|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character's name does the Heral mention appearing on Marat's black list in Scene 4?
2. What word do the patients chant in unison in Scene 6?
3. How many years has the Marquis de Sade been living at Charenton at the time of the play?
4. What actions are the Male Nurses performing at the top of the play?
(a) Chaining patients.
(b) Applying bandages and giving medication.
(c) Bathing and massages.
(d) Playing cards and drinking wine.
5. Which woman in the cast serves as Marat's nurse?
(c) Coulmier's Wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sings to the riled patients at the end of Scene 6?
2. In what way does Coulmier protest Sade must present his play?
3. According to the Herald, what do Marat and Simone share in addition to a vision of France?
4. Who stops Corday from prematurely murdering Marat in Scene 9?
5. What disease's effects are the wigs described in Scene 10 intended to conceal?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)