|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what affliction does the actress playing Corday suffer?
(b) Fits of rage.
(d) Sleeping sickness.
2. With what adjective does Coulmier describe the keepers of the asylum in Scene 2?
3. How old is Marat when the events of the play begin?
4. What object is Marat staring at as he writes at the beginning of Scene 7?
(a) A portrait of Rousseau.
(b) A map.
(c) His bath.
(d) A knife.
5. Which what is Marat's tub filling in Scene 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Corday's song in Scene 7, to what does Marat's way lead?
2. Who does the Herald signal in Scene 3?
3. According to the Herald, what do Marat and Simone share in addition to a vision of France?
4. Who accompanies Marat at his static position at the beginning of the play?
5. Where on her body does Corday carry her knife?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)