|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What famous French text does Coulmier invoke in his Scene 2 speech?
(a) The Declaration of Human Rights.
(b) Democracy in America.
(c) The Declaration of Pilnitz.
(d) The Constitution of 1793.
2. In what room of the asylum does the play take place?
(a) The bathhouse.
(b) The refractory.
(c) The courtyard.
(d) Coulmier's lodging.
3. Who sings to the riled patients at the end of Scene 6?
(b) Coulmier's family.
(c) The sisters.
4. What does Coulmier protest he must be when he interrupts the play?
(a) The de facto director.
(b) The calming hand.
(c) The voice of reason.
(d) The representative of the state.
5. What was Jacques Roux's former profession?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shouts "Long live the Revolution" midway through the Homage to Marat?
2. Which two animals do the singers invoke to describe Marat in Scene 5?
3. What two omnipresent groups represent the asylum security throughout the play?
4. In Scene 6, Jacques Roux protests that the ruling class controls all of the following except which?
5. Who anxiously follows behind Marat while the patients carry him on their shoulders in Scene 5?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)