|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what affliction is Marat always submerged in a bath?
(a) Muscle tension.
(b) A fever.
2. What is Coulmier's official position?
(a) Ambassador from the Emperor.
(b) Director of the Asylum.
3. What aspect of Charlotte Corday does the Herald apologize to the audience for mentioning?
(a) Her wealth.
(b) Her attractiveness.
(c) Her moral laxness.
(d) Her madness.
4. To what does the Herald compare Marat's skin in Scene 4?
5. In what room of the asylum does the play take place?
(a) The bathhouse.
(b) Coulmier's lodging.
(c) The refractory.
(d) The courtyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is not one of the Singers?
2. What apologia does Coulmier make in his Scene 2 speech?
3. With what adjective does Coulmier describe the keepers of the asylum in Scene 2?
4. What is the "lurid star" under which the Herald says Sade came to the asylum?
5. What mental affliction does the actor playing Marat have?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)