene 9?
(a) Leave Paris at once.
(b) Write Marat a letter.
(c) Never return.
(d) Try back later.
5. What mental affliction does the actor playing Marat have?
(d) Manic depression.
Short Answer Questions
1. What affliction begins to show itself in Sade as he is whipped?
2. In Scene 18, for what group does Marat say the Revolution was fought?
3. Into what does Roux demand the churches of France be converted?
4. In what year is The Marat/Sade set?
5. In her Scene 7 song, Corday says that which two words meant different things to her and Marat?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)