|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Marat when the events of the play begin?
2. In what year is The Marat/Sade set?
3. What action is Simone performing at the beginning of Scene 3?
(b) Writing a letter.
(d) Applying Marat's bandage.
4. What mental affliction does the actor playing Marat have?
(b) Manic depression.
5. What aspect of Charlotte Corday does the Herald apologize to the audience for mentioning?
(a) Her moral laxness.
(b) Her madness.
(c) Her attractiveness.
(d) Her wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 5, Kokol quips to Marat that Paris facing a shortage of what?
2. Who is attending Corday in the first scene of the play?
3. What character enters in the first scene at Sade beckon?
4. What is the "lurid star" under which the Herald says Sade came to the asylum?
5. Which two animals do the singers invoke to describe Marat in Scene 5?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)