|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which woman in the cast serves as Marat's nurse?
(c) Coulmier's Wife.
2. Who does the Herald signal in Scene 3?
(a) The Orchestra.
(b) The Male Nurses.
3. What action is Simone performing at the beginning of Scene 3?
(c) Applying Marat's bandage.
(d) Writing a letter.
4. To what does the Herald compare Marat's skin in Scene 4?
5. What is the "lurid star" under which the Herald says Sade came to the asylum?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which world does Roux utter in Scene 4 before being shushed by Coulmier?
2. According to the Herald, what do Marat and Simone share in addition to a vision of France?
3. As the chorus sings about the Revolution, what body part do they say is bleeding?
4. How many years after the Revolution do the events of the play-within-the-play take place?
5. In what way does Coulmier protest Sade must present his play?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)