|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the chorus sings about the Revolution, what body part do they say is bleeding?
2. With what adjective does Coulmier describe the keepers of the asylum in Scene 2?
3. In what French town is the play's asylum located?
4. Who does the Herald signal in Scene 3?
(b) The Male Nurses.
(c) The Orchestra.
5. From what French town does Corday reside?
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous French text does Coulmier invoke in his Scene 2 speech?
2. Which of the follow is not something the singers of Scene 5 suggest be done to the ruling class of 1793?
3. What does Coulmier protest he must be when he interrupts the play?
4. What was Jacques Roux's former profession?
5. What actions are the Male Nurses performing at the top of the play?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)