|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the assembled inmates do in Scene 3?
(a) Assume a pose.
(b) Sit quietly.
(c) Beat the floor.
2. What aspect of Charlotte Corday does the Herald apologize to the audience for mentioning?
(a) Her moral laxness.
(b) Her madness.
(c) Her wealth.
(d) Her attractiveness.
3. In what year is The Marat/Sade set?
4. What character enters in the first scene at Sade beckon?
5. What actions are the Male Nurses performing at the top of the play?
(a) Playing cards and drinking wine.
(b) Bathing and massages.
(c) Chaining patients.
(d) Applying bandages and giving medication.
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous French text does Coulmier invoke in his Scene 2 speech?
2. Which of the following characters is not one of the Singers?
3. How many years has the Marquis de Sade been living at Charenton at the time of the play?
4. For what affliction is Marat always submerged in a bath?
5. What two omnipresent groups represent the asylum security throughout the play?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)