|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which woman in the cast serves as Marat's nurse?
(c) Coulmier's Wife.
2. Who is attending Corday in the first scene of the play?
(c) Two male nurses.
(d) Two sisters.
3. As the chorus sings about the Revolution, what body part do they say is bleeding?
4. Which two animals do the singers invoke to describe Marat in Scene 5?
(a) Cow and bear.
(b) Wolf and asp.
(c) Otter and hound.
(d) Eagle and wren.
5. Who anxiously follows behind Marat while the patients carry him on their shoulders in Scene 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Scene 5, the Herald announces that unrest has been replace by what?
2. How old is Marat when the events of the play begin?
3. Who does Coulmier thank at the beginning of his speech in Scene 2?
4. In Scene 6, Jacques Roux protests that the ruling class controls all of the following except which?
5. Which character's name does the Heral mention appearing on Marat's black list in Scene 4?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)