|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Marat when the events of the play begin?
2. What was Jacques Roux's former profession?
3. What do the assembled inmates do in Scene 3?
(a) Assume a pose.
(b) Beat the floor.
(d) Sit quietly.
4. In what room of the asylum does the play take place?
(a) The bathhouse.
(b) The refractory.
(c) Coulmier's lodging.
(d) The courtyard.
5. Which of Dupperet's articles of clothing is mentioned by the Herald in Scene 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What character enters in the first scene at Sade beckon?
2. How many times does the Herald knock his staff at the beginning of Scene 3?
3. What mental affliction does the actor playing Marat have?
4. Which world does Roux utter in Scene 4 before being shushed by Coulmier?
5. Which of the following characters is not one of the Singers?
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)