|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 20 and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aspect of Charlotte Corday does the Herald apologize to the audience for mentioning?
(a) Her wealth.
(b) Her madness.
(c) Her attractiveness.
(d) Her moral laxness.
2. What device's "singing" is Corday said to have hears in Scene 10?
(a) The printing press.
(b) The tumbrel.
(c) The pipe organ.
(d) The guillotine.
3. At the beginning of Scene 8, what does Simone implore Marat to stop doing?
(a) Staying awake all night.
(b) Scratching himself.
4. In the beginning of Scene 6, a patient claims that all are free and equal to do what?
5. What was the former profession of the interrupting patient in Scene 14?
(a) A military attache.
(b) A diplomat.
(c) An abbot.
(d) A surgeon.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the chorus sings about the Revolution, what body part do they say is bleeding?
2. In Scene 6, Jacques Roux protests that the ruling class controls all of the following except which?
3. In Marat's Liturgy, which of the following is not a group that he accuses of lying to the poor?
4. In what room of the asylum does the play take place?
5. What does Simone think she sees in the sky in Scene 21?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)