|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanies Marat at his static position at the beginning of the play?
2. What apologia does Coulmier make in his Scene 2 speech?
(a) The space smells of antiseptic.
(b) The play is poorly written.
(c) The actors have never performed before.
(d) The hour is late.
3. According to the Herald at the end of Scene 4, what is the audience about to watch Marat do?
(a) Give up.
4. According to the Herald, what do Marat and Simone share in addition to a vision of France?
(a) The same parents.
(b) Simone's money.
(c) A bed.
(d) A faith in God.
5. Who accompanies Coulmier when he enters the stage?
(a) His family.
(b) A priest.
(c) Various nobles.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what affliction is Marat always submerged in a bath?
2. In what French town is the play's asylum located?
3. From what affliction does the actress playing Corday suffer?
4. Who does the Herald signal in Scene 3?
5. In what year is The Marat/Sade set?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)