|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 20 and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which woman in the cast serves as Marat's nurse?
(d) Coulmier's Wife.
2. At the beginning of Scene 8, what does Simone implore Marat to stop doing?
(b) Staying awake all night.
(c) Scratching himself.
3. Marat never moves from a certain location. What is that location?
(a) A chair.
(b) A bath.
(c) A cage.
(d) A bench.
4. In Scene 6, Jacques Roux protests that the ruling class controls all of the following except which?
(a) The markets.
(b) The estates.
(c) The granaries.
(d) The military camps.
5. What memorial of Marat does Sade prophesy the people will smash?
(a) His grave.
(b) His home.
(c) His statue.
(d) His urn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man to whom Marat dictates his calls to the people?
2. In what French town is the play's asylum located?
3. From what affliction does the actress playing Corday suffer?
4. Where on her body does Corday carry her knife?
5. Who anxiously follows behind Marat while the patients carry him on their shoulders in Scene 5?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)