|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 12, 13, 14, and 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sade characterize the process by which Revolutionaries dole out death sentences?
2. According to Sade at the beginning of Scene 15, what we do is the shadow of what?
(a) What we are ordered to do.
(b) What we should do.
(c) What others have done before us.
(d) What we want to do.
3. What part of Corday's body does the Salesman admire in the dagger-purchasing mime?
(a) Her bosom.
(b) Her buttocks.
(c) Her hair.
(d) Her neck.
4. The song in Scene 10 details Corday's arrival in what town?
5. Where does Corday tell Simone that Marat's enemies are gathering in Scene 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Simone tell Corday to do when she sends her away in Scene 9?
2. In Scene 12, Marat accuses Sade of lacking what?
3. What do the assembled inmates do in Scene 3?
4. What two omnipresent groups represent the asylum security throughout the play?
5. What abstract purveyor of death does Sade say he hates in Scene 12?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)